DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

I’m making things last but not doing everything possible. I’m not going to do the Crimson Fleet storyline until NG+ 2. 

ithink yesterday was first time I had Barrett and he wanted to go to a temple and 

Spoiler

We met Barrett 2.

Yeah - that was the one I brought up when you were in your first playthrough

I think you bugged ass Barrett quest meant you were never gonna get it

And there is zero chance I do a NG+ 2

I’m already working on a strategy for NG2.i will do Crimson Fleet and also finally do a lot of the Ship Skill Upgrades I’ve skipped. I’ve been finally doing Botany and Zoology and which ever skill lets you scan planets. And maybe NG2 is when I start doing outposts. And maybe I’ll be doing NG2 when they release the creator kit, 

• Like 1

I was reading today about something that happened to a guy playing NG+ 33. 

Spoiler

He met his level 1 character during the intro scene at the Lodge. Dont know if that same as just meeting yourself. He was saying all the stats and traits matched too. 

• Like 1

For me,

1. doing stuff I couldn’t do at time because of bugs (Ryujin, Strikers faction stuff

2. doing stuff I skipped in initial playthrough (Barrett, Andreja stories, Crimson Fleet)

3. Haven’t done Outpost or Ship Building hardly at all yet

4. Want to visit all solar systems (I got an achievement for visiting 100 systems, but I think that’s double dipping) 

5. No new No Mans Sky update/expidition yet

6. getting my moneys worth out of the game and new laptop 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I mean I clearly hate myself by playing Destiny forever but I really just don't see the enjoyment in playing this game two consecutive times - let alone three

I will probably quit for a while pretty soon.  I am already invested, but I don't want to get too invested before Shattered Stars comes out.

One thing that stinks about this NG+3 go around 

Spoiler

With no Constellation members, I have to hire crew to help boost my starship rankings. Maybe I can finally recruit Amelia Earhart. I tried to do that last round, but there was a weird bug in Starseed where I gave control to FDR, but when I went to the Crucible after cleaning up the Factory, all the remaining clones attacked me. 

I got that bug and was prepared

The recommendation I saw, and it worked for me, is if you show up and everyone is hostile - book it back to your ship, sleep for at least a hour and then when you get off your ship, everyone is back to normal pretending like nothing happened

In fact was was really weird was that a couple of people got nuked in the chaos but when I woke up - they were fine

I think I still have a save from right after I finished the facility, will try later. Part of me wants to kill FDR so I can wear the three piece suit.

one thing I did for NG+3 was to go to Enhance and fresh up my characters look: new hair and hair color, new earrings, slightly thinner build. 

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

one thing I did for NG+3 was to go to Enhance and fresh up my characters look: new hair and hair color, new earrings, slightly thinner build. 

I love that you need to go to a cosmetic surgeon to change your earrings.

I'm on my fifth character right now, none of whom have completed the main questline. Not that I find it terrible or anything; I just keep getting distracted by thoughts of how a different character might handle things and starting over.

Well, the economy in Starfield is generally pretty weird. As I may have mentioned before, it's seemingly impossible to buy furniture. On the other hand, there's no shortage of grocery stores who will happily give you credits for a half-eaten sandwich.

36 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Well, the economy in Starfield is generally pretty weird. As I may have mentioned before, it's seemingly impossible to buy furniture. On the other hand, there's no shortage of grocery stores who will happily give you credits for a half-eaten sandwich.

I think the game wants you to invest points in Outpost Management so that you can construct furniture from Resources and then use the various junk items like impact drivers and shot glasses as decoration.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

I think the game wants you to invest points in Outpost Management so that you can construct furniture from Resources

Oh, definitely. And when you're building an outpost on an uninhabited planet, that arguably even makes some sense.

But one of the questlines rewards you with a nice condo in New Atlantis and a decent sum of money, and you'd think you could use the latter to furnish the former. But not so much. Even in the middle of the largest city in the Settled Systems, if you don't have the skills to build the furniture you want from scratch, you're out of luck. That seems a little odd.

• Like 1

One very minor thing that strikes me as weird in hindsight is how in Fallout 4, a fucked up post aplocalyptic universe, you could rarely find little minigames you could play on the pip boy and as far as I know there isn't a single equivilant anywhere in the Starfield universe.

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

But one of the questlines rewards you with a nice condo in New Atlantis and a decent sum of money, and you'd think you could use the latter to furnish the former. But not so much. Even in the middle of the largest city in the Settled Systems, if you don't have the skills to build the furniture you want from scratch, you're out of luck. That seems a little odd.

Yeah, it's one of those things the devs missed, IMO.  My outpost on Bessel 3B is still a work in progress because I'm constantly running out of resources for room dividers and the like. 

I should be able to establish a merchant connection to a preferred retailer and just buy the stuff I need for construction or junk items I want for decor instead of going all the way back to a settlement to go Resource shopping.

Finally managed to get Amelia Earhart as a companion. I’ve been running with Emma Wilcox, since I don’t have any Constellation peeps this round. 

landed on moon to get the Apollo snow globe. While there stole a space hyena, but currently don’t have enough money to register it. I’m so tired of the starboard ship, where you can’t sleep on it. 

• Like 1