DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Since I haven't done them myself - I am going by what the Content creators say and frequently that is that GoA was the longest

Granted power level will tweak how much one can blast through a dungeon now

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since I haven't done them myself - I am going by what the Content creators say and frequently that is that GoA was the longest

Granted power level will tweak how much one can blast through a dungeon now

I can't really see this. The Eternity dungeon I'm forgetting the name of has a massive desert space and massive sparrow space that are easily bigger than than Grasp's largest space in sparrow race section which you can actually run through rather quickly. Grasp is one of the longer dungeons, but its not the longest or hardest. 

RIP everyone planning on using that in the Raid next week

That was never making it to the raid. Thought it was weird how powerful Weavewalk was going off of all the creators vids about it. Was way too powerful, especially when compared to Hunter invis. Curious if Banner of War's potency might be bugged as well. At the very least its definitely getting a nerf.

I assume Malfeasance will be disabled for the Raid next week since its bugged as well. 

Edited by Eivion

so is there an easy way to get the Starfire Protocol armor piece or is it a completely random drop from exotic engrams? The Phoenixfall ornament is sick and one of the few things I’m willing to spend real money on, fashion wise.

I read that Xur has it on the weekends or something? I’m assuming in the treasure chests, if that’s even true.

Your best options are to run Legendary Lost Sectors or a lot of Vex Incursions on Neomuna. The Lost Sectors lend some weight towards exotics you don't have already, but nothing is guaranteed. Vex Incursions on the other hand guarantee you exotics and go for ones you don't have first before repeats drop.

• Thanks 1

To clarify - you would grind Legendary Lost Sectors on a day where the reward is an exotic chest piece

Otherwise - yeah you are at the mercy of RNG from the world pool or Xur selling it

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To clarify - you would grind Legendary Lost Sectors on a day where the reward is an exotic chest piece

Otherwise - yeah you are at the mercy of RNG from the world pool or Xur selling it

I don’t mind doing either of those, but say I wanted to buy it from Xur. Is it a particular chest in the treasure room or what? I actually like Dares of Eternity so it’s not a big deal for me (and I’m off this weekend cuz Starfield).

Never done a Legendary Lost Sector or a Vex Incursion, should be interesting 😂

The buying it from Xur method means waiting for the version that shows up on the weekend - not the Dares one

Xur might sell it outright - or you buy exotic engrams from him and hope for the best

I still have yet to do a Vex Incursion - my luck is terrible since they are random occurrences. That being said - they supposedly upped the frequency of them (I have yet to have the time to test this out)

The older the Lost Sector - the easier it is. So honestly - I would wait for the ones either on the EDZ, Cosmodrome or Nessus to show up.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I still have yet to do a Vex Incursion - my luck is terrible since they are random occurrences. That being said - they supposedly upped the frequency of them (I have yet to have the time to test this out)

Don't know how well the frequency is normally, but I can say to never try and do it when Terminal Overload is in the same area. Overload seems to override any chance for Incursion to start.

Apparently PC Gamer did an interview with Joe Blackburn. Saw a few vids talking about it. The big things:

• Final Shape is 7 missions at first. The final 8th mission which finishes the Light-Darkness Saga doesn't happen until the raid is beaten. This is seemingly how everyone gets to experience the end.
  • Strand was never meant for Witchqueen despite the conspiracy theories and slight connections. 
  • They don't know yet if we are keeping Episodes or if they are getting Vaulted like seasons tend to be. The space issue is seemingly never ending, and they try to balance and increase it regularly. 
  • They also don't know if we see another reprised raid next year. Going to guess yes if only so they can please people with Wrath of the Machine.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Strand was never meant for Witchqueen despite the conspiracy theories and slight connections. 

Saw a story about this yesterday and all the comments about this topic were the usual HE IS LYING! I AM A GRAPHIC DESIGNER!!! THEY REUSE ASSESTS ALL THE TIME!!! THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER CHOOSEN THAT COLOR!!!! etc...

I hate the internet

• Sad 1

I watched Fallout's video reading the Blackburn interview and to me the most interesting part is that they basically said they are gonna start targeting PvP for the Hardcores and make it more of an optional thing for everyone else (Which you could argue the first step was this season where making it just do 9 things in whatever you want)

I get what they are going for and its worth a shot but part of me thinks the complaints about wait times trying to find a match aren't going away

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Saw a story about this yesterday and all the comments about this topic were the usual HE IS LYING! I AM A GRAPHIC DESIGNER!!! THEY REUSE ASSESTS ALL THE TIME!!! THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER CHOOSEN THAT COLOR!!!! etc...

I hate the internet

I will say the reality is probably more nuanced. When Luke Smith was still in charge the second Darkness class was absolutely planned for Witch Queen. The thing is said class probably wasn't Strand, and WQ probably hadn't even been scripted yet before Smith was ousted/promoted away from the game itself.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I watched Fallout's video reading the Blackburn interview and to me the most interesting part is that they basically said they are gonna start targeting PvP for the Hardcores and make it more of an optional thing for everyone else (Which you could argue the first step was this season where making it just do 9 things in whatever you want)

I get what they are going for and its worth a shot but part of me thinks the complaints about wait times trying to find a match aren't going away

I don't see wait times improving until the PS4/XB1 gen is left behind, and I say that as one of those people still on PS4.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Gambit is better than Crucible fight me

I like it more than Crucible. Unfortunately the community shat on it hard after Season of the Drifter years back leading to the eventual abandonment you see now.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Hey, wait a minute - Rahool has the Phoenix Protocol armor!

Only reason I didn't mention Rahool was I couldn't remember if you could focus for a specific piece or not and wanted to check first

.... And then I forgot when I got home

• Haha 2

The things being disabled for the Raid

• Tessellation Exotic Fusion Rifle
  • Warlock Weavewalk Aspect (currently disabled in all raids and PvP activities)
  • Titan Banner of War Aspect
  • Foetracer Exotic Hunter Helmet
  • Elemental Munitions Mod

Tessellation has a very simple glitch where you basically can forever consume your grenade to get the one uber bonus shot.

I don't know what is up with Foetracer or the Elemental Munitions mod but Banner of War getting turned off isn't shocking

I knew Banner of War would be disabled. For an average D2 player it works quite well. For players who play contest mode Raids its absolutely broken with Datto basically saying he was immortal with it. You hear the combo of annoyed at Banner's ridiculousness and fun in his voice when talking about it.

What I'm surprised about is Malfeasance being okayed. Guess they figure its too much of a hassle to for any crew to try bring out the full potential of it. Never played or seen Crota's End so the mechanics may also make not worth disabling.

Apparently the Ghally nerf is a bug they may keep as they were already looking to slightly nerf it.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know what is up with Foetracer or the Elemental Munitions mod but Banner of War getting turned off isn't shocking

Watching Cross's vid right now. Apparently Foetracer works with surge mods, and he has purposefully avoided reviewing it in hopes it wouldn't get generally disabled.

The Overload HC Mod is only turned off for the raid

However - they also added the following things

• Frenzied Stacks Artifact Mod
  • All Ammo Reserve Mods
  • All Font Armor Charge Mods

All of those are being turned off game wide