DVDVR Message Board

RDR2 ONLINE

RIPPA

Poor Owen whatever his name was.  I don't think he expected that there were two of us when he shot me while I was skinning something.  I feel quite sure he didn't expect to get killed over and over and over, then lassoed and drug behind a horse while melraz shot him up.

He needed to learn some manners, though.

• Like 2

We fought turtles that were tougher to kill than poor Owen. He may have knocked Robert out of a little money, but we knocked him out of his boots, dignity, and self respect. He may not ever play this game again. 

• Like 2

Man, this Gun Rush is lucrative. Well, provided you’re teamed your friends (ffs, posse up beforehand, because you’ll always be paired on the over 2-player ones). But even then if you aren’t auto-paired and have one or two on-mic, (shit, three, in my case) unfortunately split, you can give some coordinates when you’re dead. Or like we do, find ourselves and still gang up.  

The best plan if when you’re all split up, once you’re all aware of it (if you do these enough while on mic with mates, you’ll know), you get to stand around after killing the rest and go for a snack, whisky neat (myself) or a piss and let the timer rundown.

While the rest, who aren’t privy (why the fuck aren’t they) to letting things go as long as possible, get to (imaginatively) fidget and curse like Milhouse at Poochie.

Why aren’t they getting to the fireworks factory yet!?

Anyways, yeah, like always, remember the key, final shrunken down areas and you’re golden. I can’t stress these enough; I’ve done these with friends on mic. It’s what’s best for business. 

For Rhodes: the jail is best if you camp, but remember that across the street is the absolute threshold you can wait to enter the smaller field. If you crouch on the porch of the gunsmith, and creep towards the NE side, you can barely clip enough to remain there. People love to camp on top, because you get an overview of the small-yellow map at the end. You can see shadows, so as long as you creep if you live as long and wanna fight like this, do it. You can see the roofer eventually flop down. 

The others are a bit tricky. It all depends on others. But Rhodes, generally, is an easy one. 

Oh, Braithwaite; there’s always gonna be camping upstairs. I do the same. However they always seem to forget the final checker is downstairs at the foot. They have to come down. Then you give them a hello to the skull. 

There are a few tips I’d share, but these modes are weird otherwise, so I can’t really be specific. It’s all about feel and listening to where/what your teammates do best. Generally, bee-line upstairs and wait behind the tables.

I’m aware none of that made sense, but good luck and those are my takes. 

• Like 1

Did a few of those with melraz and RUkered.  Didn't feel especially lucrative, even on long wins.  

First one paired me with melraz on a two man team.  I got instakilled by the first guy I saw.  That left melraz with five guys.  He killed all five.  For some reason it gave him the MVP.

We still got paid the same thing, though.

• Like 1

Oh, like in GTA where me, @Cristobal and Havoc did Los Santos Connection together. Cris and me both perma-died doing the Hack, so Havoc had to do the entire Hanger section by himself. Took ages, because he was doing Supercar Reverse shooting. And then when it was all over we all got the same payout, and Cris and myself got more RP because we were crewmates and Havoc wasn't.

Whole lotta dead dots this weekend. 

We bit off more than we could chew once.  We knew we were outnumbered, but didn't realize they would have the survive headshots ability turned on.  First time I've fought a group where it was clear they all had it.  It sucked as much as I thought it would, though we held our own for the most part without that ability set

swaggattack didn't have a chance against one of us, much less three.  probably shouldn't have shot me while I was cleaning that bird, I guess

i.wasteu.com had the most unfortunate name ever.  don't think he ever got a kill

spongebob's buddy, whose name I never could figure out, was the funniest, but melraz will have to explain that one

• Like 1

non shooting dots stuff

Would be really nice if the they would fix the stuff stops spawning thing.  got hit with that twice yesterday

Same thing for the gang attacks don't work right thing, especially on the one on the eastern edge of the swamp, by the mudflats north of St. Denis.  must've been eighty guys in the one I did last night.  half of em were shooting.  the other half stood around moaning.  and I never got credit for the attack.

Fuck muskrats.  one of those little bastards bit me while I was reeling in a roped buck and made me have to shoot it.

I'm dumb and got excited looking at the stats on the special saddles, not realizing that they already have the stirrup bonuses built in

Even though Swag got me a few times, he was hilarious. After Robert and Mel wore his ass out, he parleyed both of them and, for some reason, never bothered to do it with me.

The fact that Robert and Mel kept running him over with horses and knocking him down gave me plenty of chances to put him down until I was completely out of shotgun and varmint rifle ammo.

Then, he vanished into thin air. I guess another room looked like greener pastures at that point.

We had actually been playing nice with several pink dots all day up until that point. Everyone was just minding their own business, hunting gators and birds, and then swag had to write a check his ass couldn't cash.

• Like 2

This hunter/gatherer simulator with an occasional run in with dots is still fun. 

Robert was referring to some dots we ran, or they ran into us. It was a great. We were in separate rooms. 2 dots came up my ass. I was handling them rather well but then Robert joined, we ran them off. 2 more dots showed up on the same horse. We were each on a dot apart from each other. The one finally killed me which made the score around 17-1. I killed him 6 or 7 times so he sends me a message. "I'm gunna kill u." I responded "when?"  Then I got the famous "fuck you". 

Another kill I liked happened last nite. I made my money on GTA by using the mini map. Its hard to do on rdr2. Mainly because the map doesn't show when the sniper scope is up. But anyhoo I loved bouncing grenade launcher rounds off billboards, over buildings, around corners, whatever on GTA.  On rdr last nite I used the mini map to throw a stick of dynamite over a little hill in the woods toward a red dot.....it worked. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, melraz09 said:

This hunter/gatherer simulator with an occasional run in with dots is still fun. 

Robert was referring to some dots we ran, or they ran into us. It was a great. We were in separate rooms. 2 dots came up my ass. I was handling them rather well but then Robert joined, we ran them off. 2 more dots showed up on the same horse. We were each on a dot apart from each other. The one finally killed me which made the score around 17-1. I killed him 6 or 7 times so he sends me a message. "I'm gunna kill u." I responded "when?"  Then I got the famous "fuck you". 

Another kill I liked happened last nite. I made my money on GTA by using the mini map. Its hard to do on rdr2. Mainly because the map doesn't show when the sniper scope is up. But anyhoo I loved bouncing grenade launcher rounds off billboards, over buildings, around corners, whatever on GTA.  On rdr last nite I used the mini map to throw a stick of dynamite over a little hill in the woods toward a red dot.....it worked. 

I meant to tell you that I saw somebody online talking about using the companion app. I have it, but I haven't used it yet. Apparently you can have it running on a phone/tablet and you can see the full map while you're playing.

I'm sure it would be annoying to have to glance over at it all the time, but it might be a solution when you're looking through a scope or fishing and can't see shit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RUkered said:

I meant to tell you that I saw somebody online talking about using the companion app. I have it, but I haven't used it yet. Apparently you can have it running on a phone/tablet and you can see the full map while you're playing.

You can do that with single player but I am not sure about online

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lord - if Melraz's speculative dynamite becomes a thing...

After last night, I can say that speculative fire bottles are even better.  Especially if the dot is hiding in the sagebrush out west.  Watching that fucker run around screaming was probably the funniest thing I've seen in game, especially since I had no idea why everything was suddenly on fire.

Being on the wrong end of one of melraz's dynamite attempts wasn't as much fun, though.

• Haha 2

I'll hafta try that app. 

Robert to be fair when I blew you up with dynamite you were a red dot, and there were a lot of red dots around. 

Fire bottles are funny as hell. I highly recommend them. 

Jones told me if you play this weekend, free gold is awarded. 

A quick way to get 1,500 xp (if you have a decent horse) are 3 challenges under travel. Its 3 point A to point B in a specific time. If any Xbox player wants it but doesn't have a horse to make the time I'll loan ya buck. 

Sorry I missed y'all last night,  but I just recently signed up for YouTube TV and I really wanted to watch the Warriors-Wizards game.

I'm not as into this as I'd hoped. I'd saved and saved in single player, then I run into an NPC in St. Denis, right? He pulls out a gun and starts shooting me in the face. So I blew his head off with my double barrel and wound up with a $550 bounty and a trip back to the poorhouse just for defending myself.

Same here. I only hop online if y'all are playing. I just want gang hideouts and poker like the first game.

Or, and Mel can tell you, some kind of zombie overrun mode so I can pass out two rounds in and get about four kills while he cleans house.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Updates coming on Feb 26th

None of it really sounds appealing

I barely did the daily challenges in GTA so that isn't really a draw for me here either

Yeah, there's still no real game there. 

Nerfing the varmint rifle has the potential to be a disaster as well.  I mean, I get why they're doing it.  But I don't think that's really gonna fix the griefing much, a it could screw up the most lucrative thing in the game (hunting birds) monumentally.