DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

1) One of our guys got stuck for an eternity on the platforming sections. Every section. For so long on the pistons, the exotic chest was gone by the time he got to it.

2) And then the game kept selecting him to be the runner during the sisters! That did not go well.

This guy describes me sadly. Granted, I have not taken enough roles to feel comfortable with what I was supposed to be doing.

This weekend, I intend to finish the House of Wolves line and maybe blow through all of the TTK story. I should finally hit Level 40 with my Warlock at some point, and I am over halfway through leveling my Sunsinger tree, and then I'll work on Stormcaller some.

As I said earlier, I also plan on at least building my Titan and Hunter characters. I think I will probably use my level 25 upgrade on my Hunter and then just grind through everything with my Titan once again.

I doubt either get shown a lot of love until I can have my Warlock be more well-rounded.

Because I am lacking a lot of gear and never got many exotics from Year 1, I did buy the gauntlets from Xur. As soon as I hit 40, my light level should be a little above 200. I am guessing legendary gear and weapons will come a little more easily.

Also, I was gifted my first year 2 legendary yesterday. I don't know what it is about this game that thinks the first purple I want to see is a machine gun. I almost never use my heavy unless I am playing a raid or a strike.

Good News: I am on the exotic sword quest step that requires me to get Relic Iron and Void Ability Kills

Bad News: I am on the exotic sword quest step that requires me to get Relic Iron and Void Ability Kills

God fucking void kills as a Titan fucking sucks. After a hour - I had 2 of the Relic Crystals and 11% of my kills and I needed to take a break.

II can only imagine how this would be going if I didn't have a ghost that detected relic iron. At least I am slaughtering lots of Taken Champions so at some point one of them will drop an exotic thanks to my ToC.

Also interesting that the sword dude you have to kill in the step prior to this does not use up your ToC buff.

Good News: I am on the exotic sword quest step that requires me to get Relic Iron and Void Ability Kills

Bad News: I am on the exotic sword quest step that requires me to get Relic Iron and Void Ability Kills

God fucking void kills as a Titan fucking sucks. After a hour - I had 2 of the Relic Crystals and 11% of my kills and I needed to take a break.

II can only imagine how this would be going if I didn't have a ghost that detected relic iron. At least I am slaughtering lots of Taken Champions so at some point one of them will drop an exotic thanks to my ToC.

Also interesting that the sword dude you have to kill in the step prior to this does not use up your ToC buff.

I struggled with Relic Iron at first until i accidentally noticed they work like the old treasure key chests. In that you can farm them if you are quick enough. Head to The Hollows, most of the Relic Iron forms near the edge of the map, grab it, sparrow to the next area until you see the new location name pop up, do a 180 and head back to The Hollows. You can grab each piece 3-5 times and sometimes 2 will spawn right next to each other, took me about 30 mins once i realized this. There doesn't seem to be a set amount for each Crystal, some where taking as many as 15 Relic Irons, others 5 or 6. Its just a grind for the sake of grinding i guess.

As for void kills on your Titan...yeah...good luck? Something that gives you more grenades and fast recharge for both that and punching then head to 'We've woken the Hive!' or Siege of the Warmind where the Thralls constantly spawn.

I guess yesterday was the day for beating that bastard. After a handful of unsuccessful attempts at PUGing the Oryx checkpoint, I finally cleared it on a fresh run with my usual crew.

It took about 3 and a half hours, but it would've been way shorter if not for the fact that

1) One of our guys got stuck for an eternity on the platforming sections. Every section. For so long on the pistons, the exotic chest was gone by the time he got to it.

2) And then the game kept selecting him to be the runner during the sisters! That did not go well.

I was the gaze holder on Golgoroth for the first time, and that was an interesting experience. That can get kinda intense. I forgot to call out the time once, but it didn't cause a big problem.

As frustrating as the Oryx fight can be at first, just because there's so much going on, it's extremely gratifying to see everyone "getting it."

I think the key was to have 4 guys with a designated quadrant, so they know what their pillar/ogre/bomb responsibility is. And if somebody goes down, it's easier to keep straight "Pick up so and so's area" than shouting "Back left" and have somebody go "WHICH IS LEFT?"

After a couple of runs doing that, your role almost becomes muscle memory, and it's much easier to focus on maxing your DPS.

Very fun raid overall. Bungie outdid themselves.

I took the 'add clean up/revive/replace when there's a fuck up' duty for the Oryx fight so i'd like to try one of the podium spots next time just to get used to the mechanics. But it seems to be pretty much the Deathsinger fight all over again for the relic, you can just choose who goes this time rather than it being random with the Deathsingers.

I didn't get runner duty at all on the Deathsingers, which i'm kind of glad for. I'm fine doing it and i did it on our attempt a few weeks ago but the Warlocks jump is too slow for it. You get so much more time to damage them when a Hunter goes around.

You get any decent loot from it?

Yeah. I actually got a lot compared to my first attempt last week, when I got nothing but 304 boots and shards.

I got the ghost shell, a 310 warlock bond, a 307 hand cannon, two shotguns (one was 309), and the fusion rifle (blah).

I would give the fusion rifle to my hunter to boost her light level, but then I'd never use my special weapon. That one's heading for Infusiontown real quick.

Light level is up to 220. I'd had a bad week of drops, but I did the first TTK mission and now it seems much better. I think I replaced almost all of my gear in the last 2 hours or so. Got my first exotic. Gauntlets called Impossible Machines from an engram Xur sold me.

Ran through the Stormcaller mission as well, so I'm also in the process of leveling that up. Might stick with it, since it rips through anything that gets too close.

Still enjoying playing aimlessly, but I see all y'all putting together game plans, so I might soon need to figure out the end game meta and focus on...something.

Got Hereafter out of the first Exotic Engram I've gotten from using ToC (and just like everyone else said - it dropped on my 7th coin)

And I got Fabian Strategy from Banshee. Thank you to whoever it was who told me to save Auto Rifles so that quest took less than 10 minutes.

Also - confirmed it this AM

You need to place your order with the Gunsmith by the end of Saturday (I am guessing he stops accepting orders when Xur leaves)

I placed an order last night and I was going to go back this morning and grab a 2nd one since I clearly out special weapon space and the option was gone

So, having finally finished up Gunslinger, I've found that I cannot have three throwing knives, it maxes out at two. Which is fine, I'll just use Chain of Woe.

Gonna move on to Nightstalker now. Make a quick drive through of Bladedancer to pick up a bounty, though.

I am laughing because for someone reason I watched a Crucible video where the guy got 57 kills (He claims on his tags that he is (was) the 2nd ranked PS4 player in the world). And another dude on his team got 31.

Of course - neither guy tried to capture zones and the rest of their team sucked so they only won by about 1500 points.

It was on the Japanese server too so I get this feeling it is a mix of pro players and not pro players

I created a Hunter last night, and used the Spark of Light to get to Level 25.

Apparently that upgrade does not translate into XP to build towards either subclass.

Yeah - it basically just levels you up so you can equip better gear quicker but you still will have to grind the subclass

Haven't had much time the past couple of days, and our Canadian team mates were preparing for Thanksgiving, so we hit up a quick section of the raid up until the Warpriest on our alts. Got nothing but shards. However all the blues that dropped got my Titan to 299 so a solid raid drop at some point should get him to 300 too. Also decoded an exotic engram into a 310 supercell so that will get some use next arc burn nightfall.

I'm waiting on the changes to the Iron Banner. It would be nice if the gear dropped at 300, even if they save the 300-310 for Trials, just to fill in some gaps. But I won't be complaining if it goes to 310.

Got all 3 chars through the raid finally...

Went and kicked the shit out of skolas, crota, and atheon earlier tonight then did the same to oryx a couple times.

Been getting some decent 310 exotics lately, i was realky stoked over my suros ...i heard something about a nerf to all these 310's, but i hope thats just bullshit...come to think of it, i havent seen an exotic heavy weapon engram drop, as my truth dropped from a legendary.

Im all over the placex i need sleep

The 310 nerf is just to the Black Spindle as far as I know. It should have been dropping at 290 rather than 310. Unless they've changed there minds, exotics engrams having a chance to decode into 310 once you hit 300 is intended.

I must have had 40+ exotic engrams drop now. No heavy or boots. I don't know anyone who's had any drop either. If they were out there, someone would have had one by now. It will make hitting 310 harder though since you've either got to get a raid drop for them at the max 310 or win the lottery and have a purple heavy/boot engram decode into a 310 exotic..

It's fun going back and beating down Skolas and Crota again. Crota is easily one swordable now and we two manned Skolas as 190s the week TTK hit. I saw something interesting the other day. Apparently you can 'block' the Oversoul and Skolas taint with the sword making those two even easier.

Unlocked the Future War Cult Champions of the Cult quest last night.

Little disappointed that I have to use Legendary Marks to but a FWC Titan Mark as I can't afford the light hit to wear my Y1 mark.

So many things to kill.

I have 8 of the 10 relic crystals but only at 40% of the void ability kills. Stupid Defender.

48% on my Last Word progress. Why am I obsessed with all these grindy quests

Looks like the Iron Banner is starting at the usual late time. There is also some rather convenient maintenance and a patch for 2 hours before it that will put an end to rank glitching this time around. I'm guessing the patch is for the new emotes that drop today.

Well the servers are going to be down for two hours anyway so they can put the new Patch in

SCHEDULED DESTINY MAINTENANCE FOR 10/13/2015 

•Beginning at 9:00 AM PDT (4:00 PM UTC) Destiny servers will be taken offline for maintenance. This work is expected to conclude at 11:00 AM PDT (6:00 PM UTC).
•Players signed in shortly before maintenance will receive prior notice via in-game messaging.
•Once maintenance is concluded, all services and Destiny login functionality will be restored.