DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

Got to level 30. I think I have 5 powers now. Not used them once I don’t think. Did a bunch of exploring and some side missions.

an online pal said he’s giving up the game because it’s just too buggy for him, since it was deleting his saves or something like that.

I haven’t had an issue with bugs, but I’ve run out of things to do. I thought I’d have more interest in redoing missions differently, but I just don’t. And it doesn’t help that I did so much on my first playthrough that I pretty much know the ending to everything.

I saw DFA mention reinstalling Skyrim and JT talking about Skyrim or 2077. I honestly may give 2077 another go just to see how different it is. I also need to finish Tears of the Kingdom.

Here is my quick off the top of my head list of bugs I am dealing with (spoilers because a couple are in specific quest lines)

Spoiler
  • The newest on - I returned to HopeTech for the first time after killing Ron Hope and everyone is cool except when you walk into the building there are two random guards who clearly haven't gotten over it and are quite angry. Confirmed online that this is a bug
  • Can't progress the quest to join the Strikers as in the first mission the door to go back to see the boss is locked behind a "key required" notice
  • Obviously the save issue - the game constantly says I am out of room. This is because it is not properly overriding saves (which is why I had to turn auto save off)
  • Can't progress the beer tasting minor quest thing on Akilia City because the lady who is supposed to bitch about how shitty the beer is won't walk up to the bar to complain
  • The dude who co-run Jemison Mercantile is now in his underwear
  • Random dead NPCs in Akilia City
  • Akilia City security guard is patrolling in her underwear
  • The other new one - finished the Ryujin step where I had to sneak into Ryujin HQ. Now no matter where I go it says I am trespassing. (Fortunately this seems to be just visual)
  • Can't get Hadrian to do anything since having her join the crew. She won't follow nor will she leave the ship

I know there are others but I am old and forgetful

@RIPPA regarding HopeTech…

Spoiler

I encountered the same thing, but it was everyone in the main office that charged at me only throwing punches. None of them followed me into the factory. My read on it was that the employees were super pissed at me for basically costing them their jobs.

But if that’s a glitch, then I would consider that a happy accident.

Yeah - when I checked reddit most folks were saying it was just some not all

In mine case - Andreja started firing at anything with a heartbeat so I just immediately reloaded

I'm stuck at the vault part of the SysDef/Crimson Fleet questline. I tried for about an hour to get it fixed but no go. I may make one more stab at it but Spiderman 2 is coming up this weekend and it was about time to give Starfield a break anyway. Was really hoping to finish up everything I wanted to do in the first playthrough but I can wait for a patch.

I finished Andreja's quest so I reluctantly switched to Barrett

I do feel like he is probably the best choice to have for the Crimson Fleet stuff so that might work out

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I finished Andreja's quest so I reluctantly switched to Barrett

I do feel like he is probably the best choice to have for the Crimson Fleet stuff so that might work out

I had Sam with me and mostly he seemed to not care, though it's weird as hell being a nasty person while hauling his kid around with us to be fair.

I figured it was collecting Artifacts that triggered that event, not getting powers. You could have been doing that.

since you said you had 100+ plus hours, figured you were farther than me. 

im not even sure how many hours I have, maybe 60? 

Edited by odessasteps

Great.   I have a couple of points in Gymnastics and am hella slippery in melee combat, but I have only been in one or two scenarios in the game where I have been able to fully exploit the Zero-G benefits of the skill.

Edited by J.T.

It seems like all the Starfield Skill videos I watch all poo poo that Gymnastics skill and to not use any points on it. 

I finally put a point into Spacesuit Research. Right before I got the Legendary Suit package in Londinium. I gave Barrett the Mantis suit. 

I really had being forced to fly a different ship other than my own for a mission

Half my crew vanished because I was given a tiny ass UC ship to fly and the fucker is worth less than 10K creds