DVDVR Message Board

Ring of Honor - 2024

12 hours ago, hammerva said:

Who in the hell is Jacoby Watts?  I don't recognize him anyway.   Although to be fair I barely recognize Nick Comoroto either with this new look of his

He's a Nightmare Factory student, used to be a regular on AEW Dark as Dean Alexander.  I'm intrigued by Comoroto having something going on at least and hope it goes somewhere, his theme music rules.

• Like 2

Finally got to the end of Supercard of Honor. The Stardom six woman match was high speed, indeed. Any addition of Stardom women into AEW women's division should be exciting. Kinda like in '95 WWF, the All Japan Women brought something completely new, albeit for one night back then.

Both Women's title matches were very good. I wonder if Amanata will now challenge Athena next?

Dalton vs Johnny TV was entertaining, but it's probably good that this one is over with.

The tag title match was good enough, the six man open challenge was a good surprise, and the main event was intense af. Too bad that Briscoe finally winning the title is kinda like Tommy Dreamer winning the WWECW title back in 2009 at this point. Still, they created a wonderful moment and the match was indeed a war!

• Like 3

I like the opening production of this show. The video looks good and they've been presenting some fun promos off the top pretty regularly. Case in point the Mark Briscoe Promo from Collision. I do wish they'd show the outside of the arena of the city they're in.  Solo v Keith was a nice competitive showcase. I wish Bryan Keith well in finding a stronger finish than flipping stunner. Solo is a great hand. I ffwd the Righteous/Archer squash and a lot of this show.  ROH features some particularly weak promos every week, but I do like the commitment to the reps and production. Leila Grey/Diamante/Taya v HIrsch/Hogan/Adora a terrific TV match. I was hoping for a Leila win there. I sincerely hope this is not a sign of them giving up on her. She was starting to look really good before her injury/hiatus. What I saw of Lady Frost v Marti Belle looked strong. Belle seems like a fun heel. So pleased to see Lady Frost potentially on the upward. I'm not in the market for Dark Order squashes, but I did catch Uno's awesome looking run. The crowd was hot for the DOs. Garrison v Briscoe was really strong. Mark Briscoe can have a really fun to excellent match with anybody. Everyone knows how good he is yet he's still underrated. The listing of Beast Mortos v Nick Comoroto made me seek out this episode. I wasn't disappointed. Comoroto is hilarious in this new look/presentation. That said, I hope at some point he goes back to his debut look and wins a few matches (in ROH). The Beast Mortos is senesational. There are several talents on this show that I have zero current interest in, but I do appreciate the company's commitment to developing talent, and providing substantial opportunities. 

• Like 2

Fun opening match between Isaiah Kassidy and Komander followed by a solid Dark Order/Top Flight trios match. 

Always great to see Yuka, her match with Leila Grey probably the best of the mid show squashes.  Kingdom vs Outrunners was a nice Proving Ground. Acknowledging the Outrunners showing up later in the back in different attire was amusing. 

Dug the Red Velvet/Queen Aminata promo, both coming after Billie & Athena should be great. Cool throwback with Red referencing her past victories over Billie on Dark/Elevation.  Abadon with the quickest squash of the night.

Great little triple threat sprint main event with the Beast Mortos against AR Fox & Blake Christian. 

All I watched was some of the main, sadly. THE BEAST MORTOS is something else still; that twisting leg thingamajig was nasty, and the immediate finish was something they need to keep, that this guy can kill you whenever and whereever. Want my Dragon match! The other fun thing I caught was the announcers saying that Blake Christian is apparently hanging out with Missy Hyatt and you can find that on social media 😄 The jokes write themselves sometimes, folks.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that in the Discord but yeah Missy turned on Janela in the title match at Spring Break and sided with Blake.  Also, I need to see more GCW but Blake is becoming much better as a shithead heel than he maybe ever was as a face.  I'm sure he's playing both when doing the indies but I would love to see him back on ROH as a heel to see how he would fare.

I love the unique atmosphere of early afternoon at Daily's Place.  Fun opener from the Infantry vs the Outrunners. 

Dug the JD Drake promo. Bunch of squashes in between.  Solid quick main event from Aminata vs Robyn Renegade ends a short episode this week at under an hour. Good to see Robyn back after a month+ away.