DVDVR Message Board

British Bootcamp 2

Apparently this is going to happen no matter what (which makes sense since its the UK, has its own TV deal and such)

So far the following people have been invited (its a little unclear if it means there were just invited to audition or if they are actually on the show)

Mark Andrews

Rampage Brown
RJ Singh

El Ligero

The Owens Girls

Martin Stone

Obviously for most of us on the board - the big name of that list is Rampage Brown.

Or as I said in his WOTD thread "Yay????"

Does Paige have any sibilings in the biz?

Yes. Roy and Zak - 'The UK Hooligans'.

Roy has been in jail which makes a work permit really tough. Zak appeared in a Big Show handicap squash and was well liked by teh boys, but probably doesn't have the look for the majors. I think they're still hoping that they'll be called for by WWE, so might resist TNA overtures - or at least the prospect of being a TNA reject.

So far the following people have been invited (its a little unclear if it means there were just invited to audition or if they are actually on the show)

Mark Andrews

Rampage Brown

RJ Singh

El Ligero

The Owens Twins

Martin Stone

Noam Dar and Sha Samuels have also been invited.

Overall it's a really good mix of talent so far. Shame that the show comes at such a turbulent time for TNA.

Also, for what it's worth, the original press release said it's going to be auditions first, then the best 12 people from the auditions get to wrestle on the 'UK finale' (which is being taped on August 16th at York Hall in London) and then the final 6 go to New York to determine the winner there.

2 things

Ive never seen the Hooligans but after that promo, I feel like Wade Barrett should bring them and their Dad in as his long lost bare knuckle fighting cousins.

Rampage Brown could be so much greatness on this.

• Like 1

Ligero is an odd case, where most of the UK fans love him, and I find him very much just "ok". On his day, he's great, but I've sat through too many bang average performances to consider him great.

Martin Stone has the WWE developmental experience TNA might like (he's the former Danny Burch). He's a great promo, really tight worker and, if fucking Bull Dempsy can get an NXT push, I've no idea why he wasn't squashing guys on NXT each week.

Mandrews is a great little high flyer, really good at working underdog face and with some good in-ring charisma. Seen him have some great matches in the last 12 months with Zack Sabre Jr, Rich Swann and Mark Haskins. Won't win, but he's one of the better guys in it,

• Like 2

Ligero is an odd case, where most of the UK fans love him, and I find him very much just "ok". On his day, he's great, but I've sat through too many bang average performances to consider him great.

Martin Stone has the WWE developmental experience TNA might like (he's the former Danny Burch). He's a great promo, really tight worker and, if fucking Bull Dempsy can get an NXT push, I've no idea why he wasn't squashing guys on NXT each week.

Mandrews is a great little high flyer, really good at working underdog face and with some good in-ring charisma. Seen him have some great matches in the last 12 months with Zack Sabre Jr, Rich Swann and Mark Haskins. Won't win, but he's one of the better guys in it,

Sounds like you've probably seen him more than I have (I basically just go to Progress every two months for the most part), but I think Ligero largely deserves his reputation. When he was Progress Champion and they were booking him in 15 minute + matches they were generally the match of the night. Saying that, the best matches I've ever seen him involved in were both with Noam Dar. Noam Dar is awesome. Considering he's about twenty, he has incredible ring presence, puts on really smartly worked matches, and has built up a real rapport with fans. If there is still a TNA of any kind for the winner to earn a job with, he's exactly the sort of wrestler they should be signing. Mark Andrews is a spectacular high flyer, and seems utterly convinced that he's immortal, which is kind of infectious if terrifying to watch at times. Everyone seems to know how good Rampage Brown is, and Sha Samuels is a very solid brawler from what I've seen of him.

I do like Ligero, but the best matches I've seen him in were during a big 18 month feud with Martin Kirby, and to be honest you could stick ME in the ring with Kirby and he could make the resulting mess watchable. I've seen him face good wrestlers like Chris Masters, Tommy End and Max Angelus, and they've been lower tier matches for all three guys. I've not seen any of his Progress work, which I've heard is great, and he's always massively popular at the shows I go to, so it could just be me.

^ They need 12. But mind you, all the names they're announcing so far appear to be for auditions and therefore some of these names might not make the final 12.

Meanwhile, some fitness chick by the name of Heather Schofield has been invited to the auditions as well. As far as I can tell she doesn't appear to have any prior wrestling experience, but is certainly easy on the eyes so there's that.

https://twitter.com/heatherschof/status/495090058098409472/photo/1

Updated list of the names who'll be auditioning for the show:

Males:

Rampage Brown

Dave Mastiff

Martin Stone

Joel Redman

El Ligero

Grado

Noam Dar

Kris Travis

RJ Singh

Sha Samuels

Mark Andrews

Jack Gallagher

Josh Bodom

Tiger Ali

Cyanide

The Babyfaced Pitbull

The Unnatural Disasters (Bulk & Karn)

The Fabulous Bakewell Boys (Jerry Bakewell & Steakley Bakewell)

John Harding

Joe Vega

Kevin Lloyd

Chuck Cyrus

Rory Bailey

Evan Sarven

Hamish Campbell

Pyro

Matt Fox

Sebastian Radclaw

Joseph Conners

Johnny Rock

Bill Duffy

Simon Lancaster

The Nordic Warrior

Richard Parliament

Pastor William Eaver

Priscilla

Jordan Miles

Mr. Tank

Females:

Nikki Storm

The Owens Twins (Leah & Kasey Owens)

Kay Lee Ray

Viper

Lana Austin

Melanie Price

Heather Schofield (a fitness competitor)

Skarlett

Miss Louise-Jane

And again, these are names that are auditioning for the show. It remains to be seen who will make the final cut and end up in the final 12 that will be featured on the show.

A guy named Pyro is saying he was invited.

Is he one of those guys on the list already (under a different name)?

Otherwise - that is another one

I don't think he's on the list. I'll edit him in.

EDIT - Added a few more names to the list.

It appears TNA (well, Borash) sent out a bunch of confirmation e-mails a few hours ago so that why is a lot of new names are popping up right now.

I've updated the list of names a couple of posts above this one. The most notable names are mentioned first.

Also, it's worth pointing out that they're doing a storyline deal where Spud has taken it upon himself to invite, basically, a bunch of freaks and geeks to audition for the show. Hence why there's so many names. Spud's claiming he's doing it because he wants to give underdogs (such as himself) a chance while Borash is claiming Spud's only doing it to make himself look good (by trying to load up the new season of Boot Camp with lesser talent).

I guess the idea here is that they more or less know who they're picking for the final 12 but want to throw in a bunch of freaks and geeks in the mix to create some car crash TV moments for the auditions part of the show.