DVDVR Message Board

Dave Chappelle: Stil Crazy After All These Years

Ellsworth Toohey

And to go a little further. If he were in tiny dive bars/clubs, struggling to make money and this was happening, I would feel bad. 

You wouldn't feel bad because you wouldn't fucking know who he is.

It's not like he is some feature at the Dayton Funny Bone that turned into a viral sensation after one incident. He is the guy Comedy Central basically have spent seven years trying to replicate. Yeah, he is going to be under the microscope regardless.

Can you read?  

I also think venues should toss people who yell shit during performances. 

I think a performer does not have a right to "steal" (using the watered down internet definition) money from audience member, because a very small minority are stupid. Not serving alcohol at these events would also help.  

wasting your mind reading powers here.

Can you read?  

I think a performer does not have a right to "steal" (using the watered down internet definition) money from audience member, because a very small minority are stupid. Not serving alcohol at these events would also help.  

And also kill the venue. Booze sale is what keeps comedy clubs afloat.

• Like 1

Can you read?  

And also kill the venue. Booze sale is what keeps comedy clubs afloat.

I doubt he knows that and the info would stop him from making asinine replies.

Can you read? 

Can you? The article linked in the OP recounted that Chappelle said "Security feel free to step in anytime."

So Chappelle asked for the loudmouths to be tossed and nothing happened. But according to you he should still "suck it up" because he's rich and famous, (or, let's be honest: because you're not.)

The idiocy of the notion that venues should nix their single biggest profit center has already been suitably trashed.

Can you read? 

Can you? The article linked in the OP recounted that Chappelle said "Security feel free to step in anytime."

So Chappelle asked for the loudmouths to be tossed and nothing happened. But according to you he should still "suck it up" because he's rich and famous, (or, let's be honest: because you're not.)

The idiocy of the notion that venues should nix their single biggest profit center has already been suitably trashed.

I find it amusing that you and elasticwasteband fancy yourselves smart. If security did not step in, then it is the venues fault. But you know if alcohol makes money, they should sell crystal meth, guns and fireworks to triple profits.  

Can you read? 

I find it amusing that you and elasticwasteband fancy yourselves smart.

That's the professional's* touch. Even the dumbest guy in the audience leaves amused, even if he's not entirely sure why.

If security did not step in, then it is the venues fault.

Oh, so when you said "Nothing wrong with striving for more, but don't be pissy that you are remember for one thing you created" you were talking about the venue.

And when you said "To me its like hearing a rich man complain about taxes. Cry me a river, moneybags" you meant the venue.

And when you said "And to go a little further. If he were in tiny dive bars/clubs, struggling to make money and this was happening, I would feel bad." you meant you would feel bad for tiny venues, but had no sympathy for big ones.

Indeed, your entire appearance in this thread hasn't been a massive hate-wank over someone being rich and famous, it's been you complaining about big rich venues this whole time! I get it now. Guess you just need a bit of work on those pronouns.

*not really

But you know if alcohol makes money, they should sell crystal meth, guns and fireworks to triple profits.

Ok now, the shitshow has begun. One of these things is not like the others.
I've worked in TV too long and could make a case for each of those being the odd man out. Which were you thinking?

your entire appearance in this thread hasn't been a massive hate-wank over someone being rich and famous, it's been you complaining about big rich venues this whole time! 

I can think security should shut up hecklers and he should stop being a baby and do the job he was paid for. You're the worst type of fucking idiot. You actually think you're smart. At least I know I'm a fucking moron. Shit I like Dave Chappelle. You are terrible at mind reading.  

One of these things is not like the others.

Because alcohol is super safe and never caused someone to act stupid and violent? 

Can you read? 

I find it amusing that you and elasticwasteband fancy yourselves smart. If security did not step in, then it is the venues fault. But you know if alcohol makes money, they should sell crystal meth, guns and fireworks to triple profits.  

This is one of the stupidest slippery slopes I've seen. Comedy & concert venues die without booze sales. It's a commonly known fact. Hell, getting a buzz into the crowd makes it easier for the comic to work. A well lubricated audience is a more responsive audience.