DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

A game engine swap will only make the code bloat issues even worse since the mechanics that are already developed are tied to the engine they're currently nested on.

If you want to make Destiny better, you need to make D3. 

Listening to Byf's latest lore vid on the Cyrtarachne's helm for Hunters really makes me want to check out Neptune's moons. Apparently Neomunis found evidence of Elksni/Fallen having crashed there and gotten into some sort of fight with the local spider/centipede? people. They might only be of cavemen level intelligence, but I just want to see new races, enemies or otherwise. 

Playing just a little Trials the past couple of weeks and a decent bit of IB this week I have to say the current matchmaking kind of sucks. I mean its nice that matchmaking is sped up somewhat, but I definitely keep getting put with terrible players and/or people who just don't like to do the objectives for this specific IB mode. Also not sure the Fireteam matchmaking aspect is working as intended either. Despite rarely seeing more than two clanmates on a opposing team it was obvious in a few of those case we were fighting proper fireteams of some sort. Who knows, maybe my team was the same boat and they just sucked. The system also may be be a little too gungho to start things with my last match taking place on one of the worst maps (Disjunction) while being 2 people short the first few minutes. Like I think I only won maybe one game today, and I had to have played at least 7-10. I was either the highest or among the highest in all but 2 of those games. I am not good enough to carry 4-5 people in control+turrets. I wish SBMM was back or at least implemented to some loose degree as well. At the very least I wish the system would realize my ass is average and toss me a couple of good players as well. My K/D is 1.3, not super impressive. 

Edited by Eivion

IB surprisingly went so much better for me last night than it did earlier last week. I think i only lost 1-2 games out of 7-9. I think I only wasn't the highest during one or two of those games. And one of the ones I lost was because I came in late. Those poor bastards clearly didn't have enough people before me and one other person were added though I did manage to keep it from being a mercy. Damn were many of those games so close save the one my team mercy'ed another. Actually one of my losses was stupid close to the point where I suspect the scoring got messed up just a pinch. As much as I complained about matchmaking (which still sucks for Trials), I am convinced now there are just more people who finally figured out how to properly play Fortress mode. Its the IB mode I enjoy most so it is nice to see more people having some idea of what they are doing. I do still wish they included kills even if its not a part of the scoring. 

It is interesting as I saw far less defensive supers this go around in IB (I did both my Titan and Warlock)

Yeah, there was far less "3 people dropping a Bubble at the same time" and more folks using supers to capture B to get the 2-1 advantage

Granted there are some maps where Fortress is just shitty

I was pleasantly surprised to see people not go crazy with bubbles and wells. They were still used, but it wasn't so centered on turret drops. Honestly they wer eplayed smarter in general which is probably why things were so close half the time. 

I do agree about shitty maps for Fortress. They really need to keep some maps away from specific modes in general as they clearly were not designed for it and work against it. Disjunction+anything Control based for instance is just terrible. It was made for 6v6 Rift and Clash. Just leave it for those. 

Edited by Eivion

I finally remembered to go to Nimbus and collect my stuff for finishing the campaign on Legendary.

Of course the Cadmus Ridge Lancecap's I got have a great roll and I will literally never use them

I got a promotion at my job. So I was focused on that and less on Destiny. I just a couple days ago did the mission where Amanda died. I think it would probably hit you guys harder since I been playing since Forsaken and she never did much until now. You guys have a lot more history with her. Still sad though. 

I am unclear when I got decent at Iron Banner but I went from having like a 0.7 k/d to a 1.7 this week. I must have been playing less skilled players. I am better but not that much better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I am unclear when I got decent at Iron Banner but I went from having like a 0.7 k/d to a 1.7 this week. I must have been playing less skilled players. I am better but not that much better.

Based on your comments - I think this was your first time playing with the new Skills Based Matchmaking - which theoretically puts you against players your same skill level.

However - as long as you are competent, you should be better than the majority of people you are paired with. (You do get outliers - especially if they are rolling as a Duo)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Based on your comments - I think this was your first time playing with the new Skills Based Matchmaking - which theoretically puts you against players your same skill level.

However - as long as you are competent, you should be better than the majority of people you are paired with. (You do get outliers - especially if they are rolling as a Duo)

Isn't the current system fireteam based matchmaking?

I honestly can't remember - like they just changed some of the modes today with the latest patch

Side note - since we were talking about Disjunction and 3 v 3 mode. Them putting Disjunction in the fan vote for next Trials map makes me slap my knee

Listened to Aztecross go over the changes earlier and am listening to Datto right now. I think they are mostly good though some of the PvP stuff annoyed me. Knives for Hunters are nowhere near as strong as they seem to think especially considering both Warlock and Titans have one shot melees that require zero skill.

Was a bit annoyed at Aztecross talking about Titans being slower than other classes which is straight up bullshit. Hunters are the slowest class in movement and melee speed. I just want a small buff in that area.

Will say I wish they would give Hunters a third melee ability option opposed to smoke and snare bombs though the weaken length getting buffed is nice.

edit: Did Bungie ever say anything about energy exotics not working with Volatile Flow in high end content, specifically why? Seems rather dumb.

Edited by Eivion

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel so stupid for only figuring out today why Titans were dominating Guardian Games

Because so many people forgot or don't know Reddick was actually a Warlock main?

Edited by Eivion

15 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Because so many people forgot or don't know Reddick was actually a Warlock main?

While he is a Warlock main everyone is going to equate him to a Titan

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not having a mercy rule in Supremacy is one of the more baffling decisions I have seen Bungie make

That threw me off in a couple of my matches yesterday.

Usually it isn't too bad but like today - I was dropped into a match where clearly most of the other team had quit out.

It was 50 something to 8 and the team I was put on only had 2 players

I think the match finished 150-30 since people would quit as soon as they got put on the losing team.

Since I was just doing it to finish a Platinum card I didn't really care - but it is fucking tedious

So...it finally happened. After 2-3 years, hell has frozen over officially. I hit Flawless. On a Mercy card...without being Mercy'ed no less. Was totally carried the last two games, serving as nothing more than a distraction, but yeah it happened. Was neat finally getting to hit the Lighthouse. That has to be the most loot I have seen drop at once. I had kind of given up on being able to pull it off before next season changed the Mercy card. Even then I figured it would take a while. It feels a bit weird since I started the night out so poorly and was really only doing this to take advantage of extra Trials points so I could finally get the Immortal. All still feels a bit surreal though i can't lie, I'm feeling pretty damn happy to have actually done it before the change to make things easier came in. It also nice to finally have a Trials memento. Not sure if I will actually use it on a weapon or just keep it. Its just nice to finally knock this off of my Destiny bucket list. 

• Like 1