DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Edit - I should note that it is so big that Byf is losing his mind over it

Finally listened to Byf's vid. Damn was he annoyed. Its probably the most angry yet sensible chastising I have seen Bungie get during this past week of angry streamer vids. The reveal was a great bit of story, but Byf was not wrong in that it should have been in Lightfall's campaign. It was very much the context we were missing back then.

I also appreciated his telling anyone who wants to harass Devs over this to basically get fucked at the end.

• Like 1

Just caught that vid. Datto continues to be the best at vids like this because he understands nuance and doesn't try to take this stuff personally like a good 80% or more of the community does. Cross wasn't mostly wrong in his vid per say, but he spoke way too much from the perspective of a player who is only thinking from their POV. Never really asks why Bungie does what it does. Datto has it right that most of the microtransaction stuff is not really made for the community as a whole. None of it will ever get cheaper as long as those can afford it and are willing to pay for it keep buying things. Personally I'm ok settling with stuff I can pick up in engrams and bright dust. I think I have only paid money for silver with a cosmetic in mind once. The few other silver purchases I made were leftovers building from buying the seasons themselves.

Literally the first time I spent silver was this character boost on my Hunter

Heck - I still haven't spent the free 1200 silver they gave me years ago when the game was FUBARed on Xbox

And yes - not being able to buy silver in the exact amount you need is infuriating

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And yes - not being able to buy silver in the exact amount you need is infuriating

Bungie's microtransaction model is the same as everyone else's including Rockstar's (GTA5) and Sega's (Phantasy Star Online).  In-game currency always comes in allotments.  You can never buy the exact amount of in-game currency you want for a specific item.  

The company always wants you to have currency left over and it will never be enough to buy another item.  You'll have to buy more currency and make another in-game purchase if you want to zero out your balance.

Edited by J.T.

I am just gonna mention this here even though its not really Destiny 2 related but there is something deeply entertaining seeing Paul Tassi infuriate the population of an entirely different game (Diablo 4 in case you are wondering)

The season finale was pretty good. We knew that the big ending beat would eventually come back into play, just never how. Will make next season pretty interesting.

This being Reddick's final lines for the series is sad to think about. I really think he was putting in his best work in the series. Was really hoping to hear his words in the Final Shape.

So much like what happened with my Warlock - I realized this weekend that I never did any of Shadowkeep with my Hunter so I hadn't unlocked the Moon.

I had to start blowing through those missions this weekend.

There is less and less for me to do on my Titan since I am at the power cap so it is basically doing the weekly story mission and then flip to my Warlock and Hunter because I need to grind Strand things to unlock all the fragments

Skipped the weekend by chance and ended up playing a good deal of Trials the past 2-3 hours. For the second time ever I have now gone Flawless on a Passage of Mercy. Narly went true flawless, but one of my teammates while talented was clearly doing other shit whenever he was dead or waiting for the next round. Really fucked us over and out of a close match that probably should have ended 5-3 in our favor originally. Annoyed me, but Im happy it didn't take me forever to reach the Lighthouse again. I only wish it wasn;t for the exact same adept weapon I got the first time around, mostly just because I don;t care for it. 

Never change Destiny community

THE GAME IS TOO EASY!!! WE WANT A CHALLENGE!!!!

Say hello to Grandmaster Heist Moon and the new Exotic Challennge/Mission

THIS IS TOO HARD!!! MAKE IT EASIER!!!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Never change Destiny community

THE GAME IS TOO EASY!!! WE WANT A CHALLENGE!!!!

Say hello to Grandmaster Heist Moon and the new Exotic Challennge/Mission

THIS IS TOO HARD!!! MAKE IT EASIER!!!

The sad thing is the Moon isn't that hard as long as your teammates aren't idiots. 

The Boss room of the Exotic mission on the other hand is a bit difficult. The real issue is mostly the timing. I've done it twice and wiped both times. First time was bad luck. The second time was case of the damage phase starting over. Considering the distance and placement of the enemies you need to take out to even damage the boss it was rather shitty of them to make it timed.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If you have been doing the Veil Containment lore every week... well...

this week drops an ENORMOUS lore bomb

I finally did it just an hour ago and watched Myelin's lore vid. That was super unexpected and makes me hope a certain actress has returned to voice more lines. I'm curious how many more Veil Containments there are. Feels like something big lore wise is dropping every other week.

Spoiler

Was always curious if we would ever run into other versions of Maya. Did not think we already had in Lakshmi-2. It gets even funnier to think she was hidden in an exo near us all this time just like Clovis as Banshee.

It is possible that might have been the last one since Osiris made a comment about how he needed to give Ikora an uncomfortable report

Obviously there could be more but it did feel like this was the last one