DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: DAVE MASTIFF vs. THE BIG SHOW

DAVE MASTIFF vs. THE BIG SHOW  

94 members have voted

1. 1. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP

I watched the Conners match. There was a lot that he did that I liked. He basically did the whole match with only three "moves" (being a body slam, the crazy bullet cross body of doom, and the end tease German, with one samoan drop move teased, and the cannonball missed. He did a lot with a little, which I always appreciate. I wish he hadn't taken that roll up off the ropes, but in general, I thought he gave pretty smartly. I wish his cut offs were a bit more interesting. I like his broad body strike European uppercuts. I wish he had used the shoulder as a cut off at some point. He targeted it a couple of times but it just wasn't the story of the match and that's fine. I was just looking for something other than the stomach kicks he did a few times for cut offs. I actually liked Conners' corner flurry because it felt desperate and also looked fairly weak which justified the sheer amount of it. I worry it wasn't from selling but just because his stuff isn't so great. Not sure. I liked the build to the slam spot since it was paid off through a callback from earlier in the match (and one that made sense because Conners early strategy was to go for roll ups and what not). 

I'd watch more of him and I'll vote him over Show, who I've been sort of frustrated with since November or so. He really needs to start watching some late era Andre and have guys go to him more. He's trying to move faster than he can a lot of the time now.

I'm one of those types who only votes for the guys I've heard of, but I had to go with Dave Mastiff here.  How could I not vote for a guy with such a charming beard and who proudly displays his own bastard percentage on his wrestling attire?

I'm one of those types who only votes for the guys I've heard of, but I had to go with Dave Mastiff here.  How could I not vote for a guy with such a charming beard and who proudly displays his own bastard percentage on his wrestling attire?

While I also voted Mastiff, Big Show's bastard heritage is known to all.

• Like 1