DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XIV - 2/24/2024

9 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

This comes back to how stupid it was to keep teasing a Perez heel turn and then backing off. They should have done it in July instead of doing the "Roxy takes offense at something innocent and pops somebody in the mouth, beats them, and the next week is a face again" cycle 5 times in 2023 before actually going with a turn after Vengeance Day. She wouldn't have worked as a heel on SD now, but if they had spent six months cultivating that side of her instead of playing silly buggers, she might have.

The potential heel turn is only a recent thing, and they likely haven't gone all in because Roxanne is the most over woman outside of the CWC. Even the audience there is still mostly positive towards her. At this point its probably best to leave her with some edge and turn someone else.

Yeah, I think they wanted to round out her character (like them keeping Bron and Melo for an extra year) versus Stratton who they probably feel like can work on the fly? I'm still freaked out by Stratton's veneers since they're so white. That's the real heel move to me. 

Liv looked great in the chamber and I remember her looking good with everything except her title reign which sucks. And ditto on whoever said Becky has seemed off lately, she has periods where her stuff looks mechanical and not smooth so I always wonder if it's based on opponent familiarity or something else. I'd like to think her and Rhea can figure it out by Mania though.

• Like 2

Unless its an injury issue I'm not too worried about Becky. She looked mostly solid-good during her NXT title run just a few months back. I feel like she will step it up against Rhea.

Honestly one of my favorite things about the non-North America PLEs is that there is almost always someone that gets an out of the ordinary crowd reaction. Like Io Sky getting a huge babyface reaction over Belair at Backlash in Puerto Rico. I think it's also usually not anything to be too worried about as I don't see her getting the same kind of reaction on a regular basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Unless its an injury issue I'm not too worried about Becky. She looked mostly solid-good during her NXT title run just a few months back. I feel like she will step it up against Rhea.

They've built Rhea up so strong since before the Judgement Day formed. I think Becky vs Rhea is a good money match. I wish they went with Bianca vs Rhea at Mania like the kinda teased after the last post Mania Raw. 

When NXT starts on CW , I wonder how many of them they'll hold off on calling up because of being on the network. They'll likely get people like Becky to work NXT again for a few weeks after they start up.

13 hours ago, Robert S said:

It probably did not help that Naomi looked completely washed up.

I haven’t been watching the TVs, I assumed she got better as a worker being away all that time but she doesn't need to be a better worker in WWE with her persona and style so I couldn't really blame her if she does completely come across washed up. I crowd didn't seem to care about her anyway so I don't blame her 

5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I think Becky vs Rhea is a good money match. I wish they went with Bianca vs Rhea at Mania like the kinda teased after the last post Mania Raw. 

I think it likely came down to both Bianca and Rhea are likely gonna be around for a bit while Becky could call it a career sooner than one would expect (has probably made decent money and has a small kid).