DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

In the new TWAB - they revealed that in Season of the Deep, there will be a new quest (separate from the main story of Season of the Deep) that will unlock three new strand aspects (one for each class)

You also get a legendary Hand Cannon. Apparently it will be based on exploring Neomuna to learn more about the Veil

They are also pushing back the start of IB

The patch to fix the invisibility bug is going live next Thursday (3/16). IB was supposed to start Tuesday

So they are gonna flip flop IB and Trials of Osiris

IB will now start 3/21

ITEMS DISABLED FOR CONTEST MODE AND WORLD FIRST 
Below is the list of gear, items, and weapons that will be disabled during the Root of Nightmares World First race and Contest Mode. Traits and functionality on the following items will be nullified within the raid, with additional negative impacts to Power levels if equipped. 

Weapons  

Grand Overture Exotic Machine Gun
Fighting Lion Exotic Grenade Launcher 
Winterbite Exotic Glaive 
Jötunn Exotic Fusion Rifle
Hierarchy of Needs Exotic Bow

Armor and Mods 

Citan's Ramparts Titan Exotic Gauntlets 
Thread of Ascent Strand Fragment (will also be disabled across the entire game)
Empowered Finish Armor Mod

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You also get a legendary Hand Cannon. Apparently it will be based on exploring Neomuna to learn more about the Veil

Apparently it a handcannon that was used in some Lightfall/Defiance promo material. Some are bitching releasing next season. Wonder if whatever quest they have set for it was bugged because it is weird how we aren't learning more about the Veil until next season. 

I get the Winterbite being disabled as it super strong for Titans and a particular exotic armor they have. I'm confused on Hierarchy. Hadn't heard anything about it being bugged/broken.

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm confused on Hierarchy. Hadn't heard anything about it being bugged/broken.

This one and Citan's apparently where new ones that people don't know why (at least yet) there are issues

Another bug seems to be the Void/Volatile artifact perks not working with Graviton Lance. I noticed it last night when i took it into Partition. Bungie and others don't seem to notice which probably says how little the weapon is used. Its sad seeing that its actually pretty good, particularly with volatile rounds proced. 

Edited by Eivion

A little disappointed that I am going to be missing a decent chunk of the raid race today between work and then having to drive home.

Granted I doubt it will be over by the time I get home but still.

Side note - you need to watch a minimum of 2 hours on Twitch if you want to get the free emblems.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This one and Citan's apparently where new ones that people don't know why (at least yet) there are issues

Okay - had to read through Reddit but HoN was bugged to where it somehow it was doing insane damage (the one YT video posted - folks were doing 1.35 million damage on one shot on the Ogre in GoA)

Citan's is a little harder to pinpoint. I think it is because somehow a Citan's barricade has WAY more health than intended (there is also apparently a thing where if you shoot Wish Ender through a Citan's barricade it gets a 66% damage increase but that has apparently been around for awhile)

• Like 1

Its not saltegreppo either

But I am already enjoying how PISSED randos watching Twitch are that someone beat the raid in basically 2 1/2 hours

• Haha 1

The encounter mechanics were leaked. I would have been shocked had no one did beat it in less than 3 hours. 

Last I checked Datto was at Nezarec and Cross was at some sort of planetary encounter. Its kind of sad since Cross actually beat Datto to said encounter. I guess Datto's team just figured out the mechanics faster. 

Edited by Eivion

Apparently it was Roen's group who got World's First (they were third in Vow)

I just got home and Datto's group almost has Nezarec beat so they are almost done (basically they should have beaten him last try but bad luck on a death right before Last Stand screwed them)

Datto's team just beat it and there is a bug that didn't let the fireteam leave

They had to end up leaving individually

It looks like they are 6 or 7 (they are also happy for the team that won it)

EDIT - Punz was on the winning team and that is what is making Math Class happy

Nothing obvious has opened up but we do have a new cinematic upon choosing a character with Osiris summarizing the raid now that its been beating. 

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Datto's team just beat it and there is a bug that didn't let the fireteam leave

They had to end up leaving individually

It looks like they are 6 or 7 (they are also happy for the team that won it)

Glad they beat it. They kept coming so close when i watching 20 minutes ago, but I got impatient and logged into the game. 

Edit: Have to say looking at the Hunter raid armor set it always fascinates how ugly the raid armor almost always is while also being something very unique. Like I respect the attempt to make something different that stands out, but how is it always so terrible looking. I suppose it works out in my favor though as someone who doesn't run raids. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

The estimate in the chat that Datto's team was Top 10 was comically off

But they are also one of the teams that wants zero info on what is going on during the raid (while I know some of these teams definitely stream snipe)

Checking in on other streams

Cross is Nezerac but hasn't figured out mechanics yet

Fallout is still at the planet room thingy

Mr Fruit and the Dream Team are also at the planet thingy

Sweatcicle finished and is about to start a 2nd run

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Why?

The general consensus is that it was far too easy

A lot of it - which has been building the last few raids - is that we have power creeped beyond what Bungie can actually design a Raid to be challenging for.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The general consensus is that it was far too easy

A lot of it - which has been building the last few raids - is that we have power creeped beyond what Bungie can actually design a Raid to be challenging for.

The mechanics for encounters were leaked. It also makes sense that people who have been doing raid puzzles for years would eventually be able to figure this stuff out more easily over time. From what I have seen it was rarely combat that made raids so hard as much as figuring out mechanics did. The hard combat version is supposed to be the master variants that come out later.