DVDVR Message Board

I really enjoyed the Indie Hall of Fame show watching live.  All of the speeches were very good especially Steve Corino and Mercedes Martinez.   I personally enjoyed seeing CZW fan legend Whack Packer Hogan inducted.  If you are going to induct a fan and do it in Philly,  he should be there 😀  The only thing that I thought was a little strange was Missy Hyatt induction of Eddie Gilbert.   While he was honored and respected for his wrestling mind and heart, it felt less of an appreciation speech and more of a public service announcement to other wrestlers

Only regret on Philly weekend was that I didn't go to the Clusterfuck show show on Saturday night.  I had tickets but I completely underestimated how AWFUL it is to get out of the Philly Sports Complex area after an event.  No wonder a decent percentage of Eagles and Phillies fans are such assholes.  I would be too if I knew no matter how hard you try your not leaving that area until about 2 hours after the show.  by the time I got to an actual interstate, I had already missed the Punjabi Prison match and probably the first 30 minutes of Clusterfuck.  Although apparently the match lasted about 2 and 1/2 hours so if I wanted to fucking torture myself I could have seen most of it.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

Oh I know how it worked.   I just don't think I could have survived watching it until it finished which I believe at 4 in the morning.  Even I was surprised it last that long.  If you went to WM Night 1 and then the Clusterfuck until the end you deserve a medal

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My favorite thing that I saw was someone noted how this shows how Brett will never be Dennis Carluzzo because Carluzzo would have immediately given out Sabu's number and told fans to ask him why he wasn't showing

reminds me of Pat Buck doing this to Sid in 2012

Another year passes and here I still am trying to catch up on the Mania weekend shows.  I hope there's others in the same boat but there's been a lot of good shit going on.  Hell, I just now saw Ruckus in a tag match and Faye Jackson make her return on the For the Culture show so it's fun seeing these surprises since I didn't see the card beforehand.

Also, honest question but has anybody here actually managed to catch all the WM weekend shows within a day or two after it happened?  There's been so many that you would you have to be a zombie to have time to catch it all and not cheat by skipping through some matches.

You can watch all of GCW's Collective, or you can watch all of the IWTV slate, but watching both is probably unworkable.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm focusing on the Collective stuff and will likely check a show or two from IWTV. Only one I saw from there for obvious reasons was the Dean show. But as long as work's not busy I'm hoping to be good by mid next week. 

On 4/6/2024 at 8:18 AM, AxB said:

The ICW NHB show from last night (that was head to head with the WWE HoF, ROH Supercard of Honor and GCW Spring Break), it's really good. Same building as DEAN~!!, 24 hours later, and bloody as hell. But unlike a lot of "Every match is a Deathmatch" shows, it's not got that monotonousness. Every match has been different.

Hoodfoot and Clint Margera were even doing limbwork! Strike the arm, twist the arm, stab the arm with glass. Lovely stuff.

I think the pit fighting show they did last night is way better.

Every single person on this show and for that matter every single person in the crowd is mentally ill. My people.

• Haha 1

I love it when they get Referee Kim to do the ICW NHB shows, because she looks so horrified at basically everything that happens in the matches. Like most of the refs are pretty "seen it before" after a while, but she's constantly cringing from it. Really sells the devastating effect of the moves.

And with Ref Shiny Shoes now apparently giving up on the refereeing and concentrating on his career as an actual wrestler, hopefully Kim will start travelling more (instead of being a Tennessee exclusive). Obviously in an ideal world, SPO would still be reffing most of the matches, but that's tragically impossible, may he Rest in Peace.

• Like 1