DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

I was going to say "learn something new everyday" but then I can't remember if I noticed it before and brought it up

I chuckled as during the cut scene right before the suicide mission starts - Miranda wants to lead the second team and Jack objects saying no one would follow her and the entire time Garrus is standing next to Jack nodding his head. I was like "damn that's cold"

Anyway - finished the main storyline of ME2 again yesterday and Lair of the Shadow Broker. God damn that boss battle is so fucking choice it isn't funny.

Just have Arrival left and then I can finally move back to ME3 full time

I was going to say "learn something new everyday" but then I can't remember if I noticed it before and brought it up I chuckled as during the cut scene right before the suicide mission starts - Miranda wants to lead the second team and Jack objects saying no one would follow her and the entire time Garrus is standing next to Jack nodding his head. I was like "damn that's cold" Anyway - finished the main storyline of ME2 again yesterday and Lair of the Shadow Broker. God damn that boss battle is so fucking choice it isn't funny. Just have Arrival left and then I can finally move back to ME3 full time

I, in bit of a coincidence, just downloaded all story content for ME2 today.

Oh the other thing I never realized - you can come really close to romancing Samara.

Like I have gotten the tease where basically she is all "If I wasn't so old, I would totally jump you" but I didn't know that if you keep pushing her about a romance, she almost kisses you but then stops and meanders off to stare at the drive core for awhile.

I am the worst adept in the history of the game.

And yeah, you can come close but not quite to banging Samara and I am not really sure whether it counts towards the Paramour achievement. 

They fixed the whole sexual tension thing between Shep and Samara in Citadel and you can embrace eternity when she comes by to visit the apartment. 

I always wondered how different the dialogue would be between Shep and Zaeed in Citadel where he his hitting on Samara if you were romancing her.

It doesn't count towards the Paramour achievement

I confirmed my relationship with Liara last night and just have to do Arrival today.

Of course - I can't start ME3 again until my wife is around since, again, she wants to see the story.

Of course - I can't start ME3 again until my wife is around since, again, she wants to see the story.

You won't be allowed to play unless she is around, so you won't hit endgame until sometime next February.

You may as well ask for GTA5 and a refurb 10 GB Memory Stick for Christmas. At least you can play that in the meantime.

Well - I got tonight and tomorrow night to play ME3 if you clowns can get your act together.

And I figure in a month - I wont have to worry about Impact anymore so my Thursdays would be free too

Well - I got tonight and tomorrow night to play ME3 if you clowns can get your act together.

And I figure in a month - I wont have to worry about Impact anymore so my Thursdays would be free too

I am on board with ME3 multiplayer tonight and tomorrow.  My GR% is probably horrid since I didn't play at all during my birthday weekend.

My girlfriend took me to Medieval Times and it fucking ruled.  I ate two whole turkey legs and drank a gigantic clay mug filled with beer and dudes fought with swords.  It was great.

So these were the things teased about ME4 yesterday

OMG~! THERE IS A GIANT MOUNTAIN!!!!

Hopefully the story will be a bit more intimate instead of some galaxy spanning saga.  If it is set in the post Reaper War galaxy, there will be a million tiny stories worth telling instead of one huge one.

You'd have the Yahg, the Quarians / Geth, and the Krogan as rising powers while the Asari and Salarians would be in decline..  Earth and the Turians would have to be closer than ever before, go figure.  Probably co-protectors of the what's left of Citadel space. 

You might even have the Batarians and the Vorcha playing nice, so Bioware would have to come up with a new threat race coming out of the Terminus systems.

I chose not to believe the Starchild bullshit you get served with the Destroy option, so I still count the Geth among the future players.

I think we have converted Fresh to the awesomness of Kroganhood.

El Dragon listed all of the liabilities that come with the Krogan Sentinel Warlord (ie. still affected by insta-death attacks, can't take cover, melee attack is spotty) and Fresh's counter was.... "But he has a HAMMER~!"

It only took a couple of years, but we finally dragged Rippa kicking and screaming to the Unwavering achievement (Extract on the original five multiplayer maps on Gold difficulty).

I think we have converted Fresh to the awesomness of Kroganhood.El Dragon listed all of the liabilities that come with the Krogan Sentinel Warlord (ie. still affected by insta-death attacks, can't take cover, melee attack is spotty) and Fresh's counter was.... "But he has a HAMMER~!"It only took a couple of years, but we finally dragged Rippa kicking and screaming to the Unwavering achievement (Extract on the original five multiplayer maps on Gold difficulty).

You kidding? Before they added Batarians and Vorcha to multiplayer, I played pretty much exclusively Krogan. Back to the ME3 multiplayer Demo days. I'm OG Clan Urdknot.

Then what you are saying is that Rippa and I have outstripped you as far as our skill at being Krogan?  I can believe that

Rippa used to be the master of dying right begore extraction on lvl 10.

Rippa, however, can still get grabs in any situationPoor poor jealous JT

There are no words for the amount of hate I have.

I got to the Citadel and I am seriously considering starting over because I didn't realize how fucked up the face importer was.

My FemShep looked close enough so I didn't think anything of it but every time I open my mouth it looks like I need an EpiPen stat.