DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 5/16/14

victor

My problem with Sandow's gimmick is that he felt like someone who used big words inorganically, like he looked them up in the dictionary to sound smart but felt artifical.

I always felt like that was the point and why we were supposed to hate him?

Always wanted him to bring in a tag team called The World's Smartest Tag Team to form an undercard stable but we got 3MB and I'm pretty ok with them.

It seems like his "spot" was meant to be the introductory feud for new singles babyfaces.  He's unlikable, so he would insure not only that they got over, but by him spelling out what he hated about them, would make sure the audience liked them for the "right" reasons.

But lately that role has been Zeb and whoever he's managing...with the tip in by Cole screaming at us that we love them and we're all having SO MUCH FUN.

stimpy.png

FUN GODDAMN YOU ALL FUNNNNNNNNNNNN

I'm thinking that Sandow's "I'm being handcuffed and they won't let me talk" deal is attached to Alicia Fox's tantrum gimmick. Aren't they a couple in real life?

Are they really? I would have never called that.

When will we start getting 15-minute spinoff series like THE WYATT FAMILY TAKES OVER VARIOUS FRANCHISES FOR A DAY:

Episode 1: Starbucks

*customer spills coffee on self*

*Bray pops in out of nowhere*

"Burn."

*SHEEPMASKJUMPCUT*

"This double fat double cream mocha chocolate pomecranberry cappucino is a lie man. They told you it was safe to indulge. They told you it would set you free. They lied to you like they lied to me and my people. I am a leader of people man. I lead the people that say NO to double cream. In this case man, the cream will not, shall not, cannot simply rise to the top. *insert 80's subvillian evil laugh*

It will fester and bubble and make fizz down below. Where I reside. All you have to do is follow the buzzards to find the way man. Follow the buZZARDS!"

*SHEEPMASKJUMPCUT*

• Like 2

I'm thinking that Sandow's "I'm being handcuffed and they won't let me talk" deal is attached to Alicia Fox's tantrum gimmick. Aren't they a couple in real life?

I thought Alicia was dating Barrett.

We're no better than the people who pour over the National Enquirer, People, or Us Weekly. Sigh.

We're no better than the people who pour over the National Enquirer, People, or Us Weekly. Sigh.

Oh we're so much worse.

• Like 1

Ah that's right. I got mixed up. Anyway, I still think they'll end up part of some "disgruntled group".

Is it just me or was Usos/Rhodes' real chippy? They didn't seem happy with each other. I know everyone's working more physical these days and Cody (and even Goldie) was working semi-heel, but man this one. Cody's shotei and the superkick were particularly notable. 

Oh we're so much worse.

You guys haven't even read my fan fiction yet...

• Like 1

Oh we're so much worse.

I started it but had to stop at the line "A shirtless, glistening Rand Paul enters..."

• Like 4

Oh we're so much worse.

I started it but had to stop at the line "A shirtless, glistening Rand Paul enters..."

The ellipsis instead of a period worries me.

"enters...[what or...whom]." 

• Like 2

A little late. Why did only one person mention Cena/Rowan? I thought Rowan did a great job and it's a shame he didn't get praise. We knew he was good in teams with Bray and Harper, but this match showed he can stand alone and be good, too. He fully understands what it means to be a big lug and gets the best out of it. He's a great contrast to Harper. Harper brings the crazy athletic Barry Windham stuff. Rowan just walks in and starts trying to crush people's heads and ram people's heads into walls and whatnot. He's huge and he understands how to use that to hurt people. He does it well. I like it.