DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I ran through Coveted a couple of nights ago with Rippa, Amy, and her home girl from the Reaperz online gaming clan. Easiest payday ever.

I've been doing Defender. If you're decent with a Buzzard (the mission gives you one) it's an easy $17K and 3000 RP, plus a good way to raise your flying skill.

I must've been overlooking it - I couldn't find Defender in the list of all the jobs you can dial up with the start menu, but Melraz and I found it on the "job board" or whatever you wanna call the six missions to pick. I'm not very good with the chopper - I end up flying too high.

Diamonds Are for Trevor is some good RP, but a bad payoff. 

I wanna go through the ones it says I haven't done and do them, even if they don't pay for crap. I also wanna try Rooftop Rumble and Coveted solo. Melraz does Rooftop Rumble solo and Herby does Coveted solo (with the "light" sniper, to beat all), so it's possible. I can't pick up crap with a Cargobob, though - they should set highlights of some of my Cargobob-picking-up-stuff attempts to "Yackety Sax" and slap it on YouTube.

Once you get the "rhythm" of Rooftop Rumble, it's even easier than Coveted.

I ran through Coveted a couple of nights ago with Rippa, Amy, and her home girl from the Reaperz online gaming clan. Easiest payday ever.

I've been doing Defender. If you're decent with a Buzzard (the mission gives you one) it's an easy $17K and 3000 RP, plus a good way to raise your flying skill.

I am a fairly competant helicopter pilot, but everytime I get Defender (1 - 2 players) in my queue, I am usually in a group with four or five of the guys and the guys all want to do the same activity together rather than break up into smaller units.  I've never attempted to solo the job..

Defender is pretty easy to solo.  There are 5 or 6 enemy choppers you need to bring down, but they attack one at a time.

I must've been overlooking it - I couldn't find Defender in the list of all the jobs you can dial up with the start menu, but Melraz and I found it on the "job board" or whatever you wanna call the six missions to pick. I'm not very good with the chopper - I end up flying too high.

You need to get the job from a phone call first and at least start it (don't need to pass it) before it will appear in the pause menu.

The height button on the helicopter has nothing to do with speed, don't use it unless you actually need to climb.  The "secret" to flying in any GTA game is to have a very light touch and use the accelerate/rise button sparingly when you're steering.

I wanna go through the ones it says I haven't done and do them, even if they don't pay for crap. I also wanna try Rooftop Rumble and Coveted solo. Melraz does Rooftop Rumble solo and Herby does Coveted solo (with the "light" sniper, to beat all), so it's possible

I was going through the missions the pause menu said I haven't cleared and when I started a new game, the same missions (including Coveted) were marked as not being completed.

Coveted is incredibly easy to solo on hard.  I do it with the light sniper rifle no problem.  Once you know where the Merryweather guys spawn, it's literally shooting fish in a barrel.

Yesterday me rukered and Robert get inna game with JT. somehow a conversation stuck up about negative feed back points from other xbox live players. I hadn't ever heard of these things but I got to checkin and imma 100% nice player it seems along with rukered. Robert and JT both had quite less than 100%. I guess I'll hafta quit bein a nice and polite roll model kind of player and start bein a dickhead. Oh well I guess my Mr.Nice Guy days are over.

• Like 1

Yesterday me rukered and Robert get inna game with JT. somehow a conversation stuck up about negative feed back points from other xbox live players. I hadn't ever heard of these things but I got to checkin and imma 100% nice player it seems along with rukered. Robert and JT both had quite less than 100%. I guess I'll hafta quit bein a nice and polite roll model kind of player and start bein a dickhead. Oh well I guess my Mr.Nice Guy days are over.

I used to feel bad about having negative rep on my profile, but now I feel honored that I have tortured some players to the point where they felt it necessary to put me on their Avoided Players List.

From the looks of my Rep Profile 63% of the players that bothered to rate me put me on Avoid rather than Prefer; apparently I talk a lot of trash, am abusive, and my conduct is very unsporting. 

I have a small percentage that avoid me because I quit early and that probably came from ME3 multiplayer when I bailed because some asshole set the match difficulty from Silver to Platinum seconds before launching the mission.

• Like 1

Yeah - I think 90% of my negative feedback is from "quitting early"

Of course - I think 90% of the negative feedback I submit is for when someone quits early

Heck - I think JT and I added three guys on Saturday or Sunday alone that bailed on some ME3 games

Im amazed i have rage quit during a deathmatch yet.

You've won one or two in convincing fashion lately rather than backing your way into a win, so I have no clue why you'd rage quit.  You're just now hitting your stride when it comes to baring your fangs.

I am going to have to up my game with you guys.

I still amazingly aggravated when i shoot someone 5 or 6times and then shoot me once and i die.

Yes, i know, armor, headshots, weqpon, ...

I accept poor skills in races. It bothers me more in deathmatches.

Captures i dont even care about now.

On the deathmatch front, the game can go right to hell on team balancing. Dan, melraz and RUkered on one team, for every match? Really?

Well, in fairness, if I'm on a team of 3, you can proceed like you're facing a team of 2.

That being said, no way in hell was I about to swap. I pulled the self-proclaimed Jstout tactic of "hang back and let the heavy hitters babysit me to some cash and RP."

• Like 1

On the deathmatch front, the game can go right to hell on team balancing. Dan, melraz and RUkered on one team, for every match? Really?

Well, in fairness, if I'm on a team of 3, you can proceed like you're facing a team of 2.

That being said, no way in hell was I about to swap. I pulled the self-proclaimed Jstout tactic of "hang back and let the heavy hitters babysit me to some cash and RP."

Or as Rippa and I would say, "I am not above being dragged kicking and screaming to victory by the other members of this team."

Well as we have discovered - for whatever reason GTA never mixes up the teams

Basically once a group is paired together - they are stuck together until that session ends.

I still amazingly aggravated when i shoot someone 5 or 6times and then shoot me once and i die.

Yes, i know, armor, headshots, weqpon, ...

True, but you have found your niche with explosives.  I never think to use grenades or sticky bombs because I am trying to use more run and gun tactics, and I have blundered into more than one explosive trap.

I still get my headshots in, though.

Basically once a group is paired together - they are stuck together until that session ends.

Hm.  That sounds like a bug.  You'd think that toggling team balancing on and off would fix that.

Hm.  That sounds like a bug.  You'd think that toggling team balancing on and off would fix that.

Nope - and this is happened as long as I have been playing the online

That is part of the reason Dan and Fresh used to end up together so much

Found another use for the minigun last night - pissing people off.  I was sitting on top of a building about two blocks from the guy we were targeting, when I spotted his shiny Turismo R sitting in the middle of the street.  I never would have made the shot with the RPG, but the minigun worked nicely.  The guy stuck around long enough to get one kill on me, then bailed.

I need to work on my helicopter pilot skills.  melraz, RUkered and I were in a map with four other people, and all 4 were in a Titan.  I was chasing in a Frogger when they all bailed out downtown.  I was really disappointed in myself for not being able to get even one of those 3 with the rotor blades.

I spent last night in a crew-only room I created (I think Robert came in at one point and left when the room was empty because I was doing a mission) and did tons of missions, either solo or with Herby~! the Austrian Sensation.

We always just handled Coveted, but we'd always struggle with Rooftop Rumble. I screwed up the timing on that a lot. I also decided last night that there's nothing I hate more in the game than chasing a vehicle around the map. I did the mission where you have to chase a van loaded with weed around Sandy Shores, and that damn thing ran me ragged. I got a fast car to chase it around, but it was too fast, and I spun out in every corner. So I switched to another car and it was too slow. By the time I ran it off the road, I ran it into a ditch and it caught fire and died, ending the mission.

So I restart the mission, set up all these elaborate roadblocks, then immediately shoot the driver in the head with the first shot and take the van to Trevor with no resistance, mission over.

I gotta see this "dickhead factor" or whatever it's called. I gotta see if my penchant for blowing up other players' cars has earned me any bad-boy points. If frickin' Private Pyle doesn't have any demerits, then I should be golden. J.T. has demerits from Juggalos pissed at him taking their women.

And yeah, I'm not at all above letting everyone else do the work while I make the exact same amount of money as them. This happens lately on any mission involving a jet. 

I stole a taxicab at one point last night. I've never seen them out on the streets without me calling one. It can be sold at Los Santos Customs for $1,600, or rigged with the usual J.T. explosives. You can't put a tracker on one. I also kept using helicopters to go after armored cars. That was fun. Fly in, land near it, steal a car, blow it up, take the money, GET IN THE CHOPPA!, fly to the next one across the map, land near it, etc.

Update: 33 percent like me, 67 percent don't. Hilarious. Everybody hates me, nobody loves me, I'm gonna go eat worms. They're all jelly. I'm gonna send them to Jelly School.

• Like 1

I stole a taxicab at one point last night. I've never seen them out on the streets without me calling one. It can be sold at Los Santos Customs for $1,600, or rigged with the usual J.T. explosives.

It is probably no coincidence that my Unsporting rating has gone up twenty percent since my car bomb reign of terror began. 

Blowing guys up as they "take" the rigged Simeon Premium I/E car from me never gets old.

I'm exactly 50% on rep, so I'm twice as hateful as you, melraz.

I have no idea how you don't have a bunch of negative rep, based on all the messages you get.  I'd have figured your wife would log onto her account and find a shitload of negative rep from your fan club.

• Like 1

I am surprises melraz hasn't had his tires slashed in real life.  I still remember the parking garage duel we had with three or four players where we constantly hid behind Sprunk machines and shotgunned them as they came up the rampways.

• Like 1