DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Jesus, if GTA 6 remembers that San Fiero (San Francisco) used to be in the game, I am not looking forward to Mark's race based on the car chase from What's Up Doc where the finish line is in mid air and in order to win the race, you have to hit a stunt ramp to fly through it and splash into the harbor.

I thought I would have more of an advantage in those deathmatches where we had all of our weapons, so I could snipe, but I'd get sniped as much as I'd snipe, so that kind of canceled itself out.

I think a problem is that I'm totally unfamiliar with the forced weapons and don't know their range very well, so I'm taking shots at people I stand no chance of hitting, giving away my position in the process and risking getting killed if that person has happened to pick up a longer-range weapon.

I'm still regretting not trying to get on the train during that deathmatch at the commune. "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

I leveled up at least 4 levels over the course of the evening to some stupid ridiculous number. It puts this internal pressure on me - I'll be doing a mission with randoms and it'll be like Level 32, 45, 41 and 235. We did one where you have to swipe a couple of vans and it came down to me and another dude trying to finish it. I'm getting fired on, and I decide I need cover, now. So I jump down to a lower level and pretty much right in the lap of two enemies. "Uh, hi, guys?" Boom. I'm gone. They weren't on my radar, which was clear of red blips at the time I was being fired on, oddly enough.

Anyone holding their breath for heists should probably go ahead and breathe - looking like sometime in June for those. This game needs something new at this point something fierce. The next update will help a bit.

Are Captures as confusing to anyone else as they are to me? That one last night was 10 minutes of torture. It was:

1. Start out on motorcycle.

2. Get shot in tunnel by Rippa.

3. Respawn on motorcycle.

4. Get shot in tunnel by Rippa 

5. Repeat steps 1-4

And that was sadly one of the "better" captures

I did have the idea this morning of trying to create a capture similar to the bus one we liked but doing it in the Sightseeing Bus

I hated that capture map with the teams on the other side of the tunnel from each other.  I remember that being one of the first captures we did and I hated it back then.

It is the same bullshit "They vs. We"  set-up from that Bugs Bunny / Yosemite Sam cartoon set during the Revolutionary War.  The other one just like it set on the pot farm can also go spit.

I actually liked was the one at the bus depot where you had to steal the Greyhounds and I didn't think that the "compete with x teams to steal y meth" captures set in lumber yard near Paleto Bay and the one in the Alamo Sea where we had to use boats to get to that island were that bad...

I think those where technically missions - the ones where it was two teams going to point X and shooting bad guys and then racing back to a fixed point. First team there wins

There was the one going the island that was fun.

There was also a car one that was really fun to that we ended up doing months ago with some randoms but dammed if I remember the name of it. (I remember it was me and two randos, Robert and Dan where on the other team, some others had to be involved)

I think those where technically missions - the ones where it was two teams going to point X and shooting bad guys and then racing back to a fixed point. First team there wins

Oy, that's right.  Most of the team vs. team missions are CTF in nature, so I always found it odd why there now has to be a distinction between a mission like Hippy Hunting and actual Capture missions.

It's basically the same thing.

There was the one going the island that was fun.

There was also a car one that was really fun to that we ended up doing months ago with some randoms but dammed if I remember the name of it. (I remember it was me and two randos, Robert and Dan where on the other team, some others had to be involved)

I remember that one.  moongirl was on our team, driving like a mad woman to avoid the buzzard that one of the randoms had called in.  I think that was Crooked Cop

I'm all good with as many likes as you guys want to give to my little race.  

My favorite moment in that painful Observatory DM was finally sneaking up on whoever the 2 of you were camped out behind the east side wall and yelling "GET OUT. GET THE FUCK OUT."

I got one and a half of you.  Next time I know to just snipe when I have a view of you. 

Also, when someone called me out for blasting Adult Education. :)

• Like 1

I traded PM's with Moongirl last night.  She is still busy with her CoD clan, Ares Company, but she does plan to jump back into GTA Online for a limited time after the next update and plans to take part in a heist or two. 

I noticed that she logged in long enough to buy some of the clothes from the Valentine's Day Update.

Dan and I were talking about making an underwater DM after we got into a shootout with somebody inside a shallow lake in freemode.  I've been to lazy to do it.  Not sure if Dan has done anything.  There are a couple of places you could do it.

My favorite moment in that painful Observatory DM was finally sneaking up on whoever the 2 of you were camped out behind the east side wall and yelling "GET OUT. GET THE FUCK OUT."

I got one and a half of you.  Next time I know to just snipe when I have a view of you. 

You got me, but Chris had your number.  We also put the Anderson Brothers double-team whoop ass on poor Misanthrope when he mantled over the wall.

I was also blasting Adult Education during that race.

If you are gonna snipe, just be aware that I will take that opportunity when you are sighting down on one of us to sneak up behind you and stab you in the neck with my combat knife.  Just sayin'.

Bow chikka wow wow

She's the near-college age daughter of a friend of mine that I went to college with myself, man!  it's not like that. :lol:

I also enjoy JT constantly mentioning Dan and Robert's flip flop and flying while conveniently ignoring that his ass was tumbling all over the place yesterday too :-)

JT and I had a pretty nice tumbling mirror sequence going on in the middle of the Commune DM last night, till somebody had to ruin the fun by shooting me in the back of the head.  It looked like we were doing some sort of rhythmic gymnastics team event, except we had replaced the ribbons and hoops with shotguns.

I felt like Ricky Morton getting his face ground into the concrete on that exchange. I didn't think there were two there, and I didnt drop down where I wanted to. I think I also forgot to switch over to the shotgun.  I made a comeback sniping after that, and I put a couple loads of 00 buckshot into someone's face coming up that ladder on the ship.

I also enjoy JT constantly mentioning Dan and Robert's flip flop and flying while conveniently ignoring that his ass was tumbling all over the place yesterday too :-)

JT and I had a pretty nice tumbling mirror sequence going on in the middle of the Commune DM last night, till somebody had to ruin the fun by shooting me in the back of the head.  It looked like we were doing some sort of rhythmic gymnastics team event, except we had replaced the ribbons and hoops with shotguns.

Why do the Cypress Hill "Hand On The Pump" jokes never come to me until after the day after the pump shotgun deathmatches?

I need to create a Pump Shotgun deathmatch called Hand On The Pump and set it in Vagos hood.

The mission / job description will merely say, "Here is something you can't understand."

LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I think that the Beanie Cap selection from the clothing stores has skull caps that are similar to the ones that B-Real wears. 

I'd be tempted to get a skullie to wear with my black hoodie and urban camo cargo pants and mirror the B-Real look as long as the cap didn't make me look like a Conehead..

Also, when someone called me out for blasting Adult Education. :)

You were cranking it so loudly I could hear it very plainly through your microphone to my headphones. I've cranked a lot of stuff in my time - if it's too loud, you're too old, man - but I can't remember ever thinking "HALL AND OATES? CRANK THAT SHIT UP, BRAH!" :)

I traded PM's with Moongirl last night.  She is still busy with her CoD clan, Ares Company, but she does plan to jump back into GTA Online for a limited time after the next update and plans to take part in a heist or two. 

I noticed that she logged in long enough to buy some of the clothes from the Valentine's Day Update.

Mention Tuesday Night Titans to her sometime. I'd love to have my ass kicked in a motorcycle race by our resident Superhero. Wouldn't even have to get on mic.

I just spent the afternoon playing some of the most blissfully dumb crap ever in GTA history.

One race was called "Higher than Cheech n Chong" and I thought "ut oh." It started so normally I thought "this is no big deal, what the hell?" then suddenly, there's a ramp that's ramps stacked on ramps pretty much to the clouds, with a checkpoint at the top. If you don't drive it perfectly, you fall off and have to get in line behind the other people who didn't drive it perfectly, and it's a pain. Mis accepted one of my automatically sent invites to it, Dan wisely didn't. 

The first time I did it I was laughing SO damn hard. Mis gave it the Fresh Thumbs Down, but I loved it.

Then there was another race (name escapes me) in the same part of town 4-Way Jumps is in that involved a huge ramp-on-ramps combo that spits you out upside down. First time I came off that, I was spinning so gracefully it amazed me. Got my Gold Medal for Spinderella. Then it ends with a hyooge jump to a top of a reverse C-shaped building with the finish line at the bottom of the reverse C. Good times.

Then someone actually tried to make a Demolition Derby deathmatch, but it sucked because the area they were using was way too small to get a proper amount of speed up. So no one could ever blow up any cars. The only time you could kill someone is if they were stupid enough to get out of their car to get another car. I gave it a thumbs-up because I was laughing so hard at the ending - the guy who invited us to the deathmatch kept getting killed and got pissy and left. So it was me and another dude, squaring off man-to-man in bulldozers.

I still think a Demolition Derby can be done, and that sorta proved it, but it's gotta be done better. Damned if I'm gonna create one, though, that creator crap sounds tedious. Glad people do it, though, 'cause a lot of those created races are either actually good, like Kelvin's "Over the River" race, or so bad it's good, like "Cheech and Chong."

Thumbs down because the crew you were playing with kept wrecking me and one of the assholes blocked the entrance to the ramp with an adder. Even sent me a nice pm "lol".  After that I just started playing call of duty.  Give me a ghillie suit and an m14 with a silencer over a race any day.

If I finished second, it'd have probably gotten a thumbs up.

Edited by misanthrope304

Was he blocking, or stuck? Probably blocking, but it's easy to get wedged between the ramps if you're not careful. I "unwedged" one guy with a love tap in that first race. I would've just kept driving into him at full speed. 

I did a "dirtier" version of the horse racing track race (more crap around the track) in a golf cart and totally spun the dude in front of me going into the last turn to win the race. He spun me earlier, so screw him. Rubbin's racin'.

The first time I did it I was laughing SO damn hard. Mis gave it the Fresh Thumbs Down, but I loved it.

It is human nature.  I think we've all done the same job on this game and been like, "Fuck this!" and voted thumbs down when we lose and then we go "Hey, this isn't so bad!" when we win and gave the job a like....

My hate and love are fairly consistant.  No matter how well or horribly I do, I always hate deathmatches on the beach and I love racing with the traffic turned on.  I hate airplane races but I kinda like helicopter race.

I tend to vote thumbs down on a lot of the Rockstar Verified stuff because most of the content just seems thrown together.  There are some gems out there like 4-Way Madness and LS FORUM, but most of the player made races and deathmatches are really bad.

There is no R-Verified race with the word "gymkhana" in the title it that feels like a Gymkhana event from other driving games because the game physics and car mechanics in GTA Online will only let you get away with so much. 

If you try to drift down an onramp onto the Olympic Freeway in Los Santos the same way you try to drift onto the Santa Monica Freeway in one of the Need for Speed games, bad things will happen.