DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC III (2019)

RIPPA

Just now, Casey said:

2017 they taped in July (final was in September), 2018 they taped in August (final was in October)... only seems right that they tape in September and hold the finals in November.

Especially if they throw together another Evolution PPV at the same time

Doing it on 11/3 might wash the taste of the Halloween Saudi show out of people's mouths. But I really don't think they're going to do another Evolution show unless Rousey comes back.

I still don't see why they don't try for another Evolution. It would be a decent test of the brand and Becky's drawing power. I'd just like to see another all women's show done with the amount of talent they have.

I am curious who or what they are waiting on with finalization talks. Would be nice to see them bring Meiko back.

One social media rumor (but not really based on any reporting) was that instead of doing Evolution - the Smackdown that is the same day as the Saudi show would be an all woman Smackdown episode

Just now, RIPPA said:

One social media rumor (but not really based on any reporting) was that instead of doing Evolution - the Smackdown that is the same day as the Saudi show would be an all woman Smackdown episode

I know that’s what Dave speculated in this week’s Observer. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

That's what I was hoping for, would make a cool special episode, but they moved SaudiMania IV: The Crown Jewel II to the day before (Thurs Oct 31) so wondered if they were gonna do something else instead.

• 1 month later...

Meltzer wrote in the new WON that the 11/2 and 11/3 dates were correct but it was the WWE abruptly changing their minds and deciding to wait till 2020 to run the next one

That was also the next date for SHIMMER which is one of the places they pick talent from so it makes sense. Still disappointed since I liked the idea of it being an annual tournament like the Dusty Classic.

Edited by Eivion