DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I am not complaining since it means I can get my Hunter to 34 since I need one more Etheric Light

Also happy I can get a Felwinter's Lie before Year 2 starts to completely ruin it

I also guess this means Patch 2.0 is next week - since I don't know if they are bold enough to run that while IB is going on

I am not complaining since it means I can get my Hunter to 34 since I need one more Etheric Light

Hell, you could get one of those in a fraction of the time running 34 PoE with me and then hit the IB over the weekend to grind to Rank 5 and get two more. 

At least I will be online a little bit on the good internet at my crib this weekend to help you out in the tournament.  I could stand to improve my bleh Iron Banner K/D%.

I dont mind doing PoE - I mind when I have like 15 minutes left to play and we are suddenly in a 2 hour dogfight

This is a really shitty week time wise for IB so I might end up just doing what I did the last time and get my Titan and Warlock to Rank 3 each (though actually I will need hit 4 with one of them for Felwinter's)

Normally I am off on the Monday of IB week - this time the Monday is the first day of school.

Next week would have been amazing since it would have been Labor Day weekend.

I dont mind doing PoE - I mind when I have like 15 minutes left to play and we are suddenly in a 2 hour dogfight

What shall be known forever in the annals of DVD inside jokes as the Misanthrope309 Clock of Doom.

I know to brew a pot of coffee when Mis says that the coordinated VoG run of Coalition members that starts at 11PM EST will only last an hour or so goes on all night while the snap VoG run made up of regulars and randoms takes like 30 minutes.

You know the Nightfalls were worth your time when the best thing you got out of them was your 9th No Land Beyond!

Cracked rank 2 in the Iron Banner. OK so i had an advantage, i had 5 bounties and 5 medallions left over from the last Iron Banner that put me around 200 points shy of rank 2 with one win. Looking at the numbers i can just complete the 10000 points and 15 captures each day and i'll hit rank 3 without even needing a win. That's all i really need for the boots but i'm tempted, against my better judgment, to grind to rank 5 for the auto rifle, just because i don't have one. An auto rifle i don't need, that is useless at the moment, and even more worthless in 2 weeks. But i don't have one.... I think i have a problem.

Destiny must be the official video game of the state of West Virginia.   The randoms that send me a request to help with the Nightfall were a couple of kids from Charleston and IIRC 99% of the members Xbox 360 Coalition is from there.  One kid was a 33 and not very good but the other kid and I and dragged him to victory.... 

Then they wanted to do PoE with me....  Damn....

RIP Valus Trau'ug. 

My patience ran thin with the 33 because he tried to solve every problem with Gally rockets that he did not have and he died a lot waiting out synth timers and there isn't really anywhere to camp in the Cabal arena.  I try to constantly stay on the move.

Spent more time reviving him to keep the wave going than I did shooting at enemies.  Got Mr. Rainbow Shield down to a sliver of health, said Fuck it, pinned my ears back, charged, and shotgunned the bastard to death.

Dry Rot 32, bitches!

Went with the Bungie database odds that the 34 or 35 PoE would have a better chance of giving me the repaired Cipher on my first try.  I knew that it takes a full day in real time before Variks repairs the cipher and I'd get more points towards LoW for 34 PoE and 35 PoE, but it was that or risk running out of keys trying to find the cipher.

Played my hand and got the Cipher from the chest.  YAY~!   Variks should be done with the cipher by this afternoon, so I will play some Clash to clear a few PvP bounties out of my queue and then maybe jump into the Iron Banner for a bit.

Then I will jump back into PoE to work on the Cipher bounty.  I still have the 32 to do for the week, so if anyone wants to roll let me know. I am also up for going up against Skolas again since beating him will go towards points for my HoW bounty.

Finally made HoJ Rank 2 and got a blockade runner jumpship.  Put my Hildan Seeker in the vault for the future Awoken warlock I will build after TTK launches.

I am almost at IB Rank 2

I would be there already if I had won more than one match

Two matches I had 26 kills and lost them both.

The match I played like ass, we won

Only ran into one lag/cheater/bastard so that was nice

I am almost at IB Rank 2

I would be there already if I had won more than one match

Two matches I had 26 kills and lost them both.

The match I played like ass, we won

Only ran into one lag/cheater/bastard so that was nice

I need to run 5 Clash matches to clear out bounty space.  If you are online tonight, count me in..

Clash does me no good with IB so you will be on your own there (at least until I clear my IB bounties)

Also I am not going to be home till after 7 - so definitely don't wait for me

Well that is what I was saying.  I will clear out the Clash match bounty from my queue and get as many of the others done as I can so that I can get IB bounties and roll with you.  

I should be home around 4PM so I should be all done with Clash by the time you get home.

I'm getting really fucking tired of this game giving me fucking Legendary Engrams for completing the Nightfall

Yeah I got the afore mentioned No Land Beyond, a legendary engram, and some crappy legendary fusion rifle for my troubles. At least there's a 1/100 chance the engram could turn exotic....

RIP Valus Trau'ug.

My patience ran thin with the 33 because he tried to solve every problem with Gally rockets that he did not have and he died a lot waiting out synth timers and there isn't really anywhere to camp in the Cabal arena. I try to constantly stay on the move.

There's a spot I like to use if you circle round the left as you come out the door. It's opposite the bridge. There is somewhat of a wall to protect you from direct attacks which forces them to either come from the right or left so you only have 2 places to defend. Plus ol' turkey shield can't come round there. He does shoot over the top so you have to watch for splash damage but it's a safe a place as any in there.

There's a spot I like to use if you circle round the left as you come out the door. It's opposite the bridge. There is somewhat of a wall to protect you from direct attacks which forces them to either come from the right or left so you only have 2 places to defend. Plus ol' turkey shield can't come round there. He does shoot over the top so you have to watch for splash damage but it's a safe a place as any in there.

That spot is a safe haven when the adds thin out because Valus doesn't like to follow you around the barricade like Phalanx units do.

Back before all of us in the group that I usually run Prison with had Gallies, we would hole up in that spot, and I'd let them tee off on Valus while I guarded the sides with a Universal Remote/solar shotgun load out. SHOTTIES FOR ALL WHO DARE ENTER.

• Like 1

Connection issues were worse than usual last night.  

Cleared out my PvP bounties and then the router went to crap. Was barely able to chat up Finn Balor with Rippa while on patrol, so IB was out. Probably serendipity at work since I played like booty during the Clash matches and somewhat redeemed myself in normal Control.

Logged back on around Midnight and one of my LFG homies was on so we two-manned the 32 PoE and I got the shitty Rocket Launcher for my Armor and Weapon Cores. Variks is getting to be as much of a RNG douchebag as the Cryptarch.  I have even more hate for him because he's still not done with my Lord of Wolves cipher yet.  

I think my LFG homies are going to hit Skolas tonight because Variks is done with his Queenbreaker's Bow cipher. 

Things can't go any smoother than they did last time around, but if we do well at least I will know that the 88 minute PoE finish wasn't a fluke.

I hit up the HoW Control playlist and got my Grimoire card for Thieves' Den, so I have the whole set of 360 PvP map cards.  I need to suffer through an Elimination match to get that card for my deck since apparently they don't give it to you just for competing in Trials... which is dumb since Trials is just a no-safety Elimination match...

Xb1 ib is so much more kind to me than 360...ive been playing for about 3 hours, gotten all of my bounties done and have not went negative in k/d. Last two matches i had 30 and 28 kills respectively, and lead the lobby in scoring while running around with the timepiece and found verdict on my hunter.

The match i had 30 kills (with a 3.75 kd), i would have broken the clan record had i not gotten screwed out of two kills because some asshole teammate decided to put one round into someone after i shot them within a cunt hair of dying...and i camped a little to get the last machine lord instead of pressing to set a new record. It is what it is.

I wasnt even planning on playing ib this time around, just so i dont have to be stressed with the shit that goes on in pvp, but i think its just the 360...ive always done a bit better on the 1 in pvp sonce i got it...and over the last few months ive let my kd slip from like 1.55 to 1.3? because ive been fucking around on the 360 with mother fuckers running through walls and glitching all over my damn screen taking no damage.

Didn't have time to get on yesterday so i'm a day behind with my Bannering. Knocked out a bunch of bounties tonight and i'm sitting on about 2/3 of the way through rank 2. Should be able to hit 3 tomorrow for the shoes i need to finish my warlocks armor. Then make the decision whether i'm dumb enough to push to rank 5 for an outdated auto rifle.

Why do i do this every other month!? I don't even like the Crucible!

Interesting info from the weekly update:

Beginning with TTK, a team wipe on the Nighfall will no longer boot you to orbit. However, the XP boost will be going away (allegedly made up for by XP bumps to other activities).

The Weekly Heroic Strike will also be replaced by the Weekly Heroic Playlist, a set of three strikes. The rewards are per account, not per character, so you don't have to play it with every character to get max loot for that week.

The Daily will also be one per account now.