DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Thought this was an interesting and good take on the current situation with the angry community and streamers who can't leave this stuff behind. In all the years here when people were hate watching WWE its weird that I only now finally have a good answer as to why since Myelin was on point about hard to let go time investment being made with fandoms and whatnot.

It has been interesting seeing the content creator perspective on what to do (especially for those who are heavy PvP) since switching games can completely torch ones living

Gernader Jake quit streaming D2 because of his anger over Trials

Gladd switched to Diablo IV (and played so much he actually made the Top 50 Twitch streamers recently)

Fallout was really struggling because every time he does non-Destiny videos - they tank. Example

Cross I don't really count because he is an admitted troll so he will always be able to feed off people's anger in one way or another (plus he has started doing more reaction videos to other people's PVP rants - see his response to Gladd)

OH! Saying all those names reminded me

So they put out the schedule for Meet & Greets for GSX and Datto is the only person doing solo 8 hour Meet & Greets both days

So lots of teasing to Datto that they are not letting him leave and he has to sleep at the table.

Gladd is doing one 8 hour solo. Everyone else is paired with someone and for half the time

(Some of the pairings are Fallout and Cross, Byf and Leopard and Mr Fruit and Rhabby)

I don't know how I feel about Cross taking one simple tweet as confirmation so he can name names

I mean most folks could put two and two together but that is a big fucking leap - especially when Bungie was going out of their way to maintain confidentiality

Speaking of dmg - he officially announced this morning that his new job is working with RIOT as Principal Global Community Strategist specifically for Valorant

• Like 1

In today's TWAB - they announced that they will be "updating" the cost of Masterworking things

More details will be provided next week in a Developer Insight

Finished all the Solstice stuff though I have the bug where I can't get full credit because one of the armor pieces is bugged

Not gonna bother with gilding

Probably for the best as I am still setting up my new place and I will be out of town next weekend

The reprised Raid will launch on Friday Sept 1

48 contest mode as has been the norm recently

Commence the bitching about how people will need to take off of work

The economic changes are basically they are increasing the cap on Ascendant Shards, Ascendant Alloys and Enhancement Prism

The catch is they will no longer go to your postmaster if your inventory is at max (it will act like Glimmer does and just vanish into the Ether)

Other random things of note

• Veil Containment stuff will continue for the remaining weeks of this season and apparently will have some unlocks in the next two seasons too
  • They will allow you to use your sparrow in Bonfire Bash next week
  • With Presage becoming part of the Exotic Mission Rotator - Dead Man's Tale will become craftable and will be removed from Xur's inventory (since it will be a drop the week Presage is active)

I'm good with the changes for Shards, Alloy, and Prisms. I was getting too damn many and basically forced myself to use them up to make room. Hardcores and those looking to bitch are the only ones annoyed by it. 

DMT becoming craftable next season was expected. They admitted it and Hawkmoon would be be eventually. Figured it would happen when they added a rotator for exotic missions. Curious how many other end up in similar positions. 

Glad BB will add sparrows.

Curious just how big Veil Containment is. Figured it would just be a season thing.

Edited by Eivion

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Curious just how big Veil Containment is. Figured it would just be a season thing.

I am thinking more and more it is going to be how they link Lightfall into Final Shape (ie: final cutscene, event etc...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8HX1hXzwA&pp=ygUJYXp0ZWNyb3Nz

Only about 2/3 through, but its interesting hearing about how the PvE and PvP sandboxes work for weapons. Apparently a good deal of oppressive weapons in PvP only feel that way due to usage opposed to how good they actually are. Immortal is outside of top 5 in reality. HCs haven't really been dethroned in the PvP meta despite the nerfs and usage of other weapons going up. The stuff that has been nerfed heavily are the ones that did surpass it for a while like Graviton Lance recently and DMT. I just wish DMT would get a PvE buff. I really enjoyed using it there.

• Like 1

What activities on Neptune is there to do if you don’t have Lightfall (or any expansion)? None, right? I didn’t even see any public events listed when I checked last night.

Guess I gotta do Vanguard Ops and Gambit matches 😩

11 hours ago, Casey said:

What activities on Neptune is there to do if you don’t have Lightfall (or any expansion)? None, right? I didn’t even see any public events listed when I checked last night.

Guess I gotta do Vanguard Ops and Gambit matches 😩

I thought you could still run around Neptune doing patrols and thus being able to do public events and Lost Sectors (I don't know if you would be able to do the Terminal Overload stuff)

Public events do seem to spawn less frequently on Neptune

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Buckle up

State of the Game tomorrow 

BTW - I am deeply deeply entertained at this coming out today with so many folks at GCX

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I thought you could still run around Neptune doing patrols and thus being able to do public events and Lost Sectors (I don't know if you would be able to do the Terminal Overload stuff)

Public events do seem to spawn less frequently on Neptune

Unless one of the patches in the last few weeks fixed it, patrols and the Vex Incursion Zone didn’t count towards the Solstice event. Lost Patrols do larger percentages, and the rare public event only does like 5% each time.

I believe Terminal Overload is exclusive to Lightfall owners.

I normally wouldn’t even care but I need 3 kindling and only 3 challenges left. Neptune, 10 Gambit matches, and the title progression thing or whatever. Ugh 😩

Okay - yeah - I didn't realize you meant for credit to the Solstice stuff

Yeah - Terminal Overload doesn't count for it

The strike counts for like 33% each time but I am assuming you can't launch that directly since you don't have Lightfall