DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Some fine-looking cats there, John.

As the weather cools, Bruce becomes increasingly cuddly:

S1oobLX.jpg?1

Awww... My little girl, Sersei that sleeps next to my pillow hasn't been home for three days. She does this frequently, though I wish she wouldn't... I'll try and get a pic, though she's all black and is basically a scaled-down female version of Jackpot and Seven without the white patch. They're siblings from different litters. She managed to get preggers just before the appt to get her fixed, hence Varys and Tyrion, her litter of two.  Everyone is fixed and had their shots now except Sandor and Bushi. Sandor goes in next payday and it's a matter of catching Bushi... She comes out and plays now, but still won't let us get close to her even with food. It's going to be a process, but I AM the cat-whisperer.

• Like 2

Bruce is spending the day at the vet today.  There was some blood in his pee and they're trying to figure out what's going on.  He did get some pain meds yesterday so he was extremely loopy and stoned, which was fun until he decided he needed head scritches at 2am and was going to headbutt me until he got them.

I did manage to get a pic of all three good boys together, a rare occurrence:

veLVkFC.jpg?1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Bruce is spending the day at the vet today.  There was some blood in his pee and they're trying to figure out what's going on.  He did get some pain meds yesterday so he was extremely loopy and stoned, which was fun until he decided he needed head scritches at 2am and was going to headbutt me until he got them.

I did manage to get a pic of all three good boys together, a rare occurrence:

veLVkFC.jpg?1

What a great photo.

56 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

What I want to know is how you got them all to look at you.   Did you glue a piece of cheese to your nose or something?  

This was like the 12th try at this picture.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

He got his beans above his franks - how did he get his beans above his franks?!?!?

A moot question for poor Sandor, who as of next Thursday afternoon will have neither frank nor beans.

This is what happens when you become (should we say, "overly-stimulated")  when your tummy is being rubbed...

As per the usual, I have been appointed to assist in his convalescence. Oddly enough, I have no problem spending the day in bed  with a purring cat and alternating between watching wrestling and reading. Perhaps I'll break out my Best of El Samurai custom that I had Lynch make many moons ago. Sandor has missed out on NJPW as it's an hour after dinner and that's serious catting around time. He has watched some WWE PPV and NXT and 205 LIVE and (like myself) remains nonplussed by Elias, and quite unlike myself, rather intrigued by someone running the ropes. In fairness, I'll have to admit that this enthusiasm likely comes from the back and forth movement as much as any actual grappling strategy,

You do know that statistically Mr. Jerkface will live twice as long if he's fixed, right? Male cats that aren't fixed are far more likely to get hit by cars as they will wander farther from home and inadvertently into heavier traffic areas. They will also (and this is the big one) get into lots more fights, and they way a cat takes care of an injury is not to come home so that you can take him to the vet, but rather to hide somewhere quiet while they heal... A sound strategy except for the fact that their wounds were made with instruments that mere minutes ago could have been burying cat poop. End result is usually blood poisoning from an infection...

11 minutes ago, OSJ said:

You do know that statistically Mr. Jerkface will live twice as long if he's fixed, right? Male cats that aren't fixed are far more likely to get hit by cars as they will wander farther from home and inadvertently into heavier traffic areas. They will also (and this is the big one) get into lots more fights, and they way a cat takes care of an injury is not to come home so that you can take him to the vet, but rather to hide somewhere quiet while they heal... A sound strategy except for the fact that their wounds were made with instruments that mere minutes ago could have been burying cat poop. End result is usually blood poisoning from an infection...

Well, nowhere did I say he wasn't fixed.  Plus my two cats are strictly indoors.

"A moot question for poor Sandor, who as of next Thursday afternoon will have neither frank nor beans."

I'm thinking that what's happened here is a crossed wire with regards to the There's Something About Mary reference.  So what I got from your comment is that you were taking Sandor in for a more, um, severe procedure than what he's actually getting.  When I said "almost had to do that", I meant, "had to have his dick removed, in addition to the prior removal of his nuts" because of the urinary tract problem.  Protip: Meow Mix is trash.  

23 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Well, nowhere did I say he wasn't fixed.  Plus my two cats are strictly indoors.

"A moot question for poor Sandor, who as of next Thursday afternoon will have neither frank nor beans."

I'm thinking that what's happened here is a crossed wire with regards to the There's Something About Mary reference.  So what I got from your comment is that you were taking Sandor in for a more, um, severe procedure than what he's actually getting.  When I said "almost had to do that", I meant, "had to have his dick removed, in addition to the prior removal of his nuts" because of the urinary tract problem.  Protip: Meow Mix is trash.  

Wires were crossed. Your indoor kitties will be around for a good long time. You are correct about Meow Mix, there's a reason it's cheaper than any other brand. It's garbage. These guys insist on their cans of Little Friskies for dinner and access 24/7 to their dry food and have been quite demonstrative in the past when the wrong brand was served (tipping over their dish and doing the digging motions which are cat-speak for "This is shit and should be buried". The exception is Sandor, who won't have anything to do with canned food. It's dry food or table scraps. We would discourage the begging at the table, but the poor little guy is kind of sickly, (he has asthma and gets colds very easily) so we've given in and spoil the hell out of him. I need to get a pic of him eating watermelon. You would think cats would shun such things, but he's the second cat we've had that just loves the stuff.

I also thought John was going to cut his cat's dick off, which seems a little extreme just for showing some lipstick during a belly rub.

You know what Bruce really, really hates?  Taking medicine.  I have never had a cat that was so strong and so squirmy.

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I also thought John was going to cut his cat's dick off, which seems a little extreme just for showing some lipstick during a belly rub.

You know what Bruce really, really hates?  Taking medicine.  I have never had a cat that was so strong and so squirmy.

I was never able to give my cat any sort of pill.  Liquid medicine in a syringe, I could do.

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I shudder at the thought of ever having to give Jackpot medicine. We don't call him "the iron paw" for nothing. He just as mellow and gentle as can be with us, but we've never tried putting something down his throat that he doesn't want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...