DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Oh also - Year 2 plans will be revealed during a live stream on Tuesday

And they are lowering the difficulty on EP Levels 4-7 (not by much - just dropping every thing by 5 light levels)

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Faction Rallies will return on Tuesday - you will only be only to pledge one faction at a time across all your characters. And difficulty ramps up the longer you go without dying.

Dead Orbit will offer the Eye of Another World ornament and the Graviton Lance Catalyst
New Monarchy will offer the Crest of Alpha Lupi ornament and the Sweet Business Catalyst
Future War Cult will offer the Knucklehead Radar ornament and the Sunshot Catalyst

So of course I WANT to pledge FWC but I fucking run a Titan so I might have to be like everyone else and be New Monarchy

Translation:  A majority of Destiny players are Hunters, so let's harness their numbers to get FWC a victory and break New Monarchy's win streak.

Graviton Lance is becoming the new darling of PvP and PvE, so I predict that Dead Orbit may get their first win next week.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh also - Year 2 plans will be revealed during a live stream on Tuesday

And they are lowering the difficulty on EP Levels 4-7 (not by much - just dropping every thing by 5 light levels)

So Wave 7 is 395.  Whoopie or something....

That doesn't really solve the problem of EPs.  The fix is to expand the number of players you can bring planetside.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

So Wave 7 is 395.  Whoopie or something....

That doesn't really solve the problem of EPs.  The fix is to expand the number of players you can bring planetside.

Correction!

Old values
Wave 1: 370
Wave 2: 370
Wave 3: 370
Wave 4: 385
Wave 5: 385
Wave 6: 400
Wave 7: 400

New values
Wave 1: 370 
Wave 2: 370
Wave 3: 370
Wave 4: 380
Wave 5: 380
Wave 6: 385
Wave 7: 385

I forgot 6 and 7 were 400

The average LL of players running around Mars these days is still around 350-ish. 

Critters from Waves 4 and on will be practically undamagable by 350 LL people and there's no guarantee that everyone in the zone will participate when someone kicks off an EP.

Lowering the LL of the harder waves doesn't really fix the problem of EP.  Allowing 4-man Fireteams is a step in the right direction and allowing you to bring down a Raid team (six players) would be even better.

I can see why Bungie wouldn't pull the trigger on that because that would give active big box clans a huge advantage over small clans and casual clans.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Faction Rallies will return on Tuesday - you will only be only to pledge one faction at a time across all your characters. And difficulty ramps up the longer you go without dying.

Dead Orbit will offer the Eye of Another World ornament and the Graviton Lance Catalyst
New Monarchy will offer the Crest of Alpha Lupi ornament and the Sweet Business Catalyst
Future War Cult will offer the Knucklehead Radar ornament and the Sunshot Catalyst

So of course I WANT to pledge FWC but I fucking run a Titan so I might have to be like everyone else and be New Monarchy

I guess its FWC for me. Sunshot is one of my main weapons. It rarely leaves me

So here's some interesting news out of Bungie today...

I remember a few months back, Jason Schreier "theorized" on his podcast that Bungie might sell the Destiny IP to Activision to get out of the infamous 10 Year Plan and move on to something new.  This could be step 1 towards that.

Got a solid session in yesterday. My Warlock is 362 now and my Hunter is 359.

We did our first Prestige Nightfall and it was surprisingly easy. We set it to Solar Burn and Heavyweight and everything in there just got melted. The boss on it's 3rd stage went down in about 5 seconds. The whole thing took less time than the regular Nightfalls usually do.

Finished Nascent Dawn 4/5 after a bit of a grind.

Did a whole crap load of Escalation Protocols. We got to level 5 a few times but couldn't get it done. At least it was burning through the steps for some quests i had active. Level 4 is absolutely insane. We had 2 Hunters with bows in there and with so many enemies constantly spawning and making orbs the entire round was just people firing off supers. Weirdly level 2 still feels the hardest. That damn Wizard just has so much health unless you've got 6 people in there it just seems impossible to do the DPS. I think if we were higher light we'd have had a shot at the level 5 but at that point the enemy level jumps up too and we just couldn't take or deal out enough damage. Interestingly, and i'd never seen this happen before, if an Escalation Protocol starts the same time as a Public Event it merges the 2 activities and you have to complete the Heroic version of the public event, while fighting off Hive bosses within, i think, 4 mins. It happened to us twice yesterday, once for the drill and once for the warsat.

Going to try and get the Titan through the story missions today and then work on some nodes to progress that quest.

• Like 1

I finally beat Warmind's story DLC last night. Its too short, but I did enjoy it. In general I like the area more than Mercury. Escalation Protocol is terrible and fun at the same time. I finally made it to wave 4 right after I finished the story and it was death and more death.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:22 AM, Basara said:

Did a whole crap load of Escalation Protocols. We got to level 5 a few times but couldn't get it done. At least it was burning through the steps for some quests i had active. Level 4 is absolutely insane. We had 2 Hunters with bows in there and with so many enemies constantly spawning and making orbs the entire round was just people firing off supers.

Yeah, part of solving the riddle of Wave 5 and beyond seems to be having at least two or three Hunters running Nightstalker and having them equip Orpheus Rigs so that they can fuel Voidwalker Warlocks, Gunslinger Hunters, and Sunbreaker Titans whose combined mission is to nuke the shit out of anything standing. 

Hunters running Arcstrider are also good for clearing out the initial ash and trash Thralls and Acolytes during Wave 1 and 2, but they'll probably be switching over to Gunslinger or Nightstalker by Wave 3 to help with orb production or just doing sheer damage.

It also helps to have one smart person with a sword (usually me) who burns purple and swings heavy to keep Acolytes out of Shadowrifts until they are purged.

You probably already figured out that nearly everyone should be packing Solar or Arc energy and power weapons as those should be the only types of elemental barriers you'll be encountering.

Wave 2 is a pain in the ass because the Soaring Keen has a shit ton of yellow bar health, but Wave 4 and its multiple ogres eye beaming the crap out of everyone can also bite my ass.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It wasn't until I had access to Mars did I realize how much I disliked Mercury

And that is before you even factor in Brother Vance.

Mercury story is redeemed slightly by temporarily having a female Ghost as your partner.

I dislike Mercury for meta reasons.  For a big scary looking boss, Panoptes can be knocked over with a feather and the completing the various Prophecies can also be a bit too grindy for my liking.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of which - finally got my Segura ghost skin this weekend.

The Sugira Shell makes the grind worth completing.  It trivializes most DCs on Mercury and makes Mercury the easiest place for all classes to farm Glimmer.

The Lost Verse prophecy weapon rewards are also fairly badass.

The Null Calamity 9 Auto Rifle, Perfect Paradox Shotgun, Infinite Paths 8 Pulse Rifle, and the Conqueror 2 SMG are also four of the better PvE / PvP weapons out there, but they won't make you forget the industry standards like Uriel's Gift, Antiope-D, or the Hawthorne shotty.

In a slight breach of etiquette, I've solved the issue of getting kills in the Crucible with a pulse rifle to get credit towards one of the Crucible armor ornaments by shredding my Ormund's Anvil auto rifle and using the cores to masterwork a Battle Scar pulse rifle....

... it's the one that fires in full auto and is Lightweight....  So far, I have found it to be pretty effective in PvP..

I've started bringing my Frigid Jackal into PvP to get Sniper Rifle kills towards another armor ornament.  There are some maps that are very sniper friendly, but you can't really appreciate the effort the devs put into making maps camper hateful until you break out your sniper rifle and note the lack of clear sight lines that are not directly out in the open.

If you can sight down on someone, most likely they can also sight down on you.  if your target is firing on you with a high impact weapon that cause a lot of flinch, your day of sniping is going to be long and painful.  Doubly so if you have been stuck in teams like I have lately with players that hog Power Ammo.

I'm about 1/4th of the way through upgrading my DARCI catalyst so once DARCI is masterworked, that will be the sniper rifle I take with me to the Crucible to back up my Battle Scar pulse rifle and Mananan SR4 scout rifle.

Naturally I'm going to cheat again and use my Mastetworked Crimson for the Hand Cannon headshot part of my Crucible armor ornament chasing.

I finished the Warmind DLC with my Warlock this weekend (Sleeper Stimulant really made things trivial)

I also cleaned up post-Osiris Adventures that I didn't realize I hadn't done yet.

I do have to suffer through one Heroic Adventure - God do I really not want to do that again.

I guess I could do my 3 heroic strikes with her today but boy am I not feeling that grind.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I do have to suffer through one Heroic Adventure - God do I really not want to do that again.

I have one to do with my Titan.  I'll probably get it out of the way this afternoon after work depending on what the DCs are.

I finished up Call To Arms yesterday afternoon during the rain that lasted all day..  I probably won't hit the Crucible tonight unless someone in the DARPA crew comes online and wants to make a run at the Clan PvP engram.

Power levelled the hell out of my Titan. In 2 sessions he's gone from 335 to completing the Warmind DLC and being 358. I dumped all the 360ish weapons from my main on him, brought my way to 345ish armour using tokens on various vendors then popped a few milestones for powerful engrams. All 3 of my characters are of similar level now ranging from 358-362. So even weapons dropping on my alts should be half decent light.

I finished off the Sleeper Simulant quest and collected all the memory fragments to finish off another exotic quest. Aside from part 5 of the Nascent Dawn quest and a couple of adventures it's on to the max light grind.

17 hours ago, Basara said:

Power levelled the hell out of my Titan. In 2 sessions he's gone from 335 to completing the Warmind DLC and being 358. I dumped all the 360ish weapons from my main on him, brought my way to 345ish armour using tokens on various vendors then popped a few milestones for powerful engrams. All 3 of my characters are of similar level now ranging from 358-362. So even weapons dropping on my alts should be half decent light.

I finished off the Sleeper Simulant quest and collected all the memory fragments to finish off another exotic quest. Aside from part 5 of the Nascent Dawn quest and a couple of adventures it's on to the max light grind.

Yep.  Nascent Dawn 5/5 should be active after Reset and then it will be all about getting to mas light so that I can crush the old Raid someday and get to Wave 7 of EP so that I can use my Decrypted Cache Keys.

I'm going to get studied up on the Leviathan raids so I can jump into a random raid group during the week.  If I keep waiting for the DARPA crew to stop chasing the new shiny object and get back to Destiny 2, I will have even more gray hair than I already have.

I snatched up a Tractor Cannon catalyst after a Wave 1 EP completion so yay I think.

I banged my head against the wall trying to complete a Heroic Strike doing A Garden World with my squishy Warlock

After a hour - I bailed and went to bed.

Fucking Glass

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I banged my head against the wall trying to complete a Heroic Strike doing A Garden World with my squishy Warlock

It's been Solar Singe all week, man.  Why did you think that going into a Heroic Strike against the Vex would be wise when most of them are armed with Solar damage weapons like Slap Rifles and Line Rifles?

In the Pyramidion strike , Brakion the Genesis Mind will one shot you with his giant Line Rifle when Solar Singe is in effect.  Glass doesn't even need to be active for him to kill you instantly if you are out in the open.

I also learned the hard way this morning that Cabal Gladiators have a Solar damage melee.

Which reminds me, I am up to Vanguard Rank 20 now and I have unlocked two of the Season 3 armor ornaments.  I am on my way to getting that jumpship that Zavala gives you at Vanguard Rank 50.

Holy fuck the mechanics for the new raid are crazy.  It's like learning to play poker by buying into a pro tournament while being on the phone with your wife yelling at you on the other end while the tournament venue is beginning to fill up with salt water pumped in through gigantic holes in the ceiling.

Looks like some dev got pissed off that people were able to solo the Crota raid and decided to go back to the bad old days where raid mechanics were completely unforgiving.  There's no way you could beat that raid in one sitting and not hate your entire raid team by the end of it, and the feeling would probably be mutual.

I loved and hated the Vault of Glass because it was so damn hard at first and it definitely brought out the best and the worst out of you and your fellow Guardians.. 

Prison of Elders was a walk in the park compared to that shit,.  PoE was challenging, but at least it was fun to do. 

That's why I hate EPs.  Bungie brought in another Horde Mode style game mode and somehow managed to completely strip the enjoyment out of it.

Bungie should be live streaming info about Season 4 this morning around 9AM PDT / Noon EDT, I think.  Looks like I will be eating lunch at my desk today and watching YouTube.

Just finished watching the Developer Preface before the live stream:

Spoiler
  • Expansion title is official.  Forsaken.
  • Feel of the game is a Western set in the Reef. 
  • New faction called The Scorn and apparently they have history with Cayde-6.
  • The story mission starts off with a prison break.  Cayde-6 has a Black Site in the Reef where he's been keeping the Scorn that he's been capturing all this time.
  • New LL appears to be 600~?  WHAT THE FUCK~??
  • Weapon system as we know it will be trashed.  You will apparently be able to fit any class of weapon in your Kinetic, Energy, and Power Slots.  So yeah, everyone will be a fucking Gunzerker with a shotgun in every slot.
  • Supers will get more Super.
  • New Mod and Masterwork system.
  • New game mode called Gambit is a combo of PvE and PvP.  It actually looks pretty awesome.
  • New weapon type.   A FUCKING BOW AND ARROW~!!  This will obviously be the weapon that everyone will own and will break the game.  Goodbye, uniqueness of Nightstalker super.
  • New Raid will have more bosses than any other raid in the game.  Takes place in the Dreaming City aka the birthplace of the Awoken.  Lots of puzzle solving... yay.. or something...
  • The Dreaming City changes as players complete the raid.  The more raids you complete, the more access you get to other areas of the City.
  • Status system called Triumphs.  Similar to Grimoire, but you can get a Title added to your gamer tag for completing Triumphs.
  • Game has allegedly been getting playtested for about a year now.  We'll see about that.

• Like 1