DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2C: ULTIMO GUERRERO vs. MEIKO SATOMURA

MM16: 2nd RDC - ULTIMO GUERRERO vs. MEIKO SATOMURA  

52 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Meiko didn't dedicate herself to the losing battle of trying to make Thunder look good.

This deserves points for UG.  Some of you might think "Big deal, he's wrestling a shitty wrestler, who cares?"

SHITTY WRESTLERS ARE DANGEROUS AND SHORTEN YOUR CAREER

and the key is also not just wrestling Thunder but make Thunder look good in the process. Meiko has always been awesome but has she taken the Joshi equivalent of Thunder for so long and them look good so consistently?

If I use that question as my criteria the answer comes up "No". Therefore UG gets my vote. This doesn't mean I love Meiko any less though

James

Look, I like UG but it's not like he had this great year when he wasn't feuding with Thunder. The Rey Escoprion match ruled. And there's a couple other fun matches. Meiko has a much stronger resume with the Hojo matches, the Hamada matches, the Io Shirai match, the Arisa Nakajima match etc.

• Like 1

I need to see a little more but I'm leaning Meiko. UG had one great match, a beautiful hair match, everything you could want for one in CMLL in 2016. He had some good stuff past that, in trios, in singles, on the indies. He had some bad stuff. He had a lot of mediocre stuff. Meiko is new to me, but she seems to bring a lot more to the table in all of her matches than UG does. I have a lot of nostalgia for him for someone I've only started to watch two years ago but he can be the laziest worker in the world when it comes to match layout. 

I caught the Io match tonight and there were things I didn't love about the last third of the match but they were almost all on Io. i need to see more if I can.

Cavernario or Virus I'd vote for, but it's kind of hard to vote against this:

R_0UTN.gif

• Like 1

I feel so bad for that woman in that match. I have no idea on the backstory, but there's one moment where she dodges a corner charge or something and it's the first hope spot in a few brutal minutes, and she's like someone playing a video game that doesn't know how to play and they go for a big move at a key moment and end up doing the character's taunt by accident instead. She does that ballerina pose again and just gets crushed. They were going for pity but man...

Definitely agree with you on Meiko outshining Io at least in terms of the basics of pro-wrestling in that match. Shirai has the flashier offense and is a good babyface but she's got a lot of contrived, cutesy shit I don't like too much in that setting. Meiko kicks and suplexes hard. It works really well and I can't believe she's still this good after so many years of so many brutal matches. 

As much as I hated that Hechicero/UG vs. Caifan/Avisman match, the hair vs. hair match is fucking phenomenal. Which is the least offensive Thunder vs. UG match?