DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Is there a way to send created DM's to other people via the socialclub?  I made a deathmatch last night after everyone signed off that takes place on top of dieder sachs/the mall. There are Heavy Sniper rifle's around, but I think the forced weapon is the Carbine.  It's called rooftop rumble

I thought I'd get bonus points for originality

I also created a race, but I can't find it.  It probably would have sucked anyway.  There was a stunt jump to the finish line.

I swear to God that anyone who offers me a ride over the next few days is going to get shot first.

I would say that if I were offered a ride in freemode by someone I don't know, I would kill that person, but the fact of the matter is, if I'm on foot, no one I don't know gets close enough to me to offer me a ride without dying first anyway.

We massacred the rednecks in Boneyard Survival last night just because the dumb broken database said we'd never completeed it.

We remembered being called "shitdicks" by our attackers way back when we got our first assault rifles. Good times.  Robert earned his Wages of Sin back tattoo for his "main" character which is half the level of his alternate affectionately known as Skull Girl.

I shot Robert like nine times while in free mode because I am not used to seeing him use his guy toon.  So now I have to forgive him and stuff for the times he shot me when I wasn't wearing a leather jacket.

I also noticed that everytime Robert comes around a blind corner in free mode, he instinctively combat rolls. 

Not sure how long I'm gonna stick with the guy, but I'll probably do it for a while.  Maybe unlock a few things.  I have no clue when I got a world record with him, but apparently I did.  I gotta do something with his look though.  The hair glitch makes him look like a guy who'd own a copy of the Turner Diaries.

Like I said last night, I find myself doing the Mary Lou all the time, even when there's no combat going on.

The Ladies of the Evening can once again ply their trade in peace.

If the GTA Forum is to be believed, our favorite money glitch to talk abuot got hotfixed this afternoon.

Still no word on if the original glitch (ie. use the body of your friend or crew mate's toon) still works. 

I swear to God that anyone who offers me a ride over the next few days is going to get shot first.

Yeah, it looks like that's done, till somebody figures out a new one.  You can still dupe the car, but after you do that you can't drive out.

• Like 1

Can you drive out if you already had a garage full of adders?  May be able get around the not being able to drive out if you call the mechanic to deliver it, I can't troubleshoot since I'm at work in training

Fucking auto-incorrect...

Edited by misanthrope304

Mel, you realize if you posted that anywhere else on the Internet, people would be calling the cops to check on you.

Someone's already posted a slightly changed dead hooker money glitch. I love this game.

• Like 1

I would say that if I were offered a ride in freemode by someone I don't know, I would kill that person, but the fact of the matter is, if I'm on foot, no one I don't know gets close enough to me to offer me a ride without dying first anyway.

Well, I was sorta levelling that comment as an inside joke to crew members looking to exploit the glitch with me in the passenger seat but yeah, I don't accept rides from anyone in a game where I can just take any car on the street that I want.

We massacred the rednecks in Boneyard Survival last night just because the dumb broken database said we'd never completeed it.

We remembered being called "shitdicks" by our attackers way back when we got our first assault rifles. Good times.  Robert earned his Wages of Sin back tattoo for his "main" character which is half the level of his alternate affectionately known as Skull Girl.

I shot Robert like nine times while in free mode because I am not used to seeing him use his guy toon.  So now I have to forgive him and stuff for the times he shot me when I wasn't wearing a leather jacket.

I also noticed that everytime Robert comes around a blind corner in free mode, he instinctively combat rolls. 

Not sure how long I'm gonna stick with the guy, but I'll probably do it for a while.  Maybe unlock a few things.  I have no clue when I got a world record with him, but apparently I did.  I gotta do something with his look though.  The hair glitch makes him look like a guy who'd own a copy of the Turner Diaries.

Both you, Melraz, and Mis's friend, Damian Death, all wear cowboy hats and camo.  It's like we have a terror squad made up of triplets from Texas..

Then we have CSC and Dolfan... Our Hipster Assassins....   I half expect to see CSC drinking a bottle of Rane bottled water in between races.

Rainegtav.jpg

• Like 1

I'm trying to think if we PS3'ers have catchphrases. We did used to come out with the "Bullshit!" "Not Bullshit!" in Deathmatches, but it's a while since we've actually opposed one another. "(Inset job type) LEGEND!" has become a thing lately. In Freemode, Cris tends to go with "Dumbass" when he kills people, whereas I often go with "Hello there*" "Sorry!" or "Oops!". Americans hear me being polite with British accent and get confiused over whether I actually killed them by accident or not.

If anyone tries a dirty trick to get kills and it doesn't work, I can't stop myself from saying "Not so bloody clever now, are you?". Once we did a bad user CC match, and after it was over Havoc said "Well that was a load of bloody shite". I think we'd been spending a bit too much time together at that point.

* nb: "Hello There" is a real life private joke between me and some friends. It started when I was sneak-chasing a thief down the street, tricked him into thinking I was just walking past and wanted to intimidate him without actually saying a verbal threat (also I wasn't 100% sure it was the right guy). So I put on my best Voice of God and said "HELLO THERE!". He looked at me, dropped the bag and said "You can keep it mate, I don't need it that much".

Apparently I'm quite very intimidating IRL. Wouldn't guess, would you?

Gawd I can't please anybody. Might as well kiss my gun....gonna french kiss my shotgun.

Don't make me fake a migrane to get out of work and come up there on a welfare visit..  I already got a lot of shit to do this weekend like a million hours away in Maryland.

Jobber Thursday was relatively quiet.  I saw neither hide nor hair of the Night Shift guys, so I got beat by Mark by playing my most unremarkable round of golf in recent memory and then i went into free mode to watch WEAZEL while I ate dinner.  I think I killed maybe one person the entire time I was online. 

Two if you include me shooting Mark earlier in the evening for the $1K bounty on his head.  Hey, I needed the SMG kill..  Those shits are hard to come by nowadays since even 20ish lowbies can get their hands on Bullpups and Special Carbines.

The GTA game database continues to act fubar.  I got an invite to Coveted this morning while swiping the morning Simeon vehicle. The mission was marked NEW despite the fact that I have played that thing a dozen times.  I assume the system considers the mission NEW to me since I haven't played the "improved" version. 

That's what you get for having screwed up True / False flags in your POS database.

• Like 1

9Zw5ETr.png

The only problem with this as our logo would be scaring people away before we can kill them.

And our crew catch phrase will transition from "Sorry about your damn luck," to:

t7w9g.jpg

And the Mizzark's attitude definitely fits in with the general crew mentality.

m1EjJ.gif

Gawd I can't please anybody. Might as well kiss my gun....gonna french kiss my shotgun.

Don't make me fake a migrane to get out of work and come up there on a welfare visit..  I already got a lot of shit to do this weekend like a million hours away in Maryland.

Jobber Thursday was relatively quiet.  I saw no hide nor hair of the Night Shift guys, so I got beat by Mark by playing the most unremarkable round of golf in recent memory and then i went into free mode to watch WEAZEL while I ate dinner.  I think I killed maybe one person the entire time I was online. 

Two if you include me shooting Mark earlier in the evening for the $1K bounty on his head.  Hey, I needed the SMG kill..  Those shits are hard to come by nowadays since even 20ish lowbies can get their hands on Bullpups and Special Carbines.

The GTA game database continues to act fubar.  I got an invite to Coveted this morning while swiping the morning Simeon vehicle. The mission was marked NEW despite the fact that I have played that thing a dozen times.  I assume the system considers the mission NEW to me since I haven't played the "improved" version. 

That's what you get for having screwed up True / False flags in your POS database.

melraz and I got into some murdering after you'd logged off.  I can confirm he was alive and well, and was deeply into beer #2.  melraz tried for his first "kill target", and I hopped into his car for the ride.  Glad it was a video game car rather than real life.  He crashed into almost everything on the entire map, and the target got away before he could get him.

Needed to spend some quality time with the wife, so I didn't get online till she'd gone to sleep.  Probably won't be on much till Monday evening.

Coveted has always been one of those things that the game won't realize you've finished it, kinda like a mission equivalent of Boneyard.

• Like 2

I thought he drove better drunk.

He definitely shoots better drunk. I am always hesitant to ride in a car or a helicopter with him after Beer #2.

The "Let's Chase Down This Bounty Asshole In My Coquette" thing still gives me nightmares but damned if we didn't successfully make it up the side of Mt. Gordo in a white sports car.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that's another crew truism: If three or more of us get in a chopper, something bad is gonna happen.

Me, Mel and Robert piled in a Buzzard to try to take down a Simeon car (why not?) and I said to myself "this isnt gonna end well, but screw it, it'll be funny," and of course, it didn't. I think Mel piloted us into a pole or something. I'll never forget the sheer terror in Rippa and J.T.'s voices when I was piloting a chopper to the Diamonds Are for Trevor location while I kept saying "I got this." I flew RUkered into a building while doing MIxed Up wiith Coke not too long ago.

The game is so much better when you don't give a shit about dying. Shoot a car at close range with an RPG and blow yourself up in the process? Every time. Robert's "blow up this car I'm in" is the stuff of legend. And then there's the ol' ALLAH AKBAR! Mis has been known to Allah Akbar with his Entity. That's dedication to your craft right there.

It's driving better when drunk. About two beers in, we'll often hear "I'm too drunk for Freemode, let's do a mission."

• Like 2

Shew dalm I was still drunk at 1pm today. I usually do drive better drunk but I think I kept closin my eyes last night. And the French kiss my shotgun thing is from one of my favorite songs of all times. It's been a quote of mine for a long time. Thanks for hangin with me last night Roberto I had fun the best I can remember. I know my k/d ratio took a hit but hell it was worth it.

• Like 1

The game is so much better when you don't give a shit about dying. Shoot a car at close range with an RPG and blow yourself up in the process? Every time. Robert's "blow up this car I'm in" is the stuff of legend. And then there's the ol' ALLAH AKBAR! Mis has been known to Allah Akbar with his Entity. That's dedication to your craft right there.

Absolutely. I'm so happy I don't care about my K/D ratio, because if I did, I'd be one sad puppy. The only time I get irritated about dying is if it's some asshole pounding me into the pavement repeatedly. When another crew member kills me accidentally, I find it hilarious every time.

Like you mentioning flying that plane into the building. Hilarious. The whole time I'm thinking, "We're headed right for that building. He'll turn at the last second. Yeah he should be turning right about n-BOOOM." Rather than fly into the city, we skidding in Con Air style.

And I love Allah Akbar'ing when I can remember to do it. I'll happily detonate myself in my most expensive car if it means killing someone else. Back in the day, I used to like to "befriend" people, let them get in my car, and then drive straight at Mel acting like I was trying to run him over so he could snipe their heads off. It's amazing how many times people fell for it before they'd catch on. People must not look at crew tags or something.

• Like 2

I literally could not care less about my K/D ratio. Makes the game funner to not worry about dying. Last time I checked it, months ago, it was 0.7. J.T. would faint.

I dont wanna even know what it is now.

For some reason, though, when I got my LSPD tint on my combat MG, I started caring about that. I got it on my sniper rifle with some help from doofuses who went away from their controller without putting it in passive, and I got it for my assault rifle (I think) very recently. I'm SO far away from getting it for any of my other weapons that I've given up on it, though.

Oh, and my main character has one tattoo, but it's not even one of the ones you earn. It cracked me up so hard when I saw it that I thought "if I'm gonna have one tattoo, it's this one."

• Like 1

I care about my K/D ratio and getting killed, but I'm more concerned with the K side of the equation than the D.  I'll frequently introduce myself to a group of players by driving up to their cars and sticky bombing all of us.  My K/D is creeping up, at 1.42 last time I checked.

Stout, your K/D is ought to be rising.  You've been much more of a killer the last few times I've played with you.

If you care about tints for the short range weapons, DMs are the place to get that, rather than freemode.  That's where I got most of the kills for those.  I've got the LSPD on the heavy sniper, advanced rifle, assault SMG, AP pistol, combat MG and assault SG.  I was also pedantic and bought the LSPD tints for the bullpup rifle and special carbine only after I'd registered 600 kills with both.  I unlocked the first tint for the RPG recently.  I've also got a bunch of tints for guns I don't even own, from doing forced weapon DMs.

• Like 1

yeah Stout, your K/d is something like .74 or .73.  You can check on the social club, I remember yours because I was checking mine on tuesday when we were attempting some crew stuff.

I've brought mine up from <1 to 1.32 (last time I checked)

I unlocked the army tint for the rpg around the same time I unlocked the orange tint on my heavy sniper.  I'm around 150 away from the LSPD blue for the heavy sniper now.  Been working towards green on the carbine (m4 variant) and the orange on the auto-shotty and combat mg.  I haven't used the advanced rifle much since I was working on the ak-47 and m4 rifles

Oh yeah, that's another crew truism: If three or more of us get in a chopper, something bad is gonna happen.

I can verify this as a true statement, having completed a self-imposed ban from all things flying during missions after one such occurence where I promptly died early on in a mission, then took to piloting for the win with all members in the chopper before I crashed and failed it for everyone.

I am a little better now, aside from hacking crew to pieces with choppers while trying to either A) kill someone that is non-crew (like I did Melraz, numerous times on night)  or B) pick up a crew member for evac/re-positioning (Herby at near the airport the last time the night shift were all together)