DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I am getting really tired of JT getting exotics and not realizing he got an exotic :-P

If I knew I'd get a Vex Mythoclast for completing the jumping puzzle on my own, I'd have tried more often.

The exotic was a blessing to cheer me up after repeated crap PvP play.  The funny thing is that even though I am thrilled to get the VM, I would've been more happy if the Templar had dropped Found Verdict for me.  I am ungrateful.

I am still missing the Elder Cipher weapon cards and the Four Horsemen card for my Special Weapons Grimoire deck but we don't do enough PoE to unlock those cards and 4H is still PS exclusive.

Weekly is Summoning Pits and the Nightfall is (once again) The Shadow Thief but Taniks has the misfortune to have Solar Burn working against him just in time for him to get GHorned by every player imaginable.

32 PoE is Kaliks and 34 Poe is Gulrot.   I have smashed both of those guys before.  Skolas has Small Arms and Juggler this week. Variks has chest armor this week and the weapon is the hand cannon, Six Dreg Pride. 

I already have HoW chest armor but it is Cabal based and this one is Fallen Bane so I am up for taking Kaliks out again to get Fallen bane armor in prep doing Skolas.

I am going to make a Glimmer run while finishing off my Vanguarding this afternoon.  Banshee has been less than helpful retooling my Shotgun to the specs I want for 35 PoE.

Thanks for the tips, Basara.  Going in with a gameplan always takes the edge off.  I have noticed that a couple of the PoE strategies are counter intuitive in that add killing takes priority over boss killing.  It took a couple of wipes to figure out that the fight is easier if Kalik's helpers die before he does.

A lot of the bosses are just bullet sponges in the PoE. Kaliks takes a beating but he's also harmless. As long as those Either Dregs stay dead you can take your time. Same with the Cabal Turkey, the adds spawn when his shield drops so you just kill all the adds first and if you've got enough firepower you can finish him before the next wave is out. It's only really Qodron that you have to play properly (unless you Gally burn him)

I still have 3 more 30+ PoE bosses to kill for cards:  Skolas, the Hive Fire Prince, and Cabal Turkey.  I was kinda hoping that the Hive guy and the Cabal guy would've cycled into this week's queue.

I have cleared all of the 28 PoE bosses. (Pilot Servitor, Wretched Knight, Overmind Minotaur, Val Aru'un.)

I keep forgetting that you started doing PoE way after everyone else.

I did a lot of the 28 but just now started doing 32 and 34. Gaming less on the weekend and sketchy connection during the week at my 'rents kept me from doing more 30+ PoE. 

I need to pound out more 28 PoE so I can get enough VoJ rep to get a blockade runner.

I tinkered with the folks's router settings so I can hold a connection longer when someone else is hosting the Live Party.  I've noticed that the connection craps out if I am lollygagging on Patrol but I stay on for a while if we're doing something specific like a raid or a strike.

I now have a full set of Vault of Glass raid gear which have been great.... like 6 months ago

I still need those damn Hunter boots. How can I be 'forever 29' when I'm already level 34!

I still have 3 more 30+ PoE bosses to kill for cards: Skolas, the Hive Fire Prince, and Cabal Turkey. I was kinda hoping that the Hive guy and the Cabal guy would've cycled into this week's queue.

I have cleared all of the 28 PoE bosses. (Pilot Servitor, Wretched Knight, Overmind Minotaur, Val Aru'un.)

You shouldn't have too long to wait. If I remember the rotation correctly Cabal should be the 34 next week and the Flame Knight the 34 the week after.

What perks do you Skolas dudes recommend for your Arc shottys other than Full Auto.   I don't want to spend all of my Glimmer looking for the totally optimal shotgun so I may settle on Shot Package / Luck In The Chamber if my Arc Damage Dry Rot rolls up HC Rounds or Rifled Barrel. 

Those were the perks my Void Dry Rot had and it was a total face melter in 32 and 34 PoE even with other burns on since Dry Rot has a higher RoF than other shottys albeit with a shorter range.

One of the reasons I didn't want to do Skolas with Angry as the stip is the stagger from HC Rounds helps me out a lot.  Naturally this week is Small Arms which blunts Special and Heavy damage.

I wouldn't spend too much time and glimmer trying to roll that 'perfect' shotgun. As long as its arc damage and has a decent rate of fire (full auto if possible) you're good to go. Anything with a fast reload, decent sized magazine and longer range is an added bonus. If i had a choice i'd go for a faster reload. Ammo will be fairly plentiful and you're going to be using this thing at near point blank range anyway. A fast reload can be the difference between life and death though if a couple of captains decide to invade your personal space. This isn't for hunting in the Crucible, this is your 'oh shit the captains right there how the fuck did he get right there?' panic weapon. You're going to whip it out and obliterate anything stupid enough to get close to you then go back to your Fatebringer and continue killing things at a more healthy range.

Shot Package / Full Auto and Luck In the Chamber / Crowd Control it is then, preferably with a range modifier or HC Rounds.  Those are the perks I am going to look for. 

Army of One and Cascade are always good on paper until you run into situations where Lightswitch is on.

Dry Rot 32 already has a decent reload rate, so I should be good there.

Looks good. I'm hoping they will tell us about armor and weapon upgrades. As i understand it if you have a character at light level 34 he will be level 34 come Taken King. But how does armor work now there are no longer light levels? If your level is no longer determined by your armor whats the point of it other than the perks? surly you cant just wear anything.

Bit of a binge play tonight, 3 Nightfalls, 3 weeklies and a 3 man Vault. Still no god damn Hunter boots but i did get the normal mode Vault ship which has never dropped for me before (probably because I've only done 3 normal Vaults). I ran Relic on Atheon for the first time this time around. Same as my Templar attempt, messed up on try one, killed him on try 2. Got another Patience and Time from the Nightfall and 2 legendary guns. Got a couple of Legendary engrams from the weeklies, one of which turned into a Dragons Breath.

The grind to level up all the factions goes on.

Just for the record - if they are going to make me choose a faction I am Future War Cult 24/7

I am all about Dead Orbit.  My Hunter with Papa Shango facepaint looks great in black / white shaders.

Got another icebreaker (4th) from a nightfall, then fadeless and i both got tlw's on our 3rd run...strange, ive never seen the nightfall drop the same weapon for everyone in it.

I jumped into a DARPA buddy's Nightfall when his randoms bailed.  Solar Burn was not the stip to put on a Nightfall for a guy leveling up a shiny new Vex Mythoclast and whose Solar damage Radegast's Fury has Grenades & Horseshoes on it.. 

My friend mains a Sunsinger so between my weapons and his abilities, Taniks was 99% dead by the time we got to the final stage and we exploded him seconds after he teleported in for the last gasp.  I nearly got one-shotted by the Scorch Cannon, but Blink saves another life.

The usually frustrating Walker Tank fight was anything but.  My Vex Mythoclast is 325 Attack and only has the Zen Moment node filled and it still tore through the Walker's legs like tissue paper thanks to Solar Burn.  My Sunsinger friend threw enough Fusion Grenades to disable the secondary gun so that we only had the extremely avoidable main gun to deal with. 

I don't think I've had an easier time fighting that Walker even on Normal difficulty..

Got a Pest Control Matrix as my Nightfall reward that I broke down for Weapon Parts. Glimmer, and Motes. Don't really need a Legendary AR now that my 365 Fatebringer is the Legendary primary hotness for me..

Had a couple of numbskulls on my Weekly run:  a dude that could not embrace the bullet stopping power of hard cover and a fucking XP sponger that we carried to victory and only had four total kills during the entire strike. 

Considered backing out when I figured out what was up, but I didn't want to abandon the other guy who was still scrapping hard even though he died every five minutes.  Finished the Strike, banked my nine coins, put the carry job on my Avoid List, and reported him.

My rerolled Dry Rot 32 is now 365 Attack, Arc Damage, and I am running Shot Package / Luck In The Chamber / Smallbore on it.  It is about as ready for 35 PoE as it will get.

Finished leveling up the shotgun after yet another frustrating outing in the Crucible.  The PvP Jinx enters its third day.  Was so done with lag, dcons, idiotic teams that refuse to capture, and my own crap play that I tapped out for the day around 7PM and didn't come back on until this morning for the usual Vanguard Bounty run.

• Like 2

If any of the five people still on 360 want to hit 32 or 34 PoE tonight, msg me if I am online. 

I could use the Armor Core to get my hands on that HoW Fallen bane chest armor that Variks has on sale this week and the EL node from 34 is always helpful..  I already have HoW chest armor, but it is Cabal bane. 

Probably a good idea to get at least one piece of HoW Fallen bane armor for 35 PoE.

I've been in the Kaliks Reborn and Gulrot fights before, so I know what to do.

I should be on - of course I thought that last night and I had just booted up my machine and my wife was like "Didn't you say you had to work on a presentation?"

So I swore and then had to forgo my playing for the evening because clearly I chose Tough Enough over Destiny

I think I have 3 days worth of bounties to clear out.

If you are going to be online then I will hit 28 PoE to get some more VoJ rank if you are not online when I get home. 

We will bust heads in PvP when you log on and hit 32 or 34 PoE if we get a third and your patience isn't frayed.

I just killed both my teammates with a sparrow because they werent helping during the strike. One of the bounties for today is complete a strike without dying.

Moral of the story: act like a bitch, die like a bitch.

Someone tried to pull that shit on me this morning when I did Devil's Lair on Easy to gimp my way through the Strike Without Dying and Sepkis Prime bounties since I wanted to get the VG stuff out of the way and devote the afternoon to PvP and PoE . 

When I noticed I was the only one killing stuff, I just ran to the Grotto, took a seat, and got breakfast.  

Eventually they got the hint and started moving and shooting things and we all murdered the Walker and Sepkis Prime together.  I thought they would just abandon but they stuck around, so I guess they were also pressed for time.

My Unsporting% went up from 43% to 45% and my Avoid% went up to 60% right after that Strike so I assume they took offense at my bullshit for me taking offense at their bullshit. 

I put them on my Avoid List in retaliation.

• Like 1

Watched the reveal stream on and off.

The big thing i guess was the increase in vault space. You now have 72 weapon and 72 armor slots. It also looks like you will be able to dismantle exotics without fear if you need more space too. You can re-buy them for an Exotic Shard and 2500 (i think) Glimmer.

Emblems, shaders and ships are all accessible from a terminal in the Tower so you can delete them and re-purchase them whenever you want. It also lists the ones you are missing and how you can obtain them.

Some Exotics have 'year two' versions you can upgrade too if you already have the year one version. But not all of them. Doesn't look like you can upgrade the Gjallarhorn, i assume that's why they had Xur finally sell it again. Doesn't make much sense why they are reducing its power though if its not going to be as relevant in a few months when everyone's got better guns anyway.

You can boost the strength of legendary weapons by sacrificing a more powerful gun to upgrade it. Don't know if that means you can sacrifice your old guns to upgrade the new ones or if it has to be from Year Two

Still not clear on how the new levels work. You can level up to a base level of 40. The strength of your armor, guns, class items and ghosts determine your light level. But i don't think they touched on what that light level actually does?

You know 'pledge' yourself to a faction instead of wearing a class item from them. But if i heard it right you can only change factions once a week? If that's true that's kind of crappy if you want to level up a different faction after hitting a rank with your current one.

The Cryptarch now sells Legendary Engrams. You can 'order' guns from the Gunsmith for collection later in the week.