DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Hell I might be able to get back on one of these days. I'm dog sitting for a buddy all week at his parents' huge house, yet they have no internet. And on the very week new content is released too. Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

On the bright side, I get to see Alice In Chains on Wednesday. Mel is going to be very proud of me.

• Like 1

The votes of the cabal have been tallied and the question of manilyolo's membership has been answered with a resounding "Nay!"

High Life comes out tomorrow.  I am literally counting the hours.

I spend Mother's Day Weekend with my mom and my girlfriend and her kids.  I think I was online for maybe two or three hours, but I got a couple more parachute jump challenges done and finished up the next in the series of the Minute Man and Dom's Strangers & Freaks sidejobs.

I got Gold for An American Welcome on the second try but I had to cheat and watch a YouTube video to see that the best way to nab the two bikers in under 55 seconds is to go around the far side of the cement factory and head off the motorcycles as they exit the rear of the complex. 

I figured out on the first try that the easiest way to catch the first guy on the four-wheeler is to drive down the side of the mountain and block the road.  Josef tazes the guy from long range as soon as he passes by.

I also got the Gold medal for Dom's cargo plane jump dealie, but it was somewhat problematic because I suck at driving four wheelers. 

I finally got on the fucking cargo plane without falling off the edge of the ramp.  Physics told me not to ride out of the plane too quickly, so I managed to get the "do 8 backflips / spins" and "land in the Alamo Sea without jumping off of the bike" parts without too much difficulty.. 

I figured correctly that if you gun your engine, your momentum wll cause you either hit land or a shallow part of the Alamo Sea where you would die on impact.  Go fast enough so that you can do a wheelie and just pull back on your thumbstick to start backflipping and you should be able to land in the deepest part of the Alamo Sea without bailing from the four wheeler.

I triggered some Random Event where Franklin had to rescue the daughter of one of Don Gravelli's capos.  Hopefully Frank will get some mob money out of that deal because he's down to slightly under $30K after buying Downtown Cab.

I got on a little on Saturday.  Unlocked the Grim Reaper tat that I don't have any place for, and got an ignition bomb kill or two.

Ran into somebody with a crew tag in freemode - soul reaper, or something like that.  Don't know who that is, and couldn't find a similar name in the online list.  I may have run them over without realizing, because I didn't think any crew would be in the server.

I ran into another server where the sticky bombs wouldn't work, but this time it saved me.  Was in the Simeon car when somebody threw two onto the back of it.  Both disappeared, so I just hopped out, shotgunned the guy, and blew up his Entity.  The same server was the source of endless bounties.  I stole 3 cars, and got 3 bounties put on me for them.

I am good with not getting the Grim Reaper tattoo ever.  I don't think I will be Team MVP on enough Team Deathmatches to get the award and the Hottie tattoo on my left leg jives more with the Racing Brunette on my left arm. 

IIRCm here are some new Rockstar Verified races being added today before High Life goes live tomorrow, so I may try to back my way into a World Record and a Devil Girl tattoo if I get some gameplay tonight.

Ran into somebody with a crew tag in freemode - soul reaper, or something like that.  Don't know who that is, and couldn't find a similar name in the online list.  I may have run them over without realizing, because I didn't think any crew would be in the server.

Soul Reaper IR is crew. 

IIRC her 360 gamertag used to be VESPA or somesuch, but she changed it when she hooked up with the Reaperz Gaming Network to write reviews for their blog. 

She usually games with her roommate, Dr. Kinky Amy69.  Don't shoot Amy because she is also in the DVDR crew but runs with another set (STLM) because most of Amy's real life friends in her time zone (Central US) make up most of the membership of STLM.

This does not mean that we have a truce with every member of STLM.  If they bring heat, so do we.

Dr kinky amy69 would also seem to violate the DVDR rule of violence towards wacky names.

She is a female and a very nice person and the recruitment of girl gamers that will actually hang out with us in chat supercedes the wacky names rule.

They've changed the forced weapon on a lot of the deathmatches. Maze is Sawn-Off Shotguns now (instead of Pistols), and Paintball is Carbine Rifle. Still undefeated on that map. I would have won the Railyard Team DM as well, me and Deadguy vs Cristobal, Havoc and Luke. Only I was power player all the way and they took advantage. They won by one. 

The teams were unfair, so that made up for it.

Dr kinky amy69 would also seem to violate the DVDR rule of violence towards wacky names.

She is a female and the recruitment of girl jehovah's witnesses supercedes the wacky names rule.

Fixed

We're not talking about that kind of recruitment.  The Watchtower jokes will write themselves.

I had maybe an hour yesterday after getting home before Lucha started and tried to figure out if i wanted to do some gta. But i looked and saw no one was on and just watched stuff on computer instead.

I do hope this new stuff helps to revive my interest.

Have any of y'all ever heard one of J.T.'s harem in a crew chat? I think he's building his own army. J.T. and the Pussycats. They can play songs in between bouts of Rooftop Rumble.

And I seriously doubt any of us can remember people not to shoot who's not in the crew. I'll have friends of mine in the same game with us, and it's insane:

"Dood, can I shoot (whoever)?"

"Um, try not to shoot him, he's a friend of mine."

(sniped twice, once on respawn)

"Sorry about that, Stout. He's a white dot, MUST KILL ALL WHITE DOTS."

Have any of y'all ever heard one of J.T.'s harem in a crew chat? I think he's building his own army. J.T. and the Pussycats..

Not quite.  Amy and Soul Reaver are about college age, but Moongirl is a friend of family so she is almost like my kid sister.

I have lost touch with most of my "golf partners."  I will have to redouble my efforts.

Hopefully I didn't kill either of them.  No real I idea to be sure, though.  I was trying to get to a Simeon car, and it wound up in the middle of a huge scrum.  After things settled down a bit, I noticed a crew colored dot. 

Lets hope none of these girls need your help filling our paperwork when they buy their new apartments in Los Santos. :)

I am already having real life issues with trying to buy a townhouse with my actual girlfriend.  I ain't co-signing anyone else's lease.

Hopefully I didn't kill either of them. No real I idea to be sure, though. I was trying to get to a Simeon car, and it wound up in the middle of a huge scrum. After things settled down a bit, I noticed a crew colored dot.

I think her mic is broken, but she doesn't usually shoot at DVDR members, though.  She's not like the currently exiled HockeyShotST.

On the one hand, it's a shame we don't really have an actual crew presence on PS3, but on the other, the wild west-esque lawlessness probably suits my mentality of "kill anything that threatens me...or might threaten me...or just looks at me funny...or that I think would be funny to kill...really, whoever takes my fancy".

I especially like killing people who come up and honk, then lying and saying, "Oops, sorry, threw that sticky bomb before I heard your honk, then I tried to change the radio station."

Well, we do that too, just not if your dot is blue or green. 

Having six people waiting outside a dood's apartment for him to come out after he killed one of us unprovoked is high comedy. Same for the poor sot who decides that going to a Los Santos Customs in the middle of a firefight is a great thing to do. That one guy came out to five guys pointing RPGs at him and Fireman Robert ready to put out his flaming car with a fire hose.

I have a feeling the fire hoses start working again with this update.

Like Mark - I never saw anyone online this weekend so I played a lot of Mass Effect.

Sweet sweet killing and higher challenge points.

I'm betting 4 a.m. Eastern, based on observations of others and personal experience.

Oh yeah: Looking at the Social Club site, it says we have won 2,500 feuds with other crews. How is this possible? Does that mean we've shot 2,500 dudes from other crews? Highly possible, I guess.

Some people call me the gangster of love: http://rsg.ms/SWb2aH