DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: DERRICK DUKES

RIPPA

Mickey Rourke having his fake boxing match against the homeless guy made me and Ed think of Derrick Dukes.

Dukes was best know for being a terrible wrestler who was in the AWA for a hot minute. He then took a dive in a boxing match for Mark Gastineau. Yes THAT Mark Gastineau.

I have also convinced myself that Dukes was on the cover of the 2nd National Sports Daily Newspaper but god forbid the fucking newspaper archives were online.

There is so much going on in that second video. No your eyes aren't deceiving you - that IS Mark Curtis as a heel manager.

I did a search and was like "AWESOME!  Top guns versus the Destruction crew!"  But it was an indie Young Guns against an indie Destruction Crew.  My heart fell....

It was actually the second to last issue of the National. I believe the picture of Dukes on the cover was credited to Wade Keller.

(If i was home, i could take a picture. I have a handful of National issues still, including the last two..

I still cannot believe that his claim to fame is the Loser Gets Painted Yellow match with Col. DeBeers.

Well that is his claim to fame in wrestling.

As I said - in life - it is throwing a boxing match to Mark Gastineau