DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/17 - 4/23/2023

Dolfan in NYC

... was that the best match yet for both Roxy and Zoey? I guess that's what happens when you put two people who are each carrying a lot of the division against each other. 

Some of Roxy's reversals looked better than I recall from other matches, she really threw herself into some of those corner uppercuts (even the one that missed, which a great skill to have).

Zoey does this thing in her match structures where she sets up a climactic reversal through a few successful hits- I first noticed it in a Ruca match a few weeks ago where she threw Sol into the corner a few times in the same way that a late-match throw would eventually be countered into a Sol Snatcher, she did similar things here with Pop Roks and a headscissors. 

Oh, I don't think I saw it mentioned, but the May Saudi PLE has changed from being King & Queen of the Ring to Night of Champions.

It will be the first time that name has been used since Seth almost paralyzed Sting 8 years ago. 

5 hours ago, nofuture said:

Bron is facing Andre Chase.  Hudson's playing the disingenuous face who continuously gets Chase U into sticky situations.

4 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Ok, I didn’t quite grasp that.  I thought the match was bron-Duke.  Honestly, I think the crowd would get behind a Duke babyface push.

The crowd wants to cheer Chase U.  it’s annoying they’re mostly used as cannon fodder.

The Hudson/Chase U situation is kind of weird. They semi acknowledge Duke is a bit of a worm while also being able to be counted when push really comes to shove. Basically they have let Duke be a bit more open with his dickish heel aspects while still keeping him generally face. He is an jackass sometimes, but he's Chase U's jackass. 

4 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

... was that the best match yet for both Roxy and Zoey? I guess that's what happens when you put two people who are each carrying a lot of the division against each other. 

I think the second Meiko match is Roxanne's best match, but this is easily her best performance. Definitely feels like Zoey's best. 

4 hours ago, Red King said:

So if anyone is interested in the order that people are in this, it goes

(blank) (blank) cody
(blank) rhea cody
seth rhea cody
seth rhea bianca
seth owens bianca
becky owens bianca
becky theory bianca
becky theory asuka
zayn theory asuka
THE FUTURE (text)
(blank) bayley (blank)
gunther bayley rey
miz bayley rey
miz sheamus mia
miz lashley mia
balor lashley mia
uso lashley uso

HAPPENS LIVE (text)

and then there's a bunch of rapid flashes, in this order:

Priest, Omos, Natalya, Dawkins, Riddle, Ford, Nakamura, Baszler, Zelina, Woods, Corbin, Lesnar, Reigns

It's Damien Priest and Finn Balor having it out with Rey Misterio and Santos Escobar!  My love affair with Priest continues.  Rey Rey is our face that would be in peril.  Escobar  makes the hot tag!  Rey and Escobar hits some fun low-grade double teams!    Escobar and Priest lay it in a little until Priest kicks Santos in the head.  The crowd is white hot for Rey to make the hot tag!  Escobar hits a Stuka Jr Dive on THE WRONG DUDE!   Priest gets the pin!  That was fun!  LWO needs to win one of these at some point.  Though I dig the Bill Wattsian booking of the heels strong.  It's Ricochet!  It's Braun Strowman!  It's Erik and that other guy in the Viking Raiders!  Well, this should be good.  Oh right, IVAR~!  Oh man, Ivar and Strowman are laying it in.  Other parts are kind of awkward.  Ricochet whips out a Flying Space Tiger Drop!  TIGER MASK!  Returning from commercial, Ricochet is selling an assbeating.  FUN Dropkick by Strowman on the event of his hot tag! Viking Raiders throw giant blobs of fat from the toprope!  Ricochet jumps off Brawn's shoulder to get the pin!  That was wild.  Sonya Deville and Chelsea Green are taking on Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez.  Oop!  They were checking my blood sugar level (126) so I couldn't really see much except for Liv tumbling over the top rope to the other three on the floor.  Raquel Rodriguez is great on offense.  AWESOME!  LIV AND RAQUEL totally CHEAT TO WIN!  YES!  MILLION BILLION STARS!  It is time for to see how much GUNTHER will pummel Xavier Woods.  I'm thinking a lot.  Or maybe GUNTHER will underestimate Woods and sell a bunch.  I'm guessing the latter.  Well, I see early it is about the pummeling.  Then we go to commercial.  I await a batch of nearfalls.  The crowd gets behind Woods comeback!  GUNTHER smacks the fuck out of his chest!  Butterfly Suplex to cut off Wood's next comeback!  They both lay it in and this is getting great!  Woods hits two dives and Toprope Legdrop and our NEAT NEARFALLS ARE KICKING IN! CRUCIFIX BOMB FOR TWO!  GUNTHER savagely locks in the Sleeper and that was fucking great!  That was how you put together a GUNTHER assbeating and also put in a lot of cool nearfalls.  HHH! HHH! HHH!  GUNTHER is the Orange Cassidy of the WWE.  It's Solo Sikoa taking on Matt Riddle.  No DQ means the Usos will just stay in the ring and beat on Riddle, one would suppose.  This starts off HOT!  Thenthey quickly slow it down.  Lance Storm-esque KENDO STRIKES!  Riddle whips out a table!  BROTON over the steps!  Returning from the commercial,  Riddle is assuming his role as Ricky Morton.  But with a chair on his face!  Riddle makes a comeback with kendo sticks and steel chairs!  Sweet Suplex by Riddle onto two open chairs!  FOR TWO!  Riddle buries Sikoa under a chair!  And the Usos show up.  Riddle fights them off!  Sikoa crawls out of the wreckage!  Sikoa misses with a Samoan Spike and then hits an AWESOME SPEED SAMOAN SPIKE!  And they get back to the table!  That was some quality professional wrestling.

• Like 4

Finn/Priest vs. Rey/Santos was nice and fun.

Viking Raiders vs. Braun/Ricochet built into a good match despite some early miscommunication. Poor Ricochet got thrown when nobody was there to catch him. Loved the finish with Ricochet going for something bigger than the usual splash off of Braun's shoulders. 

Raquel/Liv vs. Sonya/Chelsea was pretty darn solid. Sonya and Chelsea are a better team than one would expect. Dug how the cheating bit them in the ass and Raquel/Liv returning the favor late in. Kind of hope they get a bigger rematch.

Gunther/Woods was damn good as expected. Gunther was dominant throughout with Woods having some nice comebacks here and there before getting put back on the ground each time. The last few minutes had some decent near falls though nothing approaching that wonderful leg drop off the top Woods delivered. 

Solo/Riddle was a good mix of plunder, brawling, and big moves. Thought the finish was pretty neat with Riddle just getting ethered via a flash Samoan spike. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Gunther/Woods was damn good as expected. Gunther was dominant throughout with Woods having some nice comebacks here and there before getting put back on the ground each time. The few minutes had some decent near falls though nothing approaching that wonderful leg drop off the top Woods delivered.

I never get tired of GUNTHER wrestling, he's in my world's top two with Bryan Danielson. Xavier Woods utilises the top rope well, the leg drop here and the rope walk elbow covering 3/4 off the ring.

Edited by The Natural

I been skipping WWE news, only the (sorta old) online news of mass cuts is the only notable WWE news to me. But that's not gonna happen until the sale/merge is done, so I'll bring up the cuts again later on when the event actually happens in real life.

People complaining about booking Rollins vs Omos. On one hand I get it, I'd rather Rollins have a more exciting opponent but how else is Omos going to potentially get better if he doesn't get matches against guys like Rollins or Brock? I think Rollins with get atleast a decent match,  plus it can't get any worse than his match against Bray at HitC '19. We are so spoiled that we freak out when a top work rate guy like Rollins is in a match against another workrate guy. Atleast let them try with him because if he has a match close as bad as the match with Bray then they probably will stop trying with Omos