DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

So...it finally happened. After 2-3 years, hell has frozen over officially. I hit Flawless. On a Mercy card...without being Mercy'ed no less. Was totally carried the last two games, serving as nothing more than a distraction, but yeah it happened. Was neat finally getting to hit the Lighthouse. That has to be the most loot I have seen drop at once. I had kind of given up on being able to pull it off before next season changed the Mercy card. Even then I figured it would take a while. It feels a bit weird since I started the night out so poorly and was really only doing this to take advantage of extra Trials points so I could finally get the Immortal. All still feels a bit surreal though i can't lie, I'm feeling pretty damn happy to have actually done it before the change to make things easier came in. It also nice to finally have a Trials memento. Not sure if I will actually use it on a weapon or just keep it. Its just nice to finally knock this off of my Destiny bucket list.Ā 

FUCK YEAH~!Ā  I got to the Lighthouse in D1, but never in D2.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Congrats!

Meanwhile I am debating if I want to start doing dungeons and raidsĀ šŸ¤£

If I ever came back, I'd only consider doing Last Wish since there is an achievement involved and some fetchit for a triumph seal that I never got.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If I ever came back, I'd only consider doing Last Wish since there is an achievement involved and some fetchit for a triumph seal that I never got.

Well now - beyond Triumphs - there are Guardian Ranks

And I am in Rank 7 right now and the only things left I have to do to get to Rank 8 are do the two most recent raids (King's Fall and Root of Nightmares) and the two most recent dungeons (Duality and Spire of the Watcher)

Granted I also need to do GoA since I still need Gally - but that dungeon is probably the longest one and I really don't have the time/patience at the moment

And the servers go down for maintenance as I finish a Supremacy game. Weirdly worked out perfectly for me timing wise in that respect. Still was hoping to play another hour so I am a bit disappointed.Ā 

I don't have much left to finish off the Guardian games stuff - I am like 80% on Neumona stuff and 80% on the Guardian Games Nightfall (the third one is finishing off all the triumphs)

Ā 

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

They nerfed Dunemarchers?Ā  Better late than never.

To be fair - they were quasi buffed a year or two ago when they finally fixed the bug that was hurting them

That being said - they are basically never used in PvE. As noted in the Dev Comments - they are a PvP exotic and even then - they still were below Peacekeepers and Citan's in stuff like Trials

The Hunter changes don't do much for me outside of maybe giving Oathkeepers another shot after however many years.Ā 

It is amusing to see them walk back the AE changes to Stomp-EE5. Aztecross was questioning the worth of AE because he thought it was implemented because of stuff like Stomp-EE5. The problem is it really wasn't. AE has always been about Warlocks and Titans. Hunter jump kills were never such a norm they needed nerfing. Its the classes that glide, fly, and fight while airborne regularly they added it for. The changes they made to to Stomp-EE5 here are the first time things might somewhat change while using them

A lot of the PvP folks are screaming that the Stomp-EE5 change is bad because Hunters are going to use other Exotics that will break the meta far far worse

It is... interesting

Because people probably finally realized Stomp-EE5 didn't do shit to "break" the meta like many had bitched about before.Ā  Does make me wonder what Exotics are they fearing even more right now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Because people probably finally realized Stomp-EE5 didn't do shit to "break" the meta like many had bitched about before.Ā 

Eh.Ā  Stomp-EE5 pretty much provides a permanent speed buff in addition to a skating and jumping buff.Ā  The fact thatĀ Stomp-EE5 are getting nerfed because Warriors and Titan mains on consoles cannot acquire targets for shit in PvP without aim assist is very telling, as is the fact that Dunemarchers and Traversive Steps will keep their speed buffs despite their nerfs.

The argument that Titans are faster than Hunters has some merit but also has no merit.Ā  There aren't too many things faster on the field than a Titan who knows how to use his melee to skate and it is nigh impossible to avoid a shoulder charge.Ā  That being said, a high mobility Hunter that knows how to use Dodge is equally dangerous especially now that Blink is back in our arsenal.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A lot of the PvP folks are screaming that the Stomp-EE5 change is bad because Hunters are going to use other Exotics that will break the meta far far worse.

I should post my 10.5 K/D match from the time when I exclusively used Dragon's Shadow as my Exotic of choice.Ā  I feel that Hunters might also return to Graviton Forfeit despite the nerfs to Invis.Ā  Wormhusk Crown might also return to Hunter meta.

Honestly, I think now that Hunter mains have been forced out of their comfort zones, they will most definitely come up with builds that are far more toxic than Stomp-EE5.Ā Ā  Titan and Warlock mains really should be careful for what they wish for.

Edited by J.T.

Fallout's video teased that the most likely replacement will be Young Ahamkara's Spine

And yeah... Tripmine's can fuck right off

(Athrys's Embrace (and lord does that extra S bother me) is the other one folks are thinking of swapping too especially because folks already have strong weighted knife builds)

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Eh.Ā  Stomp-EE5 pretty much provides a permanent speed buff in addition to a skating and jumping buff.Ā  The fact thatĀ Stomp-EE5 are getting nerfed because Warriors and Titan mains on consoles cannot acquire targets for shit in PvP without aim assist is very telling, as is the fact that Dunemarchers and Traversive Steps will keep their speed buffs despite their nerfs.

The argument that Titans are faster than Hunters has some merit but also has no merit.Ā  There aren't too many things faster on the field than a Titan who knows how to use his melee to skate and it is nigh impossible to avoid a shoulder charge.Ā  That being said, a high mobility Hunter that knows how to use Dodge is equally dangerous especially now that Blink is back in our arsenal.

I catch and kill other Hunters far more easily than I do Titans and to a lesser extent Warlocks (thank goodness so many want to fly).Ā 

It took nearly a year for people to figure out how to use Blink again semi-decently and for Hunters its stills not that good. Its Blink Warlocks that are problematic.

The movement/speed buff with Stomp-EE5 was helpful but never meta/game breaking as Hunters were still slower than the other classes even on permanent up time. Honestly, its probably Dragon's Show more people should fear as far as movement exotics go.Ā 

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Confirms Sloane is back

They confirmed that with a Season of the Deep teaser pic in the TWAB a week or two back.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

They confirmed that with a Season of the Deep teaser pic in the TWAB a week or two back.

There were plenty of folks who thought it was someone else

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There were plenty of folks who thought it was someone else

Seriously? That just throws me as it was so blatantly obviously her. Kind of shocked anyone would disagree with the lore masters who all said Sloane.Ā 

I think a lot of it was people who didn't like the character of Sloane hoping it was someone else (so basically they were just in denial)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

I catch and kill other Hunters far more easily than I do Titans and to a lesser extent Warlocks (thank goodness so many want to fly).Ā 

It took nearly a year for people to figure out how to use Blink again semi-decently and for Hunters its stills not that good. Its Blink Warlocks that are problematic.

The movement/speed buff with Stomp-EE5 was helpful but never meta/game breaking as Hunters were still slower than the other classes even on permanent up time. Honestly, its probably Dragon's Show more people should fear as far as movement exotics go.

To be fair, any Hunter mains who skipped D1 and cut their teeth on D2 had never used Blink before in their lives if they didn't also experiment with a Void Warlock.

And yeah, the Stomp-EE5 meta was never game breaking.Ā Ā  People on console who bitch about that stuff just don't know how to target other players with a controller.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fallout's video teased that the most likely replacement will be Young Ahamkara's Spine

And yeah... Tripmine's can fuck right off.

YAS was my favorite Exotic in D1.Ā  It looked so awesome with a Dustwalker Cloak and the right armor when you combined it with the Chatterwhite shader.

I used to be really good with Tripmine Grenades.

• Like 1

In the name of battery life - I finally turned off rumble (which a lot of creators recommend - which was news to me) and since I was in my settings, I finally turned on Full Auto too.

In some ways - it is like relearning the controls

Looking around - it appears most folks are giving up on Trials

It seems like the cheating has somehow gotten worse and if not cheating it is just Immortal spam

(Obviously the cheating is far worse for the PC players than the folks on consoles)