DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah, we blew up that 18-wheeler in front of the Titan during one try at it earlier (I can't remember if you were part of that, Robert, or if it was just me and Mel and Mis) and there was no budging that thing's corpse. We tried blowing it up some more, bashing into it, you name it, it would not budge. I think we wound up blowing up the Titan trying to get the 18-wheeler out of the way.

We had four people down there sniping, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion from the start, though I do remember thinking "it's clear down there already?" 

Oh yeah, I didn't have to do not crap during that truck stealing mission, either. Still went to the pay winda, baby~!

I've never landed a plane, even on a runway, so I figured the mission would be no time to start. That mission as a whole lacked for more Tango Bravo Charlie Delta Niner official communications nonsense talk.

My dad is Army and both of my Grandfathers were Navy and I work for DoD.  There are times during gaming when I revert to SpecOps mission speak, so enemy aircraft will become "tangos," kills will become "k's" or "kacks" so forth.

You should be thankful that we're not playing Halo 4 and I am using US Ranger call-outs like "clubhouse" for the biggest building on the map or "HT inbound" (high threat) for boss enemies coming straight at us.

The steal the Titan mission was oddly like taking candy from a baby last night - usually when I play that one, something goes tragically wrong.

That and the truck mission went exceptionally smoothly.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to remember "clubhouse," that's awesome. Between that and the Foghorn Leghorn voices, we're well on our way.

The "Sierra Hotel" stuff reminds me of the Family guy Stewie "over" walkie-talkie bit.

I need to work on my Herbert impression so I can ask the nine-year-olds in general chat if they'd like to come over to my apartment - I've got some popsicles in my freezer.

True statement:  the mission speak term "kack" actually comes from the German verb "kacken" which means "to defecate."  It is not proper protocol to swear over an Army band radio so if a Ranger wants to say he just blew the shit out of his intended target, he says "Target kacked."

• Like 1

We also put a lot of worker related jargon in our chat.  I think I hear bad bump at least once a night, usually in conjunction with me being too near somone else's grenade during a deathmatch.

And of course the adopted crew motto taken from Cowboy James Storm from TNA.  SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK~!

Whenver Rippa or I find ourselves trouble in ME3, we are said to be "on the Anderson side of the ring."

One day I will find a way to put raz's in chat promos on the Youtubes.  Every time he finishes one of those, I think the next voice I hear should belong to Rhubarb Jones.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a blast, but it also showed me I need to get into the game more: I'm kinda competitive, so not winning ANYTHING all day showed I need to work out the kinks. Melraz and Robert both kicked my ass all night. Losing that team deathmatch with J.T. when we were up 2 with 12 SECONDS LEFT burns, man.

The afterparty, as I will now call the freemode death march after the missions was a fucking blast.

Saying you're kinda competitive is like the Pope saying he's kinda Catholic.

And I take the responsibility for the team deathmatch loss.  My gameplay was off the entire session so looking for targets was not smart of me to say the least, especially that melraz was scoring sniper shots at will without the siightest hint to where his nest was.

I shoulda camped somewhere and accepted the knock to my K/D ratio.  Live to fight another day.

• Like 1

Saying you're kinda competitive is like the Pope saying he's kinda Catholic.

And I take the responsibility for the deathmatch loss.  My play was off the entire session so looking for targets was not smart of me to say the least, especially that melraz was scoring sniper shots at will without the siightest hint to where his nest was.

I shoulda camped somewhere and accepted the knock to my K/D ratio.  Live to fight another day.

No, while we could use the old "shoulda never been in that position" argument, the fact is I had a clear shot at Phils head with 12 seconds left. Missed. He killed me, then got another kill to win it. If I take him out there, that's a 3 kill swing to our side. I needed to be better there. Even if we double kill, we still would have won by 1.

But whatever, we can get them next time.

No, while we could use the old "shoulda never been in that position" argument, the fact is I had a clear shot at Phils head with 12 seconds left. Missed. He killed me, then got another kill to win it.

I always argue the "never put yourself in that position" because it is true.  Our score deficit came from kacks scored on me, so I dug the hole we were forced to try to recover from with seconds to go.

That's just math, bro.  The hard calculus.

I think the fact that really burns Dan is that it was me who scored two kills in 10 seconds to steal the win :-)

The Supply deathmatch and several others already says that you're a better killer than you advertise yourself as being.  And Mark is too.  For a guy that claims to hate deathmatches, he sure seemed to enjoy pistol sniping the shit out of me.

I think the fact that really burns Dan is that it was me who scored two kills in 10 seconds to steal the win :-)

It doesn't burn me that it was you: I know your good, your just usually under equipped in deathmatches compared to the rest of us. You winning when we get to matches where it's Pistols only shows that.

It burns me because I knew you were there! I saw you going up and moved into position to try to get the kill, had the first shot, and missed. I thought about going up the ladder, but when it enters the final seconds, that is a death move, because you will know I'm coming and get the drop on me. So I was betting on us getting into a position were it's just who makes the shot first: You did. Sucks for me.

And J.T., you can argue that, but I can counter argue that while I led the deathmatch in kills, I also led it in deaths. Melraz killed me a bunch that one, so it's just as fair a statement against me.

.... still, that moment when you went high, I killed Robert low, and then you sniped Melraz was worth that game :).

Also, to jstout: I never dread teaming with anyone: I do however sometimes dread going against a group like J.T., Melraz, and Robert, because that team is terror in the shape of 3 men.

Wish I could like all these posts but I've found out there is a limit on the amount of likes you can do inna day. Yesterday and last night was a blast. Yall've got me hooked on big crew games from races to missions to death matches. I don't care if I die (well now as much) by one of yall as to lil stranger shits that are just on. Unless Robert puts a sticky bomb onna 18 wheeler and waits for a poor sap to take cover behind it.

As far as the fighter jet flying goes I dunno what happened I'm usually awful at em. I ourghta be on tonight makin new friends and keepin my 100% loved stat. streak goin. Cause in the DVDR it's all bout makin peace now war. And stout I've been in more wars with you (us VS the world) than anybody. It's a dalm honor to have your ass on my team.

• Like 1

And J.T., you can argue that, but I can counter argue that while I led the deathmatch in kills, I also led it in deaths. Melraz killed me a bunch that one, so it's just as fair a statement against me.

But you contributed more kills to our score.  I think I maybe had three k's the entire match.  I have no problems admitting when my form not up to grade.

But I will get my chance to be the hammer instead of the nail sooner than some would like.  More often than not, I am a fairly efficient deathmatch player.

.... still, that moment when you went high, I killed Robert low, and then you sniped Melraz was worth that game :).

I will probably never get that clean of an opportunity ever again.  My first shot hit him in the vest and I prayed I'd reload in time to get a second shot.  If I didn't, I knew I was dead because he was zooming in on me as I was chambering my next round.

I am probably taking a hiatus from GTA until after the magazine is done and going to NOLA, although i may pop on for jobber thursday for a few minutes.

I am up for Jobber Thursday.

I could stand to win a tennis match (we'll just play one game rather than a whole set) and get a Target Grid win at the shooting range.

Wish I could like all these posts but I've found out there is a limit on the amount of likes you can do inna day. Yesterday and last night was a blast. Yall've got me hooked on big crew games from races to missions to death matches. I don't care if I die (well now as much) by one of yall as to lil stranger shits that are just on. Unless Robert puts a sticky bomb onna 18 wheeler and waits for a poor sap to take cover behind it.

As far as the fighter jet flying goes I dunno what happened I'm usually awful at em. I ourghta be on tonight makin new friends and keepin my 100% loved stat. streak goin. Cause in the DVDR it's all bout makin peace now war. And stout I've been in more wars with you (us VS the world) than anybody. It's a dalm honor to have your ass on my team.

Hey, if they didn't mean for us to blow up those tanker trucks, then they shouldn't have put the damn things there. 

Hey, if they didn't mean for us to blow up those tanker trucks, then they shouldn't have put the damn things there.

That's what I said about Horseback Hell, but everyone gets mad at me when I blow up the fuel tanks.

I think I got Jstout last night in the Trailer Park deathmatch when I shot at the propane tank near his hiding place.  The one shining moment in an otherwise dismal outing.

Yeah, horseback hell is where I got the idea - I've seen too many tanker trailers blown up there.

I'll probably be up for a bit of jobbing on Thursday, though I probably won't be on for very long.  There aren't many things I have a reasonable chance of completing in this lifetime, unless somebody wants to stand still while I get 170 more headshots, so I'm down for whatever.

The big scrum when we first dropped out of missions was great, when we had 6 of us vs. most of the rest of the server.  I even managed to steal 3 kills from melraz in a row, to make up for some of the 8 dodecadillion times he's done that to me.  The only problem was that with everybody right on top of each other, there was always somebody with at least 3-4 stars.  So as soon as I shot someone, I'd have SWAT all over me.  The cops killed me constantly.  The killer bee/piranha act later was good too.

Forgot to mention - I got my first ever special crate over the weekend - in an invite only server of all things.  I got the message one was coming while I was car bombing in a public.  Dropped into an invite only a few hours later, and there it was waiting for me.  Just had to kill 3 mercs to grab it.  I'm now wearing my very own Los Santos Belle t-shirt.

I got my first ever special crate over the weekend - in an invite only server of all things.  I got the message one was coming while I was car bombing in a public.  Dropped into an invite only a few hours later, and there it was waiting for me.  Just had to kill 3 mercs to grab it.  I'm now wearing my very own Los Santos Belle t-shirt.

THERE IS HOPE FOR ME YET~!

Is the logo on the shirt broken?  My Red Skull shirt is glitched so that the logo shows up on the back instead of the front.  I have heard that the last patch broke all of the trophy t-shirts including the R* one.

I got my first ever special crate over the weekend - in an invite only server of all things.  I got the message one was coming while I was car bombing in a public.  Dropped into an invite only a few hours later, and there it was waiting for me.  Just had to kill 3 mercs to grab it.  I'm now wearing my very own Los Santos Belle t-shirt.

Is the logo on the shirt broken?  My Red Skull shirt is glitched so that the logo shows up on the back instead of the front.  I have heard that the last patch broke all of the trophy t-shirts including the R* one.

It's on the back.  I figured that's where it was supposed to be - didn't know any better.

They put em there for cover Robert. Just kiddin I'm just mad cause I didn't think of it.

I've played enough with you to know you weren't taking that too seriously, especially after beer #1.

Yeah I am not falling for the beer thing anymore,  Fucking melraz is all "Hey, guys.  I've had too much to drink tonight," yet he is fucking Maverick from Top Gun in a goddamned Lazer fighter jet.

I am stone cold sober and am lucky just to keep the goddamned thing in the air.

I am buying a six-pack of Bud Light with Lime on the way home.

No, make that a six pack of Raging Bitch IPA.  Alcohol is clearly the key to victory.

• Like 1

It's on the back.  I figured that's where it was supposed to be - didn't know any better.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!

This had better get patched in 1.12.