DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Got to play on Meltdown again last night and it felt so good

It looks like the basically made no changes to the map outside of changing the color scheme

Watched Datto, Leopard and Sonic do the new dungeon

It looks really fun but definitely not for people with drowning phobias

Sonic got the exotic weapon on the first try. If you shoot allies with it - it applies woven mail. If you shoot enemies - it unravels them so it is definitely a support weapon but boy can it do some work

I saw it in collectibles. It looks neat and I like the sounds of it as a support weapon. 

About to start watching Aztecross's dungeon encounters. Didn't realize how stupidly expensive dungeon keys were. Not sure I will pick it up since the trace rifle is the only weapon I'm interested in. Only dungeon exotic i have gotten is Ghally.

Have to admit watching the Dungeon encounters and other parts of traversing from streamers does make me kind of want it though this one definitely feels a bit more raid-esque in aspects. The story seems neat, and I like the armor. Still not in the mood to pay $20 for a dungeon so if it happens for me it won't be for a long while. Also maybe its just a PSN thing, but its kind of shitty of them to tie everything into silver instead of having packages for the dungeon & season together. 

Apparently the woven mail thing for the new trace rifle exotic allows you to give it to any player, not just your teammates. 

There is still a hidden exotic ornament for a scout rifle so we presumably have an exotic quest coming up this season since the dungeon had the trace rifle.

The irony is I always buy the all in one package at the start of a season and then I never do the dungeons 🤣

But yeah - I am able to get everything all at once but as I said, I am doing it before the new year starts so that might be why

Today I learned (or relearned) that all the ornaments for the recent ritual weapons are in the Monument of Lost Light

So now I have somewhere to spent Ascendant shards when I am maxed out and have to fucking reset rank

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The irony is I always buy the all in one package at the start of a season and then I never do the dungeons 🤣

But yeah - I am able to get everything all at once but as I said, I am doing it before the new year starts so that might be why

I intended to but was a little strapped for extra cash at the time. Could only do the expansion itself. Not making that mistake again.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Today I learned (or relearned) that all the ornaments for the recent ritual weapons are in the Monument of Lost Light

So now I have somewhere to spent Ascendant shards when I am maxed out and have to fucking reset rank

This sadly is the biggest reason I have used the Monument of Light. Makes it easy to get rid of Ascendant Shards. Exotic focusing will be another decent outlet to offload them.

Edited by Eivion

Outside of the long quasi platforming section between the 1st and 2nd encounter - I see a lot of people ranking this Dungeon as their favorite dungeon

I definitely feel like I can do the mechanics in this one

Like GoA - I am terrified to do because I feel bad for the folks who are gonna have to watch me die 982563 times in the sparrow section

Not allowing rejoin in Deep Dive is starting to piss me off since folks will instantly quit out if our 3rd partner doesn't know how to active "hard mode"

So then it is a 2 man the rest of the way - granted it has been doable since I think my last 4 have been that way but still it is really pissing me off

On 5/26/2023 at 6:30 PM, RIPPA said:

Yeah, it took me forever to convince myself to do Shattered Throne.  After that, I did it so often that I knew the encounter mechanics by heart..

On 5/26/2023 at 3:35 PM, RIPPA said:

Watched Datto, Leopard and Sonic do the new dungeon

It looks really fun but definitely not for people with drowning phobias.

I sometimes wonder if developers actually consider these things when they create these scenarios.   There are bound to be people who will be triggered by that. 

I remember CDPR kinda forgetting that some of their customers might be epileptic when they put in all of those light strobe effects in during the braindance sessions in Cyberpunk 2077.

Edited by J.T.

Well remember - on the flip side - the new Star Wars game has an option to turn off the spiders and people freaked the fuck out.

WHY DO PEOPLE NEED THAT? GAME IS TOO WOKE!!!!

Thanks to them moving things around - reached Guardian rank 8 last night.

And here I will sit until I decide to do Raids/Dungeons

Jesus - when even Uhmaayyze is saying Crucible is beyond broken you know its bad

I played my three IB matches last night and didn't run into anything too too terrible - but yeah chalk me up to the chorus that hates that they took Freelance away

I am gonna play enough to get the emblem and then be done with it (since I don't need the pinnacles this season)

Ironically it was done by former content creator turned Bungie employee Haltzman (I can't find the tweet itself but one of the devs said it was him)

FYI - there is some new Veil lore

Select the Veil Containment option when on Neomuna and it will teleport you were you can decrypt a couple or archive files

• Like 1

Glad to hear there is more as suspected. Have to be honest that I kind of forgot with the lore Byf and Myelin have been going over for Season of the Deep and the dungeon.

The dungeon lore does a ton to add background and motivation to Xivu Arath. 

We have confirmation of what Ahsa is and its mostly what people suspected going in. 

• Like 1

again, not Destiny 2, but I wish there were more people active on the first game’s multiplayer. I can pretty consistently find 2 other players for Legacy Strikes but that’s about it.

Thinking about just blowing through all of the story missions and then downloading Destiny 2 since it’s more active.

EDIT: I said fuck it and downloaded and started D2. Anyone can add me if they want: prismphobia on PSN

Edited by Casey

Well they clearly decided something was up with IB because they just randomly changed the mode from Control to Eruption 

(I am leaning towards it was how spawns were fucked and would never flip so one team could just spawn camp the other)

Turns out it was the Khepri's Horn bug everyone was talking about

Basically if you where wearing KH and on Strand - run to the first zone, pop a barricade and for... reasons... you would get 65 points for capturing

So basically if two people do it - it triggers an instant mercy rule

EDIT

https://youtu.be/stWF-Pb1D94

That's Cheese Forever's video showing it in action

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I don’t know if the clan is still active or anything but I applied to it @RIPPA and added some of ya’ll that have been active recently.

Approved both

• Thanks 1