DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact: No Surrender Spoilers for 9/25

*Taped for Xplosion: Magnus def. The Freak

*Taped for Xplosion: Abyss def. Samuel Shaw

TNA Impact Wrestling: No Surrender - Airing September 25, 2014 from New York City, NY

*MVP, Lashley, & Kenny King open the show. MVP calls out Chris Melendez and they talk trash, wanting him to be their bag carrier. Melendez turns them down so he gets put in a match against Kenny King.

*Chris Melendez def. Kenny King with a sunset flip. After the match, King attacks Melendez until Mr. Anderson makes the save.

*Havok won a knockouts battle royal, last eliminating Velvet Sky.

*Samoa Joe def. Homicide to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, James Storm, Sanada and Manik attacked Homicide. Manik wore a new mask and outfit.

*Austin Aries def. Abyss, Tajiri, Mr. Anderson, & MVP

*Low Ki def. DJ Z

*Lashley def. Bobby Roode after the spear to retain the TNA World Championship. MVP & Kenny King were both ejected earlier. Roode leapfrogged the first spear attempt and his knee went out leading to Lashley hitting the spear for the win.

Title match was real good. Other thing of note was Rebel taking an ugly bump off the top rope onto the steps outside the ring in the battle royal. I honestly thought she was dead. She was down for a while and actually got cheered as she was being helped out.

Title match was real good. Other thing of note was Rebel taking an ugly bump off the top rope onto the steps outside the ring in the battle royal. I honestly thought she was dead. She was down for a while and actually got cheered as she was being helped out.

I was sitting the balcony right above the steps. That was a horrible thud sound when she hit it.

Lashley vs. Roode was a really good match. I guess THE DESTROYER will be walking into the Bellator show with the TNA world title. There's one part of the match where Roode has Lashely on his shoulders and Lashley hangs onto the ropes so Bobby straight fireman carry slams him over the top rope to the floor. Lashley made a hell of a thud on the floor and left quite the sweat mark on the mats.

The best part not wrestling was these guys on the floor. One was dressed up like Ric Flair (but more like Will Ferral on Eastbound & Down) and he kept challenging this guy who was dressed up like Hogan who was in the seats next to me to come on down and face the champ (he had a belt too). With him was a guy dressed up Savage, bootleg Ultimate Warrior, and my personal favorite was the guy dressed as Johnny Polo (complete with a plastic putter). We all got bored during the Abyss/Shaw match so Flair guy got the crowd to start WOOOing.

Also I can check something off my bucket list. I got a YOU FUCKED UP chant directed at me. Towards the end, Borash was doing the free shirt thing and he tossed it up towards me. I had my hand on it but I didn't grab it quick enough and it fell to the floor below. It was awesome.

• Like 1

I was sitting the balcony right above the steps. That was a horrible thud sound when she hit it.

Lashley vs. Roode was a really good match. I guess THE DESTROYER will be walking into the Bellator show with the TNA world title. There's one part of the match where Roode has Lashely on his shoulders and Lashley hangs onto the ropes so Bobby straight fireman carry slams him over the top rope to the floor. Lashley made a hell of a thud on the floor and left quite the sweat mark on the mats.

The best part not wrestling was these guys on the floor. One was dressed up like Ric Flair (but more like Will Ferral on Eastbound & Down) and he kept challenging this guy who was dressed up like Hogan who was in the seats next to me to come on down and face the champ (he had a belt too). With him was a guy dressed up Savage, bootleg Ultimate Warrior, and my personal favorite was the guy dressed as Johnny Polo (complete with a plastic putter). We all got bored during the Abyss/Shaw match so Flair guy got the crowd to start WOOOing.

Also I can check something off my bucket list. I got a YOU FUCKED UP chant directed at me. Towards the end, Borash was doing the free shirt thing and he tossed it up towards me. I had my hand on it but I didn't grab it quick enough and it fell to the floor below. It was awesome.

Some people would have given you a YOU FUCKED UP chant for going to a TNA show in the first place.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

JB's explanation of this whole NYC Gold Rush thing made very little sense. Loved the MVP-Low Ki match. That was easily MVP's best match in TNA so far, and I dug MVP showing some FIGHTING SPIRIT. The more they explain this thing, the less it makes sense. Great bit with Robbie E not noticing the cameras as he talks about his plan to get two knockouts, and then running. Tajiri looked good in there with Robbie. Knux-Aries was fantastic, and Knux's best match since his SD push like six years ago. He was flying around there for a bit, which is impressive given his size and age. Anderson-Magnus was a match. Good recaps for the tag title ladder match and Team 3D's HOF induction made the tag titles feel important, while the KOs got some time to shine with a calendar vid and a Havok-Kim hype video. Shaw-Abyss was nothing, and the Gold Rush wasn't much. The MVP vs. Low-Ki and Knux vs. Aries matches were worth watching though.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/tna-impact-9-24-14.html

Screens -

e2cb22353524234.jpg

4f77ec353524390.jpg

64d999353524514.jpg

3378ca353528849.jpg

fd0bc2353528854.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/m3s8pds737ahcpmk53njs7nx43rdwkji