DVDVR Message Board
SirFozzie

The Cricket Thread, Mark 2

On 9/17/2019 at 5:37 PM, SirFozzie said:

The Sun decides to drag up 30 year old news about a member of Ben Stokes family, and makes it front page news.

The Sun should be fired into the sun, but I don't want to pollute the celestial body.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49726913

Horrible "paper". The Sun is getting a deserved kicking for these actions. Fuck the Sun.

Have you heard about Kyle Abbott, @SirFozzie? Kyle Abbott finished with match figures of 17-86 as Hampshire beat Somerset. First innings 9-40 and 8-46 in the second. Those figures are the best by any Hampshire bowler and the fourth best in the history of the County Championship.

Edited by The Natural

Yeah, seeign what he's doing at his age makes me feel not so bad about my age.

• Like 1

It'd be kinda fitting after the World Cup, if the 5th T20 between England and New Zealand was rained out, to leave the series, you guessed it, tied 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

It'd be kinda fitting after the World Cup, if the 5th T20 between England and New Zealand was rained out, to leave the series, you guessed it, tied 😉

Game tied and went to a super over! England win the T20 Series 3-2. New Zealand must hate it going down twice to England, here and in the World Cup this year.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

New Zealand deserves some joy against England this year. I think they'll win the First Test, Day 5 tomorrow.

Edited by The Natural

Warner has bounced back after the Ashes pretty well, an near-Australia record 335 not out (beating two Australian legends, Don Bradman  and Mark Taylor), When combined with his t20 scores and his performance in the first test, he's AVERAGING 388 runs per time he's lost his wicket this Aussie summer.

Three words, folks. In Freaking Sane.

• Thanks 1

Sad breaking news, Bob Willis has passed away at the age of 70. Willis will be best remembered for his crucial part in the 1981 Ashes Headingley Test match in Leeds, 8-43. He took 325 Test wickets (fourth highest in England's all time list after Anderson, Board, Botham). Willis was also a no nonsense pundit calling it as he saw it. R.I.P. Thoughts go out to Bob Willis' family and friends.

Edited by The Natural

The aforementioned 8-43 by Bob Willis:

EK9GGqWWsAE-fgQ.jpg

Edited by The Natural

The end to the Test Match between South Africa and England today make the greatest argument possible to keep the five day test.

• Like 1

*voiceover* Hans Moleman presents A Hans Moleman Film, "Man Getting Hit By Cricket Ball"

19 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

The end to the Test Match between South Africa and England today make the greatest argument possible to keep the five day test.

This. The ultimate form of the game should remain the five day test.