DVDVR Message Board

Peace out Jimmy Del Ray

Lacelle

I remember the end of some random Raw where the Bodies and Cornette were out with Vince to push Del Ray's match with Lex Luger the following week(right before Mania 10, I think).  Vince kept reacting with disgust to JDR's gyrating, even as he was signing off...

Vince:  "Lex Luger against...The..Gigolo..."
Cornette:  "YEAH!"

• Like 1

I remember the end of some random Raw where the Bodies and Cornette were out with Vince to push Del Ray's match with Lex Luger the following week(right before Mania 10, I think).  Vince kept reacting with disgust to JDR's gyrating, even as he was signing off...

THANK YOU. I mentioned this same scenario two months ago and got no response. I knew I remembered this. His belly dance closed RAW as it faded to black. It was glorious.

• Like 1

THANK YOU. I mentioned this same scenario two months ago and got no response. I knew I remembered this. His belly dance closed RAW as it faded to black. It was glorious.

3/7/94 Raw.  Luger-Del Ray was on March To Wrestlemania.

had no recollection of the Heavenly Bodies in the WWF in the mid 90s, but that was at the point where my fandom drifted in and out (depending on if we had cable or not), so not a surprise. But when i ran across tapes later, my jaw dropped that they had a wrestler with the nickname "Gigolo". i wondered if there was a double meaning to the word, as i was only aware of the single definition. then i watched a few match, and all my questions were answered. this, of course, scarred me for life, and coerced me into rooting for JDR for years to come.

When he was Jimmy Graffiti, his name was spelled wrong on his own gear, which was so endearing

Twice

In two different ways

while i was watching those earlier this year, i was trying to decide if the name "Graffiti" being misspelled was done on purpose or not. 

by the way, he also wrestled as "Jim Richland" on the 1/4/97 Saturday Night episode. any ideas on why that name was chosen?