DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Any idea on how the increased rep for your lower ranked characters work? Haven't had a chance to really look at the Iron Banner yet. I might try to knock out a couple of bounties tonight to put a dent in the reputation. Just wondering if i can get a couple of characters to rank 3 without too much work this time.

Man, that nightfall is stupid easy and fast.  Ended up finishing all three in less than half an hour.  Normal goblins and hobgoblins are one shot kills with 365 VoC and the yellow Hydras took about 7 shots to take down with VoC.  And as usual, the Archon Priest lasted all of about 10 seconds.  It was really more like being on patrol and the enemies actually die quicker than they do on patrol.  But a lot of them do solar and arc damage too so you still have to be careful. 

I don't know how you guys rank up so quick in IB.  I have the emblem, shader, and cloak for my Hunter and played 5 matches and went 3-2 and am about halfway through rank one.  Only completed one bounty though so maybe that's why. 

I don't know how you guys rank up so quick in IB.  I have the emblem, shader, and cloak for my Hunter and played 5 matches and went 3-2 and am about halfway through rank one.  Only completed one bounty though so maybe that's why. 

I buy the buff.  Sometimes losing a match or two is beneficial because your standings jump up when your Iron Medals are turned in.

Commuting is destroying my playtime. On the parent's crappy network until Friday. Gonna slam Vanguard strike playlist runs to earn marks to buy the engine oil spattered Vanguard armor.  Once I am all goodie, Rippa, Mis, and I will hunt heads in the Trials.

I have two treasure keys so hitting the PoE might not be a bad thing.

Yeah I bought the buff too.  I'm guessing it's because I only completed a bounty.  I think I have like three that are on the edge of being completed so it should put me up pretty far once I get those done. 

Yeah I bought the buff too.  I'm guessing it's because I only completed a bounty.  I think I have like three that are on the edge of being completed so it should put me up pretty far once I get those done. 

The bounties help out a lot.  Some of them are problematic if you're not a good PvPer (Getting a Relentless medal in IB is no small feat.  I've only done it five times and had to use Gally to get it.) but some are dirt simple.  You'd have to go blind not to get 15 caps and win or lose, you are going to amass 10K exp in two or three matches.

I have the three I do every day - experience, melee and zone captures.

I take the heavy weapon one but that takes time. I would say that will be a once or twice this week one. (I only have 4 HW kills so far. I went like three games without getting ammo).

Only once did I play a match where we were slaughtered and I was dropped in and the team I was put on was already down 7000 points but since I just needed like 500 experience so I stuck with it. That was my only loss of the night.

Oh the new "quest" is wacky.

I mean suddenly there is a turret in the room that Phogoth spawns in????

Also - I think Bungie really should have realized that everyone is going to just jump the wall to get to the target instead of fighting their way around.

After my ill fated run in with him this past weekend - that might get deleted

I thought about deleting my other toons but I still have lots of PvP murdering to do to upgrade my Warlock and Titan grimoire cards.  They will survive for now.

Even though I am on the parent's crappy wifi, I may try to brave the PVP waters to get my last few remaining Crucible bounties out of my queue.  There is no way I am going to attempt Trials without a reliable connection.

Bungie finally patched the double dipping ether chests today. Ah well.

On the plus side, they upped the treasure key drop rate and added some new guaranteed key drops from certain activities.

Ammo synthesis is now stackable up to 100.

Here are the full patch notes:

Key Highlights
  • The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key
  • Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests at the end of the Prison of Elders
  • Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests
Prison of Elders
  • Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests
  • Class Items will now drop from Level 32, Level 34, and Level 35 
  • Fixed a bug in which the Ship (Hildian Seeker) did not drop under certain circumstances
  • Fixed a bug in which the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty could not be acquired if your Bounty inventory was full
  • You will need to defeat Skolas again to receive the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty
  • Damage caused by Qodron’s Gaze is reduced by 25%
  • Damage multiplier for the Jailbreaker buff increased by 100%
Trials of Osiris
  • Fixed an issue in which Trials of Osiris emblems were not sent to the Postmaster if your Emblem inventory was full
  • Passage Coins can now be dismantled
Weekly Heroics
  • Fixed an issue where the Weekly Heroic strikes did not award engrams (Note: Tooltip will not display them as rewards)
World
  • Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests
  • Ether Chests may only be looted once per spawn
  • Ether Chests will no longer grant ammo consumables when opened
  • Ether Chests will now grant a small amount of Queen's Wrath reputation when opened
  • Ether Chests now have a chance to drop Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment
Quests
  • Petra will no longer display a quest waypoint for players who have not purchased House of Wolves
  • Fixed a bug in which players abandoning the ‘Gone to Ground’ quest were still being directed to the Venus Patrol
Bounties
  • The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key
Weapons
  • Fixed a bug in which the 1.2.0.1 hotfix mistakenly did not contain the 1.1.1 Fusion Rifle balance changes.  As a result, players were playing with its pre-1.1.1 weapon balance state.  The original fix has been re-applied.
Items
  • Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment can now be dismantled to gain +10 House of Judgement reputation each 
  • Ammo consumables can now stack to 100

Running VoG taught me that I need to better stock myself on consumables. I just never try to spend glimmer despite having well over 20k.

I also have avoided IB because I was never leveled well enough in Crucible or am particularly great at Crucible, but I might see if I can at least rank up to 2 or 3 over the weekend.

I think I am going to put a feeler out to run CE tomorrow night.

Very sneaky. 

People have been complaining about lag, lack of regional matchmaking, and late joins in PvP since the game was released so does Bungie fix either issue?

No.

What did they do?

Eliminate the Combat Rating stat from your Crucible profile since it is the only stat that suffers the most from false positives.

(ie. Destiny cannot tell the difference between dcons and deliberate quits so if you dcon, your CR is still penalized as if you had quit the match.  If you late join, your CR would take a hit because you would enter the match at a point where you couldn't make a significant contribution to the team)..

The "best" indicators of how well you do in PvP will be your Win / Loss record, your K/D ratio, and your medal count.  Those stats really don't show you who the match quitters are, though.  If I kill five players without dying and quit out of a match, I would still have a rather impressive looking 5.0 K/D.

Running VoG taught me that I need to better stock myself on consumables. I just never try to spend glimmer despite having well over 20k.

I also have avoided IB because I was never leveled well enough in Crucible or am particularly great at Crucible, but I might see if I can at least rank up to 2 or 3 over the weekend.

I think I am going to put a feeler out to run CE tomorrow night.

I'm not a regular Crucible player, but Iron Banner is worth it. Getting to rank 3 will take you 2-3 days. Once you're rank 3, you can buy that Etheric Light. It's a guarantee as long as you're willing to put in the time. 

The caveat about IB is that safeties are off.  Your gear matters and it is win or go home.  You will run an improved risk of running afoul of four, five, and six man fireteams who will know what the hell they are doing and they will ravage uncoordinated fireteams. 

Your random teammates will naturally bail on you at the first sign of trouble.

If you are competing in the IB, go in with fully upgraded gear and take along as many battle buddies as you can with you.

It was a good thing I didn't head off into the IB with you guys last night.  I couldn't hold a connection for more than ten or fifteen minutes.  Something about the parent's router settings hates online gaming.  They probably have it set to strict NAT or bought the cheap plan that restricts your upload / download speed during peak time.

After a while,I finally tapped out and started playing Dragon Age.  I managed to stay online for about an hour this morning to do some Vanguarding but then I got some nasty dcon messages like hawk and emu that booted me back to game screen.

I hate my parent's wi-fi.

I turned in all of my remaining Ascendant Energies this morning and got over 13K glimmer and ten Motes of Light.

I realized I need one more energy to fully upgrade Timur's Lash and then I'm done. (I have so much old shit in the vault this shouldn't be a problem.)

I realized I need one more energy to fully upgrade Timur's Lash and then I'm done. (I have so much old shit in the vault this shouldn't be a problem.)

The only old school Legendary weapon I have on my main is the Harm's Way MG..  I am debating whether or not I am going to keep Oversoul Edict. 

I am rarely on at the same time when Mis and his unit raid and commuting back and forth every few days makes it worse, so there is no telling when I will get enough Radiant Mats to upgrade my pulse rifle and it still won't be 365 ATK until I hunt down some Etheric Light.

I haven't shredded it yet because it is my only Legendary primary weapon and the Arc damage makes short work of House of Wolves critters out in the wild.

I need to get more weapon parts so that I can reforge my new sniper rifle.  I want it to do Arc damage and at least have the Hidden Hand perk.

Some of the new perks are just stupid.

I just realized that the Fusion Rifle I got out of IB on Tuesday has a perk of "allows you to slide further"

Umm... thanks????

Some of the new perks are just stupid.

I just realized that the Fusion Rifle I got out of IB on Tuesday has a perk of "allows you to slide further"

Umm... thanks????

The Kneepads perk on a FR isn't so bad if you have a rapid charge FR.  

In the past, I've used Murmur in Arc Damage mode fairly effectively while sliding but it takes really good timing.  It has the Kneepads perk and I can slide farther than normal as Murmur charges up while playing as a Bladedancer thanks to the Fleet Footed class skill. 

Lots of people complain about that tactic at the Bungie forums.  A Bladedancer with Fleet Footed carrying a weapon with the Kneepads perk can cover an absurd amount of distance in one slide.

Shotguns are the best weapons to use if you are good at PVP sliding.

I will say this

I will not buy any further Destiny expansions.

Well at least not on my 360...

Of course what will end up happening is I will end up spending basically $150 on both games for a XBone and I will hate myself

I want to play Comet on an XBone but the mortgage says get it for 360.  I will try to prove the mortgage wrong and find some loot in the budget for an XBone.