DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics - 2023

Dolfan in NYC

• 3 weeks later...

Another artist doing the art duties of Justice Society of America, issue 6 is out this week. No more delays hopefully..

The Young Justice Society in action

https://comic-watch.com/news/justice-society-of-america-6-preview-jsa-meets-stargirl-and-the-lost-children

Huntress's future was erased, which was the new real future. She still exists though in present day, in a weird way Damian Wayne has an older sister now.

Matthew Tyler died in JSA Vol 1 issue number 66 Dec, 2004. In the latest Flash vol that ended, the writer explained how the android Hourman escaped his battle with Extant and lives. 

Bought the trade of Supergirl - Woman of Tomorrow and it's everything I love about comics. It's Alex Raymond and Moebius and Hal Foster mixed with everything about Superman Family lore 

A true gem

James

On 9/10/2023 at 5:23 PM, 赤い竜 said:

BATMAN And SCOOBY-DOO Mysteries #12 is the final issue of the series. I never bothered with the series but whatevero.

i didn't even know that series existed, but the Scooby episode of Batman: the Brave and the Bold was pretty great. Also the Batman/Scooby animated movie that came out a few years ago was enjoyable too. So if the series followed that vibe, i could see it being fun.

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

Hal Jordans' new ring shuts off in space, can't translate, but can change colours like the silver age ring. I guess the colour thing is another pre crisis thing that was dropped post crisis back in canon.

Sinestro is a Red Lantern wearing Earth casual clothes.

Probably all done to match up with Alan and GA Red Lantern symmetrically. The storywise reasons? I dunno.

17 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

Hal Jordans' new ring shuts off in space, can't translate, but can change colours like the silver age ring. I guess the colour thing is another pre crisis thing that was dropped post crisis back in canon.

Sinestro is a Red Lantern wearing Earth casual clothes.

Probably all done to match up with Alan and GA Red Lantern symmetrically. The storywise reasons? I dunno.

the GL ring can change colors? doesn't that kind of negate the Rainbow Corps deal they have (had?) going on?

also fair to note that there was not a Red Lantern in the actual Golden Age comics. This is a new character created for this "New Golden Age" history. i haven't read it, but it seems like a decent enough set up i guess. 

On 9/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, twiztor said:

i didn't even know that series existed, but the Scooby episode of Batman Beyond was pretty great. Also the Batman/Scooby animated movie that came out a few years ago was enjoyable too. So if the series followed that vibe, i could see it being fun.

The new issue of Batman/Scooby-Doo is set in Batman Beyond future. 

Bill Willingham has put Fables in lublic domain due to a breakdown of communication with DC. He pretty much states he can't afford to sue for media rights return so this is his best option to stick it to WB/Discovery

James

John Stewart is getting his own new ring, more powerful and unpredictable.

The Anti Titans appear in WORLD’S FINEST: TEEN TITANS #6.

THE NEW TEEN TITANS #1 FACSIMILE EDITION.

Looks like pre bogged Madonnas' likness for HarleyQuinn in Batman 89 universe.

BATMAN BEYOND: NEO-GOTHIC #6 is the final issue.

DANGER STREET ends.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 1:18 PM, 赤い竜 said:

Mark Waid on Action Comics next year?

The stuff Waid is doing in World Finest takes place in the past for Earth 0. But current day stories can borrow from Waid's World Finest series.

Well the people who decided Mark can never have one of the ongoing Superman monthlies are all gone, so it's plausible.

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Funny. millar has been talking about a Superman project for 2025 I think. 

I'm drawing a blank. Who was the fourth writer with Waid, Millar, and Morrison who made that pitch that got them the Superman blacklist? Peyer?

New Green Lantern Caolan Shepard arrived in the prime universe from his own universe, his job is to stop the Radiant Death that belongs from his own universe. The Radiant Death are well..the undead who glow in purple.  They work for the Revenant Queen, who just might be the Katma of her own universe?  Seems the Radiant Death ring is a combination of Black Hand's Ring and the Star Sapphire's, so it's spurned love and all that jazz. 

The GLC of the main universe work for the current day United Planets, they're all "crooked" cops now. Both Hal and John are excommunicated from the GLC.