DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2023-24 - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

Alrighty, it's March.  Let's enter the final stretch of the season with Pride Night at MSG as it's a MOD FIGHT~

RIPPA vs. DOLFAN, Monday Night!

EzyKyUQXIAAKHJE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Let's go cats!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

An erection?  In this economy?

Meanwhile, I watch that and all I can think is, "holy crap, that is some incredibly bad defense". 

Dylan Larkin is out for 2 weeks with a lower body injury suffered against Florida over the weekend. It's a busy 2 weeks with Detroit having 7 games in that stretch. 

Devils fired Lindy Ruff

Travis Green will be the interim

That is the 7th coaching change this season

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is that high or low for the NHL? Seems low. 

The record is 9 so take that for what it is worth

The cursed pandemic year (19-20) saw 8 fired before the pandemic started

I think it seems low because so many get purged during the offseason too (for example - this past offseason saw 6 coaches fired - so that's 15 new coaches since the end of last season)

Also, the NHL has always been good for shuffling the same folks around. Also, in the era when lots of folks were coach/GM, they may have given up the coaches duties and that maybe didn’t count as a firing.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Devils fired Lindy Ruff

That is the 7th coaching change this season

Me rn:

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Devils fired Lindy Ruff

New Jersey celebrated with a 5-3 loss to Florida last night.  Travis Green, who had the pallor of a guy on death row, said it was "good we got the puck to our top guys" and that the goalie play was "fine." 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

New Jersey celebrated with a 5-3 loss to Florida last night.  Travis Green, who had the pallor of a guy on death row, said it was "good we got the puck to our top guys" and that the goalie play was "fine." 

I was there. Game really wasn't as close as the score would indicate, Cats were tired later in the game due to playing the night before but you knew they would win. Given they are probably winning it all I hope they pick up Girgs or KO because they both deserve it.

Also: I'D GIVE ANYTHING TO BRING HIM BACK!

giphy.gif

And here comes the next big move...

Anaheim sends BOTH Sam Carrick and Adam Henrique to Edmonton.

Oilers give up a 1 this year and a conditional 4 or 5 next year. 

Kevyn Adams is a clueless putz:

"Hey, let's trade Casey when he's finally figured it all out for a fucking guy whose play has gone to shit after multiple concussions before he turned 23 caused him to nearly quit the sport!"

On 2/25/2024 at 9:43 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Gustav Forsling:

Quoting this just so I can see the highlight again and again...

Because the driver of the Gus Bus just got paid.   

Florida extends him for 8 yrs at 5.75 AAV.  

❤️

On 3/6/2024 at 6:21 AM, RIPPA said:

Washington has entered its giving up stage

Anthony Mantha to Vegas for a 4th and a 6th

Detroit fans: "told ya so!" 

Mantha has the potential to be good but he's incredibly lazy. Still can't believe we got a 1st round pick for him, along with Jakub Vrana, who played great when he played. 

7 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Mantha has the potential to be good but he's incredibly lazy. Still can't believe we got a 1st round pick for him, along with Jakub Vrana, who played great when he played. 

He actually started the season benched but eventually turned it up to be the Caps 2nd leading scorer this season (which at 20 goals is saying more about how shitty DC's offense has been this season)

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

He actually started the season benched but eventually turned it up to be the Caps 2nd leading scorer this season (which at 20 goals is saying more about how shitty DC's offense has been this season)

Yeah, he's got just 34 points and plays only 14 minutes a game. 20 goals is nice but he should be a high 30s scorer every year. But he insists on being invisible for long stretches of games. 

On 3/6/2024 at 10:49 AM, sabremike said:

I was there. Game really wasn't as close as the score would indicate, Cats were tired later in the game due to playing the night before but you knew they would win. Given they are probably winning it all I hope they pick up Girgs or KO because they both deserve it.

145_RAW_02132017hm_2049__a01f28100dc1bbe

Buffalo trades Kyle Okposo to Florida for Calle Sjalin and a 7.

• Like 1