DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 87: Overeem vs. Arlovski (5/8/2016) - Rotterdam, Netherlands (Ahoy Rotterdam)

Elsalvajeloco

Really good fight between Khabilov and Wade. Proof positive there isn't a bunch of easy fights at lightweight. Khabilov survived a flying kick knockdown, and Wade pressured him to stay active. This is the most impressive Khabilov has looked in awhile.

De Randamie with a sterling performance and brutal knee to the body. Plus, she cut a great promo after the fight. After following her career for 10 years, it's awesome to see her get a shining moment.

Unless Bigfoot Silva is on the TRT he is nothing.   Either release him so he can work in Bellator where the health of the fighters isn't a high priority or give him some office job like others.

Arlovski had a good run for a little bit but he is near the end as well.  Luckily the heavyweight division is so weak after the top 3 that he still have a 50/50 shot in his fights

Bigfoot is beyond done. there's no way he keeps his job after this, is there? he's 1-4-1 in his last six, which also includes a failed PED test.

as for Arlovski, i think this was his last best chance to get another shot at the heavyweight crown. He's now lost 2 in a row, both by TKO stoppage. He's getting up there in years. I can see him still sticking around a while, facing lower top-10 guys and doing perfectly fine, but it's just a matter of time.  I'm still hoping that we can get a AA-CroCop match somewhere before both guys are completely finished (i expect CC makes a return in Japan at some point).

Not many in the way of surprises on that fight card.  I was happy to see Gunnar Nelson back in top form against a beast like Albert Tumenov.  

Good performance overall for Overeem.  I've never really liked Andrei Arlovski's defense, and I figured he wouldn't be able to get Overeem to fight his style of a brawling/boxing type of fight.  

I would say Overeem probably should face the winner of Miocic/Werdum.

What a disappointing Kaiju Big Battel. 

The ring entrances for Struve and Bigfoot and the trailer for Godzilla vs. Megalon lasted longer than the fight.

Overeem is only good against guys he can walk down.  If the guy that stands and trades with him is making 'Reem backpedal or move laterally, 'Reem is going to get KTFOed or subbed.