DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Don't know if I've seen darts yet. I've seen dartboard. 

There are darts at the Research Facility on Kreet, amongst other places.  Your dungeon delving skills are depressing.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All the videos I have seen say vendors reset after 24 hours

Yep. You can sleep the time away in a bed you own.  

I have not tried to see if you can wait in a bar for an entire game day.  Theoretically you should be able to since, as far as I can tell, the business do not have annoying open / close times like the vendors in Elder Scrolls games.

Edited by J.T.

20 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

How long does it take for a trade authority kiosk to have credits again? 

24 hours LOCAL for Credits, 48 Hours LOCAL for inventories.  You can not spend 24 hours waiting if you bounce to a close by planet that spins slower than normal (like, 1 local hour is 10 UC hours) as most major vendors are on planets that are near 1:1 with Local/UC time.  

• Like 1

So I did the Paradiso mission with the ship in orbit...

Half way through that storyline, I sat there realizing I had 3 silenced weapons and a combat knife and the galaxy would be better without those 2 NPC's, and now I'm mad that I didn't see what would happen if I just murdered those 2.

I FINALLY finished that deputy questline. It ended with way more killing than I thought there would be. That has probably been the hardest thing I’ve done in the game, especially one of the last parts when you’re infiltrating the First’s base and there’s so many soldiers with good weapons and only one robot you can control and send out. I kept thinking there must be a way to control turrets or something, but nope. And I brought TARS with me too, who was basically useless. I died a lot, wiped out a supply of 20+ med kits and 20+ trauma kits, but I got the job done.

It also ended with who I figured was behind it all, so that was disappointing, but it was one of the first decisions I had to make on a Mass Effect level where it could alter an entire planet.

Ultimately, “I am that guy.”

And FFS, can someone please give Wes Chatham some bigger roles?!

EDIT: OH SHIT! Just looked up to see what he’s up to and I did NOT expect him to be playing that person in a certain Star Wars series.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

For those of you non-Expanse peeps that need to see more reasons why Amos Burton is fucking awesome....

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

I died a lot, wiped out a supply of 20+ med kits and 20+ trauma kits, but I got the job done.

We will not even talk about the amount of Bandages I go through trying to Boost to places I probably shouldn't try to reach and suffering sprains or soreness after hitting the ground the wrong way.

I hate it when Vasco is like, "You probably should not jump from such a height.  You might injure yourself."  No shit, Vasco.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

The game freaked the fuck out on me last night as I went to Akila City and I didn't realize that if you start the main quest there Sam Coe is your follower until the end (of that quest line). Problem was - Sarah was locked in as my follower until going to Paradiso. Poor system couldn't figure out how to process that.

So I went back one save - ran into town to do the two deliveries I had acquired and got the Freestar quest line at the same time.

So yeah - ended up at Paradiso myself while ignoring the Giants game

Used SGTSylver's guide on refitting the Frontier and life is much better.

Going with all electron beams so that I can do shield and hull damage without having to bother with missiles or a ballistic cannon is a blessing especially with the improved drive output and the shield upgrade also makes a difference..

I wish I had done this earlier in the game.  Shoulda just gone back to Kreet at Level 6, cleared the Crimson Fleet enclaves, surveyed Kreet to 100%, modded and sold my trade fodder, run as many Activities as I could, and saved up 45K credits for ship upgrades.

I probably could've splashed those House Va'ruun ships orbiting Venus during The Old Neighborhood instead of running silent.

Went back to the Frontier for a bit to clear out some of these space battles I had to do

Still had trouble with The Warlock because it took me forever to realize he had defenses that I kept flying into (I was like "How the fuck am I going from full shields to blown up in an instant?")

I didn't notice that Amos was one of the defaults, but I wound up making him anyway, or something that looks close to him. His beard length is right between the shortest and longest beards in game. His hairstyle from the later seasons is basically in there. 

I couldn't defeat the Warlock until I upgraded to the Razorleaf and then it only took me one try in that ship to blow up the Warlock. For whatever reason though, and I can't remember this happening in my previous tries, from long range I took out his space mines and turrets without pulling aggro on the Warlock itself. Then when I had enough room to engage the ship, I approached further to start that fight. 

Vasco has the best dialogue in fights even if he's pretty useless. He's just shit talking enemies in the most robotic way and it sounds really funny. Kudos to whoever wrote his dialogue. Sadly, I don't think any of these followers in the game will ever be on the level of anyone you can find in Fallout 4. I highly doubt there is anyone in the game on the level of Nick Valentine or Strong. I was hoping that Vasco would sort of be like having Strong as a companion, but nope. Man, Strong was the best. "Hey Strong, we're gonna try sneaking into this facility and take everyone out quietly." Strong - "OK" and then proceeds to Leeroy Jenkins the whole thing with a rocket hammer.

72 hours in and I have yet to experience more than a handful of bugs. The most frequent one that happens is whenever you're on a quest and need to go to fly to location on a planet, but you can't choose to land at the location you need to land at. That's almost always solved by traveling to another planet in the same system and then going back to the planet you were just trying to go to. And a couple times I've had graphics and textures not load, but that's typically after using Quick Resume.

What I don't think is a bug and is completely hilarious is the naked lawman on Akila that's usually hanging around the Rock location. I had to do a double take and then see if I could engage in talking to him. You can select to talk to him, but he never stops to talk. So no way can this be a bug. It seems like a very Bethesda thing to do to have a law enforcement yokel going around with no clothes.

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I couldn't defeat the Warlock until I upgraded to the Razorleaf and then it only took me one try in that ship to blow up the Warlock. For whatever reason though, and I can't remember this happening in my previous tries, from long range I took out his space mines and turrets without pulling aggro on the Warlock itself. Then when I had enough room to engage the ship, I approached further to start that fight. 

There is definitely some RNG involved too because on my successful run - the game spawned me in a flight path where I was hidden from the mines and turrets. So he was down before I took any damage.

Has anyone done the lottery of buying contents of sleep crates on Neon? It's a 1000 credits so I'm not up for that gambling. 

Did a couple random Neon mission this morning, including helping the DJ in Astral Lounge get her set list back. 

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Has anyone done the lottery of buying contents of sleep crates on Neon? It's a 1000 credits so I'm not up for that gambling. 

Did a couple random Neon mission this morning, including helping the DJ in Astral Lounge get her set list back. 

If you have the Kid Stuff trait....

Spoiler

You might find your parents partying in the Astral Lounge and trying to score some Aurora.

I finally bought my Narwhal last night and when I went to go fight the Warlock, I got the message that Turrets Cannot be Fired Manually. For a 400k credit ship, I expect better than this. But a quick look online gives these solutions should anyone else encounter this message.

How to Fix Turrets Cannot Be Fired Manually in Starfield

Here is a list of known fixes from the Starfield community:

Fix 1: Go to ship design, move them into a front facing position (source: AstralResolve on Reddit).

Fix 2: Install a new turret and you’ll be able to use it (source: Ok_Worldliness8080 on Reddit).

Fix 3: Turrets are sometime not oriented in the proper direction and enemies may not be in their field of view so they won’t fire. I found my turrets were pointed down into my ship or backwards. I went into the ship builder, selected the turret, clicked the “flip” button until they all faced forward. I found this fix before putting any stats into automated turrets perk so no, you don’t need that perk for them to operate properly. I also unassigned all crew while not having the perk, and again, they all worked (source: Embarrassed_You8789 on Reddit).

Fix 4: I’ve had that problem and reloading a save seems to fix them (source: ArmandPeanuts on Reddit).

• Like 1

Yay!  Bobby Katz's mother and father are alive!  I must've missed talking to them while dashing about like an idiot doing the Fitness challenge.

And Boo~!  If it figures that now that I have a UC Security uniform, SGT Yumi has not pinged me for extra security work in New Atlantis.

Edited by J.T.

21 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Ok, I see all you guys having issues with The Warlock, and that fight took me about 30 seconds to disable him and board, so I must've done something different.

Well one thing I saw was have Targeting Systems unlocked makes it way easier to disable and of course that was the perk I got AFTER defeating the Warlock

Finished Red Mile. I decided to speed run it and not fight all the creatures. Then took care of Marco.

Then did some Akita City missions and getting ready for gang wars on Neon. 

need to switch out companions as I’m tired of Andreja. Time for Sarah again.