DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/9 - 1/15/2023

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, EVA said:

You mean fire him again?

I actually have an offline friend who loves Bray and used to constantly text me Fiend shit. He was so excited when Bray came back, but he hasn’t said a word to me about this Uncle Howdy shit in over a month.

I'm a rare Bray Wyatt fan on the board but since he's come back, he's done nothing for me with the exception of his entrance.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Well!  GUNTHER and Braun Strowman!  For the Intercontinental Championship!  (I just noticed how they spell Braun Strowman!  I have been spelling it as BRAWN since he came back!  WILD!)  GUNTHER channels Larry Zbysko early!  Strowman POUNCES in the POUNCE ZONE!  GUNTHER works on the bad shoulder.  I assume Strowman is winning because of the story about his shoes.  I assume it will get a lot more at auction if it's the shoes he wore winning the IC belt.  Plus Vince is back in charge, so GUNTHER is heading back to NXT or maybe the Main Event or maybe OVW.  Imperium attacks but lose to Strowman!  Strowman hits a finisher FOR TWO!  GUNTHER with a Key Lock and Strowman with the KEY LOCK LIFT!  Braun Strowman IS Bob Bachlund~!  Nice Spinebuster by Strowman!  A kinda crappy Lariat by Strowman.  FUN NEARFALL on a BIG Lariat by GUNTHER!  GUNTHER drags Strowman off the toprope and hit a Powerbomb for the win!  GUNTHER now heads to Louisville to take on Mahabali Shera to unify the IC and the OVW belts!  Until Tony Khan takes over and brings in Imperium to beat the Gates of Agony as ROH Trios champions!  That was pretty good!  They didn't actually MESH well but they kept it to things they knew they could do, told a little story with Strowman's shoulder and had a good match.  Xi Li! Tegan Nox!  This is like Keira Hogan versus Skye Blue in that it's good, but not going to be the most heated match of the evening.  They got a good crowd tonight though- and they are weirdly into this match!  Nice Exploider by Li!  Shining Wizard by Tegan Nox for the win!  That was perfectly fine.  I assume sooner or later Bray Wyatt will wrestle and I can stop fast forwarding.  It's Liv Morgan!  I wonder if she is still CRAZY!  Raquel Rodriguez!  She is the fourth best woman wrestler in WWE?  She does VADER better than Rhea Ripley.  Nice Lariat by Raquel!  Morgan IS still CRAZY!  YAY!  Liv Morgan eliminates Raquel from the Royal Rumble!  Though that's not for a couple of weeks!  Raquel hits the STEEL steps!  NEEDS BLOOD!  Morgan brings out a table!  ALLRIGHT!  Raquel Powerbombs Liv and wins!  There is a table sitting there unbroken!  WHAT THE FUCK!  Strange.  That match got over that Liv Morgan will do well in the Royal Rumble and that RAQUEL IS VADER!!!  Charlotte Flair appears to be channeling a bottle of Pepto Bismol!  That was a fun pull apart!  It's Sami Zayn versus Kevin Owens!  Let me look something up on cagematch.net.  Oh man, they have been in the ring together over THREE HUNDRED times.  Owens totally fucking lays it in like he is wrestling an old friend.  TOPE CON HILO by ZAYN!  FUCKING BRAINBUSTER ON THE APRON BY ZAYN!  They punch each other dead in the face to set up a Love Machine Splash by Owens!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB by Zayn!  I love that they are doing Kevin Steen vs El Generico!  Tequila Sunrise Suplex by Zayn!  Owens pops up and hits a Lariat!  Owens hits SWANTON to Zayn's knees!  FOR TWO!  GREAT BRAINBUSTER THINGY OFF THE TOPROPE by Owen!  FOR TWO!  DOUBLE TEQUILA SUNRISE SUPLEXES!  The Usos and Solo Sikoa runs in and ruins a really great match!  The storyline is advanced!  Solo Sikoa puts Owens through the announce table!  I guess they couldn't have Owens putting over Zayn and having Zayn win over Reign's next opponent.  Still sucked.  That was good wad of wrestling overall though.

• Like 3

Gunther/Braun was good stuff. Was neat seeing Gunther chop down Braun over time via arm work and his actual chops. Braun sold everything pretty well and really got the crowd behind him despite the initial awkwardness they had at seeing Braun work from underneath. Only wesk spot wa sprob ably the powerbomb finish not quite hitting as smooth as hoped.

Xia/Tegan was fine while it lasted.

Liv/Raquel was nice and showed off both women's strengths well. 

The Sonya/Charlotte brawl backstage was short and fun. Kind of loved Sonya constantly jumping Charlotte from behind while also yellignto get her off any time things weren't going in her favor.

Sami/KO was damn good stuff. The action was good and stiff with the emotion from both men coming through well. The ending isn't one you want to see end a great match, but it was right for the story going on between Owens, Sami, and the Bloodline. Dug Solo putting KO through the table via running splash. 

Goddamn I love Gunther. Brawn made a fine foe here. Kross speaks with confidence, and this Mysterio angle is being solidly worked. I love old man Mysterio. I skimmed Noxley. Bray Wyatt interview you say, no reason not to skip passed that. Skimmed Liv-Raquel. The Charlotte-Sonya pull apart was solid. I'm not sure it's a match that really needs another go around. Zayn and Owens was great until the run-in. So, from the @Dean report, as per cagematch, 300 times these guys have met, and I'm sure I saw one pre-ROH run, but none since. What are the better ones to seek out? I wanna see these two with a better finish. I was also thinking about a Briscoes-Generico/Steen bout that I'd read about but have never seen. I didn't like the finish here, but it's kind of a neat booking and Zayn's performance post match, the disappointment, was just terrific! Zayn rules. I'm into this Sikoa push. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 9:02 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I'm still wondering whether the rope was gimmicked or the ref really did call an audible on the finish to the Breakker match. Waller is supposed to be a Social Media Influencer, right? All these 2.0 stereotype gimmicks (high school pep squad, male models, Mafia bozo, pop country guys... I'm surprised Hit Row aren't still over here to fill a hole) are almost at a WOW level of goofiness. 

Anyway, I came for a Charlie Dempsey match and I got my Charlie Dempsey match. Back bridge Dragon Screw FTW! We are gonna end up with Breakker/Dempsey (read: Steiner/Regal) one of these days and it's gonna rule. 

Couldn't believe Jinder's back. Him coming back along with Vince is telling. The Creed brother looked like he lost a tooth so of course Jinder ripped at his jaw. 

In theory the rope break risk is mitigated by Waller holding onto the top rope to break his fall. In practice? That looked needlessly dangerous.

I think the silly 2.0 gimmicks are good to introduce guys and then you start to soften the edges after the characters are around for a while. Its better than late period Black and Gold NXT which was "I'm a wrestler and I wrestle"

I can't imagine Jinder is in NXT because of Vince, most likely it's just a veteran dropping down for a few weeks to check out the talent and see who's who.