DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Didn't think the cheating was that bad, but I haven't been paying too much attention the past couple of weeks. Once I got my Immortal and went Flawless for the first time ever I couldn't really be bothered with Trials as I had too much do do elsewhere in the game. Had a good 14-15 seasonal bounties open when the week started so I needed to finish that up which I mostly did. Now I'm just trying to finish up the title for Guardian Games and train weapons.

Its disappointing cheating is that rampant when Bungie has been suing the pants off fo multiple cheat sites alongside trying to increase their general security. Then again when that started a year or so ago the cheaters did seem to come out harder than ever just because they were pissed at getting caught. The time and money people will put in just to be assholes sometimes is impressively frightening. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Spent time this weekend to finish the Lightfall campaign on my Warlock. Realized I probably should have Strand unlocked before the new season starts.

Just have to beat Calus today and that will be done.

I am definitely gonna pay the Silver to skip the story on my Hunter. No way I do this a 3rd fucking time

• Like 1

Ugh...

I will now spend the rest of the day grinding for Strand meditations since I fucking forgot you have to rebuy all the fucking fragments

The login screen is telling me to stay on it until services stabilize. Kind of screws up my plans for the afternoon.

Decided to look around twitter, the trailer, and watch a patch notes vid from Aztecross.

Glad the weapons are Taken themed. Nice to see Spare Rations back in some form though I never had the same level of attachment others did to it. I'm more excited for the Taken katana.

Last Wish weapons are apparently craftable. 

Fishing is a thing.

The new Warlock and Hunter exotic armor pieces look so damn basic though I do like their perks. Its nice that they feed into seasonal weapons. The Hunter exotic could make glaives worth using if only for add control. Titan exotic sounds fine.

Seasonal 6-person activity is another Drifter lead mission.

We now have an icon to indicate legend/master lost sectors for the day.

Auto melee is now an option.

Special ammo crafted weapons gain faster kill progression.

Apparently the Marsilion-C GL was never craftable so they removed it from the pattern list. That would have been nice to know last season as I kept hoarding them for the deepsight change they added this season.

Edit: Took around 20 minutes for the game to finally let me in. 

Edited by Eivion

Well fuck, we really are swimming, in methane no less. My sympathies go out to Byf and other with his condition. 

Apparently we have 2 Spare Rations. One a the original, and the other a Taken 120 variant.

Edit: Looks like Quicksilver Storm is available to all Lightfall owners now. That or a big glitch is going on. 

Ikora seems to be offering exotic armor quests. 

Looks like the Taken seasonal weapons are all different variants of Reckoning weapons which are mostly returning. They can even use the ornaments with taken effects still applied. Still can't help but be disappointed as they didn't return Lonesome or Gnawing Hunger. I assume if they are back in some new form it will be under the dungeon and annoying as fuck to get.

Speaking of which it looks like we are getting a new exotic rifle from the dungeon going from collections tab for exotic weapon ornaments.

Edited by Eivion

That is a pity.

Finished up the weekly mission. Nothing outstanding but generally fun. The swimming mechanics are somewhat sensible and nothing we actually have to fight in, for better or worse. 

Titan isn't back in full or even like the Leviathan. Everything is basically being done via the seasonal activities (there are two) and weekly missions. I'm kind of ok with this as I kind of found Titan boring after so many years despite enjoying it. The only thing I might have liked back was an updated Savathun's song. I prefer we explore these newer parts. Would be nice if they were proper a exploratiable destination, but Bungie is probably never giving us those outside of expansions.

It is good to see and listen to Sloane again.

The new Strand Aspect quest is nothing amazing. There are probably some decent lore bits there, but nothing super noteworthy at first listen. I'm sure Byf or Myelin found some good stuff and will enlighten all soon enough. The handcannon that comes with it is interesting as it works like ritual weapon. Not sure how I feel about that. 

The usual seasonal unlocks for bonuses were added to the the seasonal quest board. Less time gating involved, and they count towards the big seasonal bounty at the end. They did up that one from 72 to 76 so nothing super unreasonable there yet.

Edited by Eivion

I got through doing Salvage for the first time before having to call it a night

It is good to see that with absolutely no mods - my Titan strand build is still really strong (just my Shackle timer is really slow at the moment but obviously I can fix that)

Make sure you go see Ikora - she has exotic quests for 3 random older pieces of armor. Each on tied to a subclass (Like for Titans - the Arc one gives Dunemarchers, the Void gives HOIL and I think the Solar one gives Lorelei)

Also a warning - per Byf - one of the big story cutscenes for later in the season has already been datamined and posted on Youtube

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It wouldn't be a new season without the new patch breaking something and maintenance getting extended

Reminds me of the early days of EverQuest.  You couldn't play for a week after a new patch because it broke so many things in the game.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

The new Strand Aspect quest is nothing amazing. There are probably some decent lore bits there, but nothing super noteworthy at first listen. I'm sure Byf or Myelin found some good stuff and will enlighten all soon enough. The handcannon that comes with it is interesting as it works like ritual weapon. Not sure how I feel about that. 

One of the devs replied to Byf that there are weekly story beats around the quest/aspects so we will get to play through more stuff in regards to this quest.

Unclear what the rewards will be (if any)

Osiris admitted straight up he gave no fucks about the cult worshiping him so it makes sense. Still so damn wonderfully cold. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

One of the devs replied to Byf that there are weekly story beats around the quest/aspects so we will get to play through more stuff in regards to this quest.

Unclear what the rewards will be (if any)

I heard there should be a GL matching the handcannon. Its definitely part of a set as it has an origin trait that is base specifically on sing two of the weapons together. Was wondering how we would get them. This explains it. Glad its not just a one-off. 

Edited by Eivion

I really appreciate the pun names for all the fish. I am a simple man

I am was amused that I got the triumph for catching an Exotic fish before I even fished for the first time.

I was collecting bait as part of the quest and I was in the Outskirts so I was near the fishing spot and someone must have caught an Exotic so I assume the triumph popped for everyone

• Like 1

I rage quit out of the Parting the Veil quest because I got body blocked off a ledge by a Taken one too many times

EDIT

I joined in with a guy looking for help - and we nuked the boss in 20 seconds.

This game is weird

I could tell the second I heard him speak. Not that I wasn't excited for Final Shape before, but damn does that make it feel too far away. Wonder if that is a norm or if it only happens to select Guardians.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I rage quit out of the Parting the Veil quest because I got body blocked off a ledge by a Taken one too many times

EDIT

I joined in with a guy looking for help - and we nuked the boss in 20 seconds.

This game is weird

I beat him on the last shot before I would have rage quit. It was a frustrating encounter because it was one of those bosses I could tell would be nuked by a team while being annoying as fuck on solo. They were smart/evil making it a massive Tormentor like in Hypernet Current. 

Edited by Eivion

This has nothing to do with 2, but the Complete Collection of the first game went on sale for the first time in like, 5-6 years, so I grabbed that.

Looks like this’ll be my new obsession of the PS5 for awhile.

Also tangential but it is interesting what Marathon means for the future of Destiny PvP

A lot - and I mean A LOT - of the PvP folks came to Destiny via Halo via Marathon and appear ready to jump ship to Marathon the second they can (especially once they made the announcement there would be dedicated servers 🤣)

Obviously PvP is not going anywhere at least through the end of Final Shape but a lot of folks realized yesterday that Bungie put their best PvP devs on Marathon so they took that as another sign that PvP is just gonna kinda exist for another 18 months.

I have no idea what it really means but it will be interesting

On 5/24/2023 at 6:18 PM, RIPPA said:

https://youtu.be/gGa8K-yQr8k

Umm....

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Fucking hell...

Bringing back Cayde will not make me feel any different about Crow.  

Here's hoping that there is a cutscene where Cayde is like "No hard feelings, but this is personal and I have to get this out of the way." 

Then Cayde shoots Crow with his ice hand cannon thingie and they shake hands after Crow's ghost brings him back.

Then Crow says, "I totally understand why you had to do that just now."

Then Cayde shoots him again.  "The first bullet was for me.  The second one was for Sundance."

Edited by J.T.