DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Not shitting on the movie, I just find it, uh, quite peculiar, that people closer to making their mortgage payments have strong feels for films specifically targeted at those closer to making their bar mitzvahs. 

I don't really see it as much different than following Marvel. Or DC, or G.I. Joe, or Transformers, or Star Wars..

TMNT already has a wide demographic because it's been around for thirty years. The movie isn't going to be playing to just elementary school kids, it's going after teens as well as adults seeking nostalgia, like Transformers and pretty much everything else.

• Like 1

You can't honestly tell me that those franchises don't aim for a broader target demographic than a Nickelodeon production.

You do realize that Nickelodeon isn't just Rugrats and Doug, right?

EDIT: Actually, I'm willing to bet you're probably out of touch on the matter and just associate Nickelodeon with little kids programming, when that couldn't be further from reality.

It was intended for the kids in Jr. High

Saw this after my last post, but is this true? I saw it in elementary school, but even then I was shocked at the difference between the cartoon and the live action version. Plus Casey Jones straight up MURDERS Shredder in the back of that garbage truck, or so we're lead to believe consider that...

In TMNT 2 we learn that Shredder is immune to death by garbage trucks.

• Like 1

You can't honestly tell me that those franchises don't aim for a broader target demographic than a Nickelodeon production.

EDIT: Actually, I'm willing to bet you're probably out of touch on the matter and just associate Nickelodeon with little kids programming, when that couldn't be further from reality.

A cursory glance at today's schedule includes SpongeBob, Dora, Paw Patrol, Sam and Cat, and the Thundermans. I suspect Rugrats, Doug, and Alex Mack would be superior programming choices.

Marvel and Star Wars are Disney products. What kind of adult goes to see that Mickey Mouse bullshit.

I don't know what's stranger: The actual fondness for a new TMNT movie, or the typical fanboy defense being employed here. I guess it would be too much to bear psychologically for anyone to just say "Yeah I know it's aimed specifically at kids, but for some strange reason I still enjoy it." Instead it's "MARVEL = DISNEY = MICKEY MOUSE = NO YOU'RE TOWEL."

• Like 1

You know, even if the movie is somehow good, nothing is going to get me more hyped than this shit right here (5:49).

I wonder if they're going to release a new Blu Ray set this year? I know they released a pizza box one a few years ago but I think it was still missing the scenes cut from the US version. 

I don't know what to say about the turtles movie. Do they wise crack? Looks like it. Do they eat a lot of pizza? We don't know. Where's the foot clan? Why are they nine feet tall? Whatever. I'll wait for a second trailer.

The Foot are the SWAT looking guys in the trailer with guns and masks that look like Shaq.

A cursory glance at today's schedule includes SpongeBob, Dora, Paw Patrol, Sam and Cat, and the Thundermans. I suspect Rugrats, Doug, and Alex Mack would be superior programming choices.

Marvel and Star Wars are Disney products. What kind of adult goes to see that Mickey Mouse bullshit.

I don't know what's stranger: The actual fondness for a new TMNT movie, or the typical fanboy defense being employed here. I guess it would be too much to bear psychologically for anyone to just say "Yeah I know it's aimed specifically at kids, but for some strange reason I still enjoy it." Instead it's "MARVEL = DISNEY = MICKEY MOUSE = NO YOU'RE TOWEL."

It is aimed for kids, teenagers and adults with fond memories of watching the turtles as children. You were the one that brought up it was a Nickelodeon production which caused me to counter with Star Wars and Marvel movies are a Disney production.

Is it too hard to just let people like what they like without getting on a high horse and pretending that you are far too cool to ever enjoy anything that is not squarely marketed to thirty year old males.