DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 7/5 - 7/11/2023

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

Not nearly enough talk about the Big News from Saturday: they've changed the rules for Eliminator matches so that the term now makes a modicum of sense! The would-be challenger is now eliminated from title contention if they lose!

Booking-wise, this seems questionable to me. But nomenclature-wise it's a big win.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure Kevin Kelly just knows nothing at all about the product. 

• Like 4

It's like the least of his announcing sins but Double K repeatedly biffing the names of moves really grates on me.

I also don't really enjoy Nigel's schtick so Collision is a rough listen for me. I get that they're trying to do their own thing but, to me, the free-wheeling style of the Dynamite booth is AEW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Damn, I really hope it's nothing serious. Positive vibes up for the GOAT.

Also: I wasn't able to go due to a wedding (and I'm still furious) but Bret managed FTR at an indy show in the lobby of Lowell, MA's city hall...

Okay somehow that detail had escaped me and my mind is blown! 😂 Such a tiny little space for that! My workplace handles the files for the retirement department so we're there all the time, and now I'll never walk in there and look at it the same way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wish the Ibushi thing wasn’t so built up in people’s heads (and hinted by Omega) because 1) I don’t personally care about Ibushi and 2) the ROH PPV title match really needs Briscoe in that spot. I assume you’d rather have him than Ibushi in a big cage war anyway? 

• Like 2

Both blind eliminator tags have a chance to be really good. I'm also excited to see what Nick Wayne can do on a big stage.

Not really looking forward to Jericho/Kommander. Jericho trying to keep up with quick young guys <<<< Jericho seeing how stiff things can get with fellow old guys.

I have this sinking feeling that the Callis stuff will lead to Jericho in Blood and Guts. I so hope that I'm way wrong here.

• Like 2