DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/5/15

victor

Absolutely hilarious that they make a big deal about the 'Give Divas a chance" and they bring out Cameron, Summer Rae, and Eva Marie.  Surprised they didn't Rosa Mendes in there as well.   Like they were telling people that be careful what you wish for because we will give you THESE DIVAS.  

Man that R-Truth stealing segment at the beginning was so much better live than on TV.   Couldn't even bother showing him hiding behind the time keeper I guess.

My wife saw this segment and said, "am I supposed to care about these chicks or something?"

But when you have an unpinned gimmick like Rusev, the one who does it should be at Rusev's level or above it. If Axel is the one to get the win, will the heat pass over to Cena to build the Rusev/Cena match? Also I wouldn't have Cena be the guy to end the streak. I know it's cliche at this point, but I'd either have Reigns be the one to get the first pin or maybe a top debuting NXT guy (Balor/Neville/Owens) if you're gonna push that guy as a top guy right away.

Neville being the first to beat Rusev would be perfect. Looks like he'll be on Raw by 3/30 at the latest. There's no doubt Neville has the talent to stay over, the biggest challenge is getting that initial investment from non-NXT viewers for a guy who's not a killer promo. A ready-made angle with a ton of heat thanks to John Cena putting it over would be the ideal intro for someone like that. Plus it'd be on the one-year anniversary of Rusev's debut/streak and coming off a second win over Cena, setting up the obvious cocky promo just begging to be interrupted... Jesus, it's so perfect, you know we'll never see it on Raw.

But when you have an unpinned gimmick like Rusev, the one who does it should be at Rusev's level or above it. If Axel is the one to get the win, will the heat pass over to Cena to build the Rusev/Cena match? Also I wouldn't have Cena be the guy to end the streak. I know it's cliche at this point, but I'd either have Reigns be the one to get the first pin or maybe a top debuting NXT guy (Balor/Neville/Owens) if you're gonna push that guy as a top guy right away.

Neville being the first to beat Rusev would be perfect. Looks like he'll be on Raw by 3/30 at the latest. There's no doubt Neville has the talent to stay over, the biggest challenge is getting that initial investment from non-NXT viewers for a guy who's not a killer promo. A ready-made angle with a ton of heat thanks to John Cena putting it over would be the ideal intro for someone like that. Plus it'd be on the one-year anniversary of Rusev's debut/streak and coming off a second win over Cena, setting up the obvious cocky promo just begging to be interrupted... Jesus, it's so perfect, you know we'll never see it on Raw.

I think the best way to do it with Neville is to have Cena's distraction be completely minor. Rusev issues an open challenge for anyone not named John Cena, Adrien Neville comes out. That have a little back and forth for a few minutes. Rusev eventually has control. Have Cena's music play, Rusev looks at the entrance ramp, doesn't see Cena, continues to beat up Neville, Cena comes out, crowd pops, Rusev looks over, sees Cena, makes a belt motion taunting Cena about the fact that Rusev is still the champion. Neville uses this minor distraction to get back on offense. Cena just sits on stage and watches. Rusev misses his big kick, Neville counters with some move, hits the Red Arrow. Neville is your new US Champion, Cena stands up and cheers. Lana says the match shouldn't count because Cena distracted Rusev. Cena uses this to goad LANA into accepting the match for Rusev.

Now you have Rusev vs. Cena where Rusev is unhappy with Lana, Neville is over because he got a pretty clean win over Rusev, Cena gets his match w/o having to put his career up.

Axel breaking Rusev's streak would be fucking awesome tbh.

It would also be a lot bettet than sacrificing his streak for a meaningless Cena win.
I rather sacrifice the streak for John Cena then to a crappy comedy worker that has the shelf life of one more month

Axel breaking Rusev's streak would be fucking awesome tbh.

It would also be a lot bettet than sacrificing his streak for a meaningless Cena win.
I rather sacrifice the streak for John Cena then to a crappy comedy worker that has the shelf life of one more month

But Bray Wyatt isn't even involved in this angle.

• Like 2