DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

On 11/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, RIPPA said:

There is new story stuff this week because there is a new Imbaru Engine

Did this last night. That was a nice way to tend the season and harken back to the Dreaming City. Legit wasn't sure if they would go back to it before The Final Shape. Hopefully the weapons get a refresh. It is kind of amusing and sad that its another Dreaming City season that is going to go ridiculously long due to delays. Wonder if they finish the season up with in normal range or if they make us wait until TFS is on the horizon like they did with Witch Queen.

Forgot to mention,

Spoiler

I like that our guardian is the one who actually discovers the final wish. Just feels right with how so many players were trying to figure out it years back.

Edited by Eivion

Yeah its always weird jarring to come back to a game after giving your full attention to another for several weeks. I've had times where I've tried to use VATS in Destiny and others where I tried to use the jump buttons for D2 in Fallout.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently in a press release Bungie sent out today - they are still claiming Final Shape is coming out Feb 27, 2024

Take that for what its worth

I think they are still deliberating on a delay. My guess is they don't actually have to and on some level realize there is nothing they can do to The Final Shape that would truly improve it from good to great in just 4 months. I think the real reason they are considering delays may be Episodes. They have to realize on some level those need to be a decent bit bigger and more interesting than seasons if they want the game to live on. Especially if they stop doing annual expansions

So I see in today's TWAB that next season's exotic is a revamped Dragon's Breath (I have been out of the loop the last few weeks so this might have already been announced)

Nah, people knew it was coming, but the assumption was it was going to be in The Final Shape since it was shown in the trailer for it. In hindsight the part with Dragon's Breath did take place in the Dreaming City. That was probably a hint the community just didn't pick up.

It was weird checking my triumphs and realizing the GMs I completed for the season were somehow all the harder ones in Heist Battlegrounds. That is just weird. Then again I was mostly only after newer weapons though I might do this week's just to have an adept Loaded Question.

In game LFG will be a public beta. If all goes well it launches in full late January. Was apparently one of those situations where they either had to do a public beta test or wait forever to get everything right.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this-week-in-destiny-11-22-23

This week's TWID is a long one. Only just started reading, but Solar, Stasis, and Strand will be the focus next season. Sidearms, HCs, Bows, ARs, & PRs for Champion mods. Also we are finally getting a anti-champ RL mod. They surprisingly went with Overload. Figured it would be Barrier or Unstoppable. 

Edit: Watching Cross's vid over the TWID since it came about when I was barely in. 

• The artifact mods feel like a major boon for Solar and a solid one for Strand and Stasis. Season of the Wish armor will have some effects on the stronger mods.
  • Healing abilities are getting a slight nerf.
  • Banner Titans are finally getting a slight nerf. As are Bonk Titans.
  • Shoulder Charge and the Hunter/Warlock Arc equivalents are getting a nerf in PvP as well.
  • Well of Radiance and Ward of Dawn get increased cooldowns. Its minor for now. Harder nerfs are coming down the line which we all kind of expected.
  • Stasis is seeing a lot of small buffs in things like detonation size, projectile speeds, cooldown reductions, etc. Special Weapons do extra damage to frozen targets. Some fragments had their status penalties removed. At least one positive change got moved to a different fragment.
  • A woven mail/overshield Stasis equivalent is being worked on along with more changes to fragments.
  • Ophidia Spade gives bonus knife damage.
  • St0mp-EE5 seem to be more or less back to pre-nerf and I enjoy Cross' saltiness over it. Guessing this happened because they realized with the nerfs Hunters were still killing people in PvP about as much as normal. 
  • Triton Vice got a Surrounded buff that is 100%+ melee damage in Pve and PvP. Again the saltiness from Cross feeds my inner troll.
  • Synthoceps had some of its glaive nerf back tracked so Cross's saltiness is down a bit.
  • 10-second cooldowns for Heavy Handed, Firepower, and Reaper mods
  • Ability uptime mods got nerfs
Edited by Eivion

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Titans got absolutely screwed 

I feel like every time Titans claim they get screwed they end up perfectly fine or better. Its just Bonk Titans which had been hilariously overpowered for at least a year or so now that got nerfed to any decent degree. 

Edited by Eivion

Caught Cross's vid on it, and I'm watching Datto's seasonal ending vid right now. Apparently Bungie had a meeting with content creators right before dropping the delay news officially. 

Good on Joe for delivering the news and update. I wish the rest of Bungie's leadership was decent and invested as him.

Into the Light could be interesting. I'm guessing it will be a cliff notes versions with tons narration and curated missions from all of D2's major stories up until Lightfall and maybe even D1 as well. Basically the massive catch up mechanic Destiny has long lacked.

I'm still curious what an extra four months can truly do to help them make The Final Shape even better than wherever it was already at. Expansions are typically worked on for a good year or more so an extra four months doesn't seem like enough.

Edited by Eivion

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm still curious what an extra four months can truly do to help them make The Final Shape even better than wherever it was already at. Expansions are typically worked on for a good year or more so an extra four months doesn't seem like enough.

As folks have pointed out - the "worrying" thing is that either the extra content is being pulled forward out of Final Shape (which means technically less bang for your buck) or folks who should be fully concentrating on these improvements to Final Shape are instead having to crank out the extra content.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As folks have pointed out - the "worrying" thing is that either the extra content is being pulled forward out of Final Shape (which means technically less bang for your buck) or folks who should be fully concentrating on these improvements to Final Shape are instead having to crank out the extra content.

With Blackburn confirming the majority of the Destiny team is still working on Final Shape, its probably safer to guess the former than latter. Maybe some Episode content is being pulled forward. I still somewhat suspect they may really be trying to increase Episode content/quality levels, especially the first one. It just makes more sense to do that since it follows immediately after TFS.

The extra content is just the Wishes missions and Into the Light. The former sounded like minor stuff to keep some weekly interest like we saw with the Neomuna background stuff in Season the Deep. Those missions will absolutely just be reusing old content. If Into the Light Is what I think it is I suspect its actually been planned or considered for a while now even before the delay as way for New Lights to catch up and understand what is going on.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I actually wondered if they were gonna try and push someone of the new PvP stuff forward but that doesn’t appear to be the case

I suspected that wouldn't happen. They are on a schedule more specific to their development cycles. Stuff only gets pushed forward when it's ready early. I did appreciate Blackburn confirming the amount of new maps coming in the pack and the locations. 

GJake shared a bit from the Bungie/CC meeting.

• TFS power grind should be a bit different and may potentially be the last one.
  • 5 Iron Banners
  • Bungie's liaison between them and content creators is creating discord for direct contact with content creators.

Looking through collections it seems like we might have another exotic rocket launcher alongside Dragon's Breath as there is a hidden symbol next Dragon's Breath's ornament. Of course that could always be a mistake.

Also looks like the first rocket sidearm is coming from the dungeon.

Craftable weapons are from Vex Offensive and some Riven themed stuff.

Edited by Eivion

Dreaming City weapons did get an update with new perks and origin traits.

I can't tell if the newest Risen Battleground to become a Nightfall is a pain in the ass because of difficulty or really stupid teammates.

Edited by Eivion