DVDVR Message Board

THE AFTERMATH - WWE TV - 4/3 - 4/9/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Speculating disclaimer (had to put that there for the certain crazies)

They could use men's MITB to take at least the WWE title off Roman, if they wanted to do that at all. But I strongly doubt that would happen, gotta have the Roman record run bit more longer. And the problem of why would anyone just pick one title or just the WWE title.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red King said:

Speculating disclaimer (had to put that there for the certain crazies)

They could use men's MITB to take at least the WWE title off Roman, if they wanted to do that at all. But I strongly doubt that would happen, gotta have the Roman record run bit more longer. And the problem of why would anyone just pick one title or just the WWE title.

I think WWE regret not having two separate world titles. When the moment comes, Roman Reigns needs to lose both at once and not dilute it.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

Yea. They really should merge them for the time being (same with the Tag Team Championships). There's ways to split them back up down the line - especially the tag titles* - but, for the foreseeable future, it seems very icky to have Roman drop one and not the other or even for him to be challenged for one and not both. To be honest, you almost need to find a way to have both titles become vacated - for example, whoever beats Roman ends up getting injured (kayfabe hopefully) and out for several months or gets "fired" and is out for several months or they do some other version of the CM Punk 2011 storyline, then you can have the SmackDown GM and Raw GM both come out and say they're the rightful lineage of each title and they're each putting up their titles in a brand-specific match (whether that's a ladder match or a multi-week tournament or whatever).

When whoever the former champion comes back, you keep him on a single brand and he gets attacked by one of the champions and you kinda just don't mention that he never lost the other title (you can always revisit that down the line). 

* I say its easier to split or introduce a new Tag Team Championship because they've done it so, so, so many times over the past 20 years already. The prestige the Usos have brought to the titles over the past year is a glaring exception to what "the norm" has been. Lest we forget, Santino and Koslov were one tag team champions. Its not like the WWE would be trampling on a history of excellence if Owens and Zayn drop one pair of titles to the Profits or whoever on a random edition of Raw this summer and then the others to Ricochet and Braun a month later. The story there was about beating the Usos moreso than about winning the championships (at least in my eyes).

It's gonna be great in a year or so after splitting the belts (if they ever do, I don't think any current belts are getting split), that everyone will be yelling about having 2 belts again and needing them unified.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DMJ said:

Yea. They really should merge them for the time being (same with the Tag Team Championships). There's ways to split them back up down the line - especially the tag titles* - but, for the foreseeable future, it seems very icky to have Roman drop one and not the other or even for him to be challenged for one and not both. To be honest, you almost need to find a way to have both titles become vacated - for example, whoever beats Roman ends up getting injured (kayfabe hopefully) and out for several months or gets "fired" and is out for several months or they do some other version of the CM Punk 2011 storyline, then you can have the SmackDown GM and Raw GM both come out and say they're the rightful lineage of each title and they're each putting up their titles in a brand-specific match (whether that's a ladder match or a multi-week tournament or whatever).

When whoever the former champion comes back, you keep him on a single brand and he gets attacked by one of the champions and you kinda just don't mention that he never lost the other title (you can always revisit that down the line). 

* I say its easier to split or introduce a new Tag Team Championship because they've done it so, so, so many times over the past 20 years already. The prestige the Usos have brought to the titles over the past year is a glaring exception to what "the norm" has been. Lest we forget, Santino and Koslov were one tag team champions. Its not like the WWE would be trampling on a history of excellence if Owens and Zayn drop one pair of titles to the Profits or whoever on a random edition of Raw this summer and then the others to Ricochet and Braun a month later. The story there was about beating the Usos moreso than about winning the championships (at least in my eyes).

The singles world titles are already unfied but when WWE really does their own take on unification like in the past they just drop one belt. (Create another one later) So far they haven't at all.

I mean, the last Unification it was 10 months between changing the 2 belts to 1.  And I mean yeah, the time before that it was 4 months until a new belt. so they're just extending the time.  They also never really ended teh Brand Split, it's just been soft lately.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Red King said:

Some people just like to complain about whatever WWE does, it's fun to them and a hobby for them.

Some people just whine constantly, don’t quote sources, then speculate crap and claim everyone else is crying. Can’t you just quit posting if that’s all you’re going to do? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Some people just whine constantly, don’t quote sources, then speculate crap and claim everyone else is crying. Can’t you just quit posting if that’s all you’re going to do? 

Hey!  I think the admins will opt to get rid of people.  Pipe down.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LF2 said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952wy2mw43ik9l4kqtonmc

• Dolfan in NYC locked, unlocked, unpinned and locked this topic