DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

That is badass!  GTA Online is a lot more fun when you are the giver of grief and not the recipient.

I've done plenty of bug duty, including later that night when a tank showed up.  It's nice to occasionally be the windshield.

Got into a couple of gunfights this morning with other players to test the new firearms that came with the update.   We had a 3 hour delayed opening on post this morning.

The Special Carbine has a much slower ROF than the Advanced Rifle but it has quite a bit more stopping power and it is just as accurate.  It is modeled after the Heckler & Koch G36K.

The Heavy Pistol does a lot more damage than the AP Pistol but the slower RoF makes the AP the better firearm, IMO, yet both have 36 round extended mags..  A traditional dead heat when it comes to trade-offs.

The HP is not modeled after the Desert Eagle, because the Pistol .50 has that model.  The Heavy Pistol looks more like a Sig Sauer SP 2022 or an FNP .45.  It is probably an FNP because I've never seen a Sig Sauer with that sort of built-in tactical red dot sight.

I think the Heavy Pistol and the Special Carbine will find favor with the Free Aim crowd while the AP Pistol and the Advanced Rifle will continue to hold a special place in the hearts of those dependant on Assisted Aim.  I will probably continue to use the AP Pistol as my side arm, but will keep the Special Carbine as my duty rifle for a bit.

JT's inner gun nerd is shining through.  You know more than me, and I've owned 3 Sigs - still own one.

• Like 1

Robert more than held his own against that tank. That guy was kinda more of a pain in the rear than anything. He came with an annoying "little dog" buddy who just kept getting killed over and over again.

The changes in the new patch: http://bit.ly/1i3SVpu

Apparently, they haven't fixed the fun glitch where a player can somehow get in your garage and shoot you. Some guy was doing that to us last night, and I've never seen enemies turn away from each other and toward a common goal so quickly - the two guys we were fighting with and us all started chasing the guy around until he left with a quickness. One of my friends said someone got in his garage and blew up all of his cars, leaving him to pay for them because the dude was broke. So, let's be careful out there, as the guy from "Hill Street Blues" would say.

Onine rumor last night had them making it harder to kill a tank (for some reason), but that's not mentioned in the changes. As soon as I abandon the Sanchez because i can't mod the engine, they fix it.

Edit: How hard would it be for players to "go in the red" if they blow up someone's car and have no money? Just charge it to their account and put them at minus money until they work off their debt. I know people could just go minus forever, but maybe they'd eventually pay you off. Or send them off to Dunce School if they're in minus for so long. Call it Debtor's Prison.

Well I never understood the option to turn off catch-up either but I guess some people just want non-competitive races.

I am more irritated that I had to download the update AND THEN the Business Update.

Stupid everything

Robert more than held his own against that tank. That guy was kinda more of a pain in the rear than anything. He came with an annoying "little dog" buddy who just kept getting killed over and over again.

That other guy was my fault.  I was tracking tank boy by the bounty you put on him.  The other guy had one on him too, and I killed him after I mistook him for tank boy.  Pretty much exactly the same thing I did to you a few minutes later - I was a little trigger happy by then.  After that he decided to go after me, not realizing a.) it would turn into 3 on 1 b.) that he was really, really bad

No slipstreaming is bullshit. As Jstout said, drafting is racing and you cannot unlock some car mods without slipstreaming in races.

And yeah, Rob, my Dad was Ordinance when he was in the Army. I get my gun nerd tendencies honestly. I like Sigs, but I am a Glock man myself.. With my daughter staying with me every other weekend, I am fearful of having a pistol in the apartment that requires .45 ACP or .357 ammo. Nines are bad enough.

Mis and I ran into two guys after Robert left who were decently high level (90 and 80 something) who were just ab-so-lute-ly stupid about playing the game. One would do that crap where he would put it in passive mode, then get near me, then come out and try to shoot me, but he was still getting shot for his trouble. Meanwhile, the other had no concept of "taking cover" and got snipered 200 times. Then they kept getting helicopters and getting shot down.

Mis came up to me with a $5,000 bounty and a herd of cops behind him, and I gotta admit I grabbed his bounty with a quickness because I wanted to take out those other guys' helicopter all by myself, which I did.

And they've fixed it now, but I could tell if someone was racing with this NOS hack because catchup would be off and I'd be in a fully modded Adder and they'd still beat me (in a pretty clean race) by 10 or so seconds.

Well I never understood the option to turn off catch-up either but I guess some people just want non-competitive races.

Even with the option to catch up, I rarely regain lost ground in a race.

That and turning the option off did not prevent NOS hack cars from gaining ground and passing you via slipstreaming.

It also really weird now that your GPS lists your exact home address instead of just saying "HOME"

I actually like that update.  So now when I say, "I'm headed back to Alton Street" in party chat, people don't just go, "WHAT~?"

The new Turismo R is pretty sweet super car.  If I didn't already own an Entity XF, I'd get one.

Even with the option to catch up, I rarely regain lost ground in a race.

That and turning the option off did not prevent NOS hack cars from gaining ground and passing you via slipstreaming.

As Phil will attest too, catch up is invaluable for those of us often trailing by 20+ seconds to at leqst be able to catch up enpugh to not get a DNF.

It also really weird now that your GPS lists your exact home address instead of just saying "HOME"

A lot of people were speculating online last night that this change is setting the table for people to own more than one property at a time.

There's an awesome 10-car garage near both the Los Santos Customs and an AmmuNation on the right-hand part of the map (can't think of the neighborhood's name, in the industrial part of town up from Simeon's warehouse). I'd love to have that. I've considered selling my apartment in the middle of town and moving there, but they taunt me with these heists and needing an apartment to plan them, so I'm staying put.

I would definitely go for another garage.  I want to get at least one of the new cars, and I've got the money, but I'm going to have to sell stuff to make room.

I'd also like them to fix things when they say they're fixed.  I still don't have any hair after removing a mask, for example.

A ten car garage is enough space for me.  I'm not inclined to own multiple cars of the same class so I don't need to own the Entity and the Turismo. 

I'm mostly interested in rare spawn vehicles so I will eventually put a tracker on an Obey Tailgater and find / mod an Impote Phoenix so that it looks like The Bandit's Pontiac Black / Gold Trans-Am.  Too bad it won't have the bird emblem on the hood.

I played with the new update for a bit. I spent most of my meager savings on clothes. The new rifle is nice. I'll probably never be able to afford any of the new vehicles.

They should have had the ability to buy multiple properties from the start, or at least offer a place in the sticks that has a 10 car garage.

I played with the new update for a bit. I spent most of my meager savings on clothes. The new rifle is nice. I'll probably never be able to afford any of the new vehicles.

They should have had the ability to buy multiple properties from the start, or at least offer a place in the sticks that has a 10 car garage.

Why are you poor? Get on Coveted and get some millions.