DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: NIGEL MCGUINNESS

RIPPA

There was a while there when Nigel could do no wrong in ROH.  I am still bummed that he had to retire due to injury.

For those of you guys who are still clueless as to what in the hell Nigel's badass ROH entrance theme was and have never seen the movie, Snatch, here is an added bonus:

Nigel's RoH career mirrors my thoughts of the company.

04: Unique feel and style to anything I had seen at the time.

05: evolved and grew, becoming one of my favorites.

06: switches style almost completely to a much more hard hitting style, which I enjoy significantly less.

07: Just something I don't enjoy nearly as much as I did in years prior.

• Like 1

Did anyone ever think to just follow a step or two behind him when he was going for that dumb as hell pendulum lariat and just push him through the ropes by his feet before he swung back upright?

God I fucking hate that move.

Did anyone ever think to just follow a step or two behind him when he was going for that dumb as hell pendulum lariat and just push him through the ropes by his feet before he swung back upright?

God I fucking hate that move.

Worst thing I ever see Danielson do in a match is push Rave out of the way of The Jawbreaker, only to then stand there and eat the Larist himself. YOU CLEARLY SAW IT COMING, WHY TAKE THE LARIAT

One thing about Nigel is that he has a real passion for editing video. Back when he was making his sad sack documentary he would constantly tweet about editing. "Took a break from editing to..." "Long day editing..." Editing editing editing. For the record I have zero clue why I follow Nigel on twitter.

Match wise he did a lot of great stuff. I thought he was particularly good in NOAH. He worked well with all those guys. He should have never went to TNA. He should have worked Japan and hoped the WWE became an option down the road.

You gotta feel bad for this guy though. He reminds me of the comic who never made it that secretly hates Jerry Seinfeld and his success.

I like to think he'd have amounted to something great in WWE, but part of me thinks he'd be stuck in a team with Barrett. His Pure Title run was legit one of the greatest title runs in the history of the sport