DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Well I immediately took it off and just went with the shortest hair cut possible.

I am irritated they are no giant fucking beards... unless I just haven't unlocked them yet.

I am also trying out the permanent motorcycle helmet look but that probably won't last long.

Basically I will be on this afternoon after I get back from getting my kid his glasses. So it literally could be anywhere between 3 and 6.

I'm home today since I am expecting the maitence guys and my kid has a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

Hopped on just to sell a car and to deliver a car for Simeon.

Saw stout online but I knew my time was limited.

Yeah, I did the same thing. I go on these days knowing I'm just gonna be on an hour - I sell a car, write down the time, then sell one of Simeon's five cars (if available), blow up any armored cars and play random contact missions from the phone until time to sell another car, then I'm done.

I "invited" you to some mission, but that's because the mission wasn't full and it was auto-inviting everyone from the joined players' friend lists. I wish I could turn this feature off, but you can't. That's a running joke between me and Robert, 'cause I'm constantly getting auto-invites to whatever wacky deathmatch he thought about joining for 10 seconds and then backed out of.

Learned something this afternoon: If a full room of 6 are playing "Extradition" - the one where you blow up the guy in the plane at Fort Zancudo and then blow up the DA in a limo, retrieve the case and take it to Martin's - the jets don't spawn at Trevor's airfield. A Buzzard does, but no jets.

And I used to wait until people shot first (and they almost always did), but I'm so twitchy these days I'm like "WHITE DOT! KILL IT!" (opens fire). That's what happened in my much-hell-given-over kill of Lance Armstrong a while back. I go toward white dot, I see white dot, and I'm firing on him while I'm processing "hey, dood's on a bicycle." Of course after killing him, I thought "gotta ride off on his bike," but it wouldn't let me.

I did this awhile back just have such a jumpy trigger finger that I opened fire on some poor sap on a bicycle down by the beach because I saw a white dot coming around the corner.  Sent him a message saying sorry, didn't realize you were just joy riding but he would just keep coming towards me so I shot him a couple more times, saw the bike he was riding just sitting there so I blew it up with a sticky bomb for the hell of it.  Turns out he had it as a personal vehicle and I got bad rep points for blowing up a fucking bike.  As soon as I did that he just sends me a message back "fuck you I just wanted my bike" and he took off the other direction.

• Like 1

So, one of those deathmatches tonight was 4 on 3. Two of the team with four were two of the best deathmatch players in our group. One of the team of three was me. That's just not fair from the get-go. I'm still kicking myself for not betting 10 billion on the other team. As some sleazy sports bookie would say, "IT'S AN IRON-CLAD LOCK!"

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to any future teammates of mine in future deathmatches. I'm sorry. I'm trying as hard as I can, but I'm a pee-wee player in the NFL. 

We should spot my team at least 10 kills just to be fair. My team, for example, would only have to get to 20 kills if the other team has to get to 30. That would make it a little more fair.

MY USUAL EDIT: Two things that I'm typing while they're in my mind:

1. Rippa, etc.: If you're tired of randoms rambling into your jobs, do this. Hit the start button (to bring up the map), go to the Online tab, then down to Options, then look for Matchmaking (it's the seventh one down). Change it to "closed." No more randoms in jobs you host.

2. Got to thinking, let's combine our geekdom. If there was a 'Rasslin' Radio channel on GTA, what would be on it? My rules, I say we make two playlists. One with no songs composed specifically for wrestlers and one that can be both. For some reason, I got to thinking about Eddie Gilbert coming out to "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer and it made me miss the lawless days when wrestlers could use "real" songs as their themes without paying an arma and a leg.

• Like 1

So, one of those deathmatches tonight was 4 on 3. Two of the team with four were two of the best deathmatch players in our group. One of the team of three was me. That's just not fair from the get-go. I'm still kicking myself for not betting 10 billion on the other team. As some sleazy sports bookie would say, "IT'S AN IRON-CLAD LOCK!"

It all evened and we all did our best.  Some you win and some you lose.  We may have gotten our asses handed to us on the Maze Bank map, but we made a respectable showing at the Observatory.

I am digging this rasslin' radio idea.

And I am dumb.  I forgot that you cannot get increases in the the Special ability until the Special meter is down to zero.   I finally maxed out Michael's Bullet Time by driving like a maniac through Sandy Shores, picking fights with the Lost, slowing time to score headshots, and then zooming around in a fast car until the meter refills. 

I will try to slug my way through Caida Libre and then work on maxing out Trevor's Rage skill.

Franklin's Stealth and Flying are still sub-par, but I can just send Franklin to Flight School to land the Mallard a dozen times and then dress in green and sneak smash Ballaz in the head with a baseball bat.

The problem is often in deathmatches, esp individual, i often dont have enough time to get to a spot to snipe. JT seems to always manage to kill me as i am climbing up a ladder to get to a vantage point.

I really hate shotgun forced DMs, since i never use them regularly in the game and have no proficiency with them.

GOT and lucha meant no time for GTA tuesday. And today is ME day, so maybe a couple days off from playing with do me some good. And if heists come soon, that should put a spark in everyones step.

I am beginning to dig shotgun DM's because my run and gun skills are not that great and I would get my ass kicked if I didn't find a good place to camp.  

My ability to shoot on the fly has gotten a little better coping with Dan and Robert's rope-a-dope, but those two still win most of our open exchanges of gunfire.

I shouldn't be telling you this, but I spot you because you climb the ladder too fast.  It makes your red dot show up on the map. :)

I probably just signed my own death warrant.. :angry:

And yeah, it is ME Wednesday so Rippa and I will probably be putting the boots to Cerberus this afternoon.  If I am home at a decent hour before Rippa signs on and do not pass out from exhaustion, I may attempt to beat the Caida Libre mission again and work on Franklin's skills.

Who knows when I will be on tonight because my wife is planning on steam cleaning the carpet tonight in prep for the visit from my family so who knows when I will have access to the TV with the XBOX.

I also enjoy JT constantly mentioning Dan and Robert's flip flop and flying while conveniently ignoring that his ass was tumbling all over the place yesterday too :-)

I also enjoy JT constantly mentioning Dan and Robert's flip flop and flying while conveniently ignoring that his ass was tumbling all over the place yesterday too :-)

In order to attack an enemy's strategy, one must first adopt it.

- Sun Tzu

• Like 2

So I just went through flight school and was completely unaware planes had rudders.

Bwah?  You can better sustain knife flights by using the rudder.  Practicing them in the Vestra has me more confident about doing the Knife Flight challenge in game with Trevor as the pilot.

Oh believe me - I realized last night

"Fuck - I am going to have to learn how to fucking forward roll. God Dammit it!"

I am also going to have to quit forgetting how do to shit I am able do to normally without mashing some mystical button combination. 

I got Dolfan on the roof of the Observatory. because I suddenly remembered I could blind fire down an alley by just using RT instead of aiming down the iron sights and getting my brains blown out in the process.

I really wish we had some more created stuff to do. I need to get on that.

Dolfan is going to keep wondering why he gets all these votes for his race all of a sudden

OH! And Dan discovered last night that apparently you can't run a playlist with more than 6 people

I've been thinking about creating a deathmatch in either Paleto Bay or Chumash but if I did create a DM, I'd want it to be a tribute to an iconic gunfight from a crime movie.  I should probably hit up my DVD collection for inspiration.

Shotgun Wedding is obviously a tribute to the church shootouts from Kill Bill 1, The Killer, and Face/Off.

I will check to see if there is a hotel interior to work with and go with one of the shootouts from the Boondock Saints or pick a map near a restaruant and go with A Better Tomorrow. 

I was thinking about going Dick Tracy and having a shootout at the Pier with the Gusenberg Sweeper as the forced weapon, but I am not sure if it is available for use in the Creator now that the Valentine's Day Massacre content is locked.

I was as surprised as Dan was to see that even if you create a playlist with missions & jobs for 6+ players, you can't run the playlist with more than 6 players. I call bullshit.

Mark has long talked about trying to recreate the "race" route from It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World

I spent 5 minutes trying to figure that out and it made my head hurt

Is he trying to just do the chase from the climax of the movie, or is it a race mirroing the plot progression starting from the place where Smiley dies to where the W should be? 

I guess that would make the route start in the Senora Desert and end somewhere in Vespucci Beach or Paleto Bay.

Either way yeah, that makes my temples ache.

My recollection of the conversation is it is just the climax.

But if start at the beginning of the movie to the end... God Bless

I mean I have reenacted Smiley death dive more than enough in the game where I don't need a specific race for it.